Welkom! » Log in » Registreer een nieuw account

Nieuwe wereld

Gepost door JohnCopier 
Top 100 wines of Chile 2019
08 December 2019 13:47
Top 100 wines of Chile 2019

With nine wines in our global list of Top 100 Wines of 2019 (three times as many as it had in our 2018 list), Chile was represented more times than Germany, New Zealand, Spain and Portugal. Only Italy, France and the USA had more wines in the list, and it was level with Australia. If you needed proof of how much progress is being made by the top wineries in the country, surely that is it.

[www.jamessuckling.com]

John

Life is always better when I wine.

Koken is meer dan een recept.
Circular solution reduces plastic waste in Australian wine industry
08 December 2019 14:01
Circular solution reduces plastic waste in Australian wine industry

A program has been set up in South Australia resulting in an ongoing circular economy recycling service for vineyard operators for their end-of-life drip tube. There is also growing interest in the service from interstate, writes Andrew Spence and Sonya Logan.

Deze berichten lezen wij graag.

[winetitles.com.au]

John

Sonoma’s refreshing diversity: 450+ wines tasted
12 December 2019 14:13
Sonoma’s refreshing diversity: 450+ wines tasted

To say this part of the Californian wine landscape is a complex one is an understatement. The possibilities for wine production run so many styles, from cool-climate sparkling on the coast to stylishly rich Bordeaux-style reds in warmer pockets and everything in between.

[www.jamessuckling.com]

John

Tasting Vitality: An Introduction
12 December 2019 17:51
Tasting Vitality: An Introduction

or the past two years, I’ve been working intermittently on developing a new wine tasting model to be included in the book I’m writing on the philosophy of wine. I’ve finally gotten around to working it up into something publishable at least on a blog. So I will be devoting some posts to it over the next several weeks.

[foodandwineaesthetics.com]

[foodandwineaesthetics.com]

John

Andrea Mullineux to head up Cape Winemakers Guild
13 December 2019 13:22
Andrea Mullineux to head up Cape Winemakers Guild

Andrea Mullineux has been appointed as the new chairwoman of the Cape Winemakers Guild.

[www.thedrinksbusiness.com]

John

International education overtakes wine as SA’s No.1 export
16 December 2019 18:20
International education overtakes wine as SA’s No.1 export

For the first time ever, South Australia’s international education sector has overtaken wine to become the state’s number one export.

[www.miragenews.com]

John

2 Grades of Winegrapes From One Vineyard? Here’s How
18 December 2019 18:32
2 Grades of Winegrapes From One Vineyard? Here’s How

or Chateau Ste. Michelle, one of the largest wine producers in the U.S., the payoff is a $10 premium on reserve-quality wines from a portion of its vineyards while the balance of the yield goes to good quality basic wines — all harvested at the same time. Which of course also brings additional efficiencies at harvest time.
How do they do it?

[www.growingproduce.com]

John

Icewine: Canada’s Gold in a Glass
02 January 2020 17:57
Icewine: Canada’s Gold in a Glass

Icewine: Canada’s golden winter elixir … that’s the hot topic of our segment above on CTV’s The Social.

[www.nataliemaclean.com]

John

Trump Winery Fired Undocumented Workers — But Only After Grape Harvest Had Ended
02 January 2020 18:26
Trump Winery Fired Undocumented Workers — But Only After Grape Harvest Had Ended

At least seven unauthorized employees — some of whom had worked at the winery for over a decade — were dismissed by the vineyard this week.

[www.huffpost.com]

John

Horror Christmas for Adelaide Hills wineries
02 January 2020 18:32
Horror Christmas for Adelaide Hills wineries

Australia's raging mega-fires have destroyed homes, forests and wildlife. The wine industry has not been spared, with up to a third of grape production wiped out in the premier Adelaide Hills wine region of South Australia. Jeni Port has the story.

[www.drinks-today.com]

John

Re: Horror Christmas for Adelaide Hills wineries
02 January 2020 23:03
Hoe gaan ze dit nog stoppen?
Elk jaar erger dan het jaar ervoor.....
03 January 2020 09:32
Het beste is om het te ontkennen.

John

07 January 2020 15:18
Maximum of 1% of Australia’s total vineyard area damaged by fires to date

Wine Australia has said that, while the “toll on individuals cannot be underestimated and should not be downplayed”, a review of fire maps suggests a maximum of around 1,500ha of vineyards fall within the regions affected by the current bushfires to date.

[harpers.co.uk]

John

07 January 2020 15:30
Rauch 12.000 Kilometer über den Pazifik getragen

Rauchwolke aus Australien verfärbt Sonne in Chile und Argentinien rot

[rp-online.de]

John

07 January 2020 17:58
Australian fires: Vineyard damage reported in New South Wales

Following news that as much as a third of vines growing in South Australia’s Adelaide Hills have been burnt, damage has been reported in the state of New South Wales, specifically in the Tumbarumba region.

John

Fifty shades of green – the need to redefine best practice viticulture
07 January 2020 18:07
Fifty shades of green – the need to redefine best practice viticulture

Enhancing biodiversity in vineyards is increasingly being recognised as a means of remedying some of the ongoing challenges facing more conventionally-managed properties, such as pest and disease outbreaks.

[winetitles.com.au]

John

Roodezandt and McGregor Join Forces to Form Super Winery
18 January 2020 13:47
Roodezandt and McGregor Join Forces to Form Super Winery

Two leading wineries in the Robertson region have amalgamated to create a new South African wine industry powerhouse. Roodezandt Winery and McGregor Cellar are set to establish Roodezandt (Pty) Ltd after member producers of both wineries agreed to the amalgamation that will see a winery with harvest capacity of 44 000 tons, making it one of the largest in the Cape industry.

[news.wine.co.za]

John

South African Wine Pioneer Chris Mullineux and the greatness of Old Vine Swartland Chenin Blanc
27 January 2020 17:56
South African Wine Pioneer Chris Mullineux and the greatness of Old Vine Swartland Chenin Blanc

Called "Het Zwarte Land" in Afrikaans (the Black Land) because of the dominant indigenous Renosterbos plant which takes on a dark appearance when viewed from the distance. Swartland is located 30 miles north of Cape Town in South Africa. First colonized in 1685 by French Huguenot refugees, it was traditionally known as a mixed crop farming region with a focus on cereal crops. Until recently it was largely forgotten as a winemaking region as Stellenbosch became the hub of South African wine.

[grapecollective.com]

John

97,100 gallons of wine spill into Russian River
24 January 2020 13:09
97,100 gallons of wine spill into Russian River

A burst tank at a winery in California has spilled 97,112 gallons (367,608 litres) of Cabernet Sauvignon into a tributary of Russian River.

Met al dat water tekort in California is dit een mooie meevaller.grinning smiley

John

Re: 97,100 gallons of wine spill into Russian River
24 January 2020 17:46
Up to 96,000 gallons of wine spills at Rodney Strong Vineyards, most leaks into Russian River

The Russian River flowed with a cherry red tint Wednesday after tens of thousands of gallons of fresh cabernet sauvignon wine poured into the largest tributary in Sonoma County.

[www.pressdemocrat.com]

John

Re: 97,100 gallons of wine spill into Russian River
30 January 2020 20:57
Binnenkort, net als met olievervoer, dubbelwandige tanks gebruiken? cool smiley
SA wine history: A contemporary account of Cape wine in the early 1700s
04 February 2020 16:07
SA wine history: A contemporary account of Cape wine in the early 1700s

Just over three centuries ago, in 1719, the German astronomer and surveyor Peter Kolbe published his comprehensive Caput Bonae Spei Hodiernum, a detailed account of day-to-day life at the Cape where he had lived between 1705 and 1713. Largely – and sympathetically – devoted to a study of the Khoikhoi (‘Their Religion, Government, Laws, Customs, Ceremonies, and Opinions; Their Art of War, Professions, Language, Genius, etc’), it also described the topography, climate, flora and fauna of the Cape, and included ‘a Short Account of the Dutch Settlement’.

[winemag.co.za]

John

Clonakilla will not produce 2020 vintage
18 February 2020 18:43
Clonakilla will not produce 2020 vintage

Australian producer Clonakilla has said that “unacceptably high levels of smoke taint” across all varieties means it will not be producing a 2020 vintage.

Misschien ook wel het beste. Je verlies nemen is altijd beter dan je naam te grabbel gooien.

John

SA wine history: The forbidden fruit that was Roodeberg
18 February 2020 18:54
SA wine history: The forbidden fruit that was Roodeberg

Early last year I was commissioned by the KWV to research the history of Roodeberg ahead of the once-iconic brand’s 70th birthday. It was a fun project but also a fairly frustrating one because nobody at KWV headquarters in Paarl seemed able to find any of the old records.

[winemag.co.za]

John

Pop quiz - So you think you know Lodi wine?
18 February 2020 18:57
Pop quiz - So you think you know Lodi wine?

So you think you know Lodi? Here is a chance to test yourself on what we consider the most basic things to know about Lodi wines and Lodi wine country. If you can answer most of these questions straight-away, then yes, you are truly a Lodi wine geek, you lovable weirdo you.

But we're warning you: We're not making it easy, and many of the questions are technical in nature, or else reflect something of a Lodi "insider's" knowledge. The answers, of course, are at the very end. And once you know all, you can indeed consider yourself a Lodi wine "master."

Have fun!

[www.lodiwine.com]-

John

A refreshing outlook and new ideas: an evening with Ernst Loosen
20 February 2020 12:27
A refreshing outlook and new ideas: an evening with Ernst Loosen

There are few more colourful, vivacious and spirited individuals than Ernst Loosen. Those who have spent any amount of time with him will know well the personality of which I speak. Since the 1980’s he has produced world-class Riesling from the Mosel to Washington State, experimented with Pinot Noir in Oregon and shared his knowledge as far afield as New Zealand. Ernie is an innovator, he pushes boundaries, but most of all he rejects defeatism. It is with an open mind and curious inquisition that Ernst, and his wines, have continued to evolve despite a host of existential challenges. I spent an evening exploring this refreshing outlook …

[wordonthegrapevine.co.uk]

John

How South African wineland workers used global networks to fight for their rights
20 February 2020 12:39
How South African wineland workers used global networks to fight for their rights

Echoes of apartheid-style exploitation of workers have resurfaced in recent years in South Africa. Debates around these malpractices were given fresh impetus four years ago with the release of a documentary, Bitter Grapes. Produced by Danish journalist Tom Heinemann, it featured workers from South Africa’s winelands.

[theconversation.com]

John

In conversation with Laura Catena
24 February 2020 18:49
In conversation with Laura Catena

Dr Laura Catena, emergency doctor and general manager of Bodega Catena Zapata, brings an unusual focus to wine. She speaks with Robert Joseph.

S c h i t t e r e n d e wijnen. Klassiek Bordeaux maar dan voor een andere prijs.

[www.drinks-today.com]

John

SA wine history: Crimes and misdemeanours in the Helderberg
04 March 2020 18:13
SA wine history: Crimes and misdemeanours in the Helderberg

‘I do not think this wine can be bettered at the Cape today,’ wrote C de Bosdari about Alto Rouge some 70 years ago – and you can read more about the ‘excellent model’ of this much-admired wine here, in an article offering just a small taste of early wine history towards the end.

[winemag.co.za]

John

In focus: Criolla
10 March 2020 14:15
In focus: Criolla

db profiles how Argentine winemakers are using the country's Criolla grapes, which account for as much as a third of total vineyard area.

John

Sorry, alleen geregistreerde gebruikers mogen berichten plaatsen in dit forum.

Klik hier om in te loggen