Welkom! » Log in » Registreer een nieuw account

Nieuwe wereld

Gepost door JohnCopier 
Re: Australian wine producers facing bleak future with China's tariffs
01 December 2020 20:02
Misschien een deal sluiten met Groot-Brittannië?
Wijn naar het VK en, ja wat eigenlijk richting Australië? cool smiley
GEN Z DRINKERS IN AUSTRALIA ARE NOW DRINKING WINE MORE FREQUENTLY THAN MILLENNIALS
02 December 2020 19:01
GEN Z DRINKERS IN AUSTRALIA ARE NOW DRINKING WINE MORE FREQUENTLY THAN MILLENNIALS

Insights such as this will be available in the new Wine Intelligence Australia Wine Consumer Observatory 2021, which will be the one-stop shop for businesses selling wine in Canada.

The Australia Observatory will consist of Wine Intelligence reports and webinars delivered by Wine Intelligence market experts – all focused on the Australian market and delivered throughout the year.

[www.wineintelligence.com]

John

Life is always better when I wine.

Koken is meer dan een recept.
Mourvedre: Sidelined by Phylloxera No More
07 December 2020 18:40
Mourvedre: Sidelined by Phylloxera No More

One of the silver linings of the last nine months unable to travel has been the chance to spend time virtually with some of California winemakers whose work I find inspiring. One of these is Bedrock Wine Company's Morgan Twain-Peterson. He and I were paired up in the finale of the California Wine Institute's "Behind the Wine" series.

[tablascreek.typepad.com]

John

On wine and good health in the pandemic circa 1348 (my Georgetown Humanities Initiative lecture).
07 December 2020 18:47
On wine and good health in the pandemic circa 1348 (my Georgetown Humanities Initiative lecture).

When esteemed wine educator Karen MacNeil upbraided me last year for writing about a wine and its effect on my metabolism, it only reminded me of what a soulless wine writer she is. And her pungent words came to mind this week when I delivered a virtual lecture on wine as an expression of Western culture for the Georgetown University Humanities Initiative.

[dobianchi.com]

John

Cape Winemakers Guild welcomes new members and protégés
07 December 2020 19:12
Cape Winemakers Guild welcomes new members and protégés

The Cape Winemakers Guild (CWG) is proud to announce the two new members joining its ranks and the three new CWG Protégés who have joined their Protégé Programme.

[news.wine.co.za]

John

This viral cake-cutting method using wine glasses is kind of genius
07 December 2020 19:15
This viral cake-cutting method using wine glasses is kind of genius

That way, you can say "cheers" with a cupful of cake!

[www.today.com]

John

SA now has 300 million litres of unsold wine - here's how it will probably play out
16 December 2020 18:51
SA now has 300 million litres of unsold wine - here's how it will probably play out

Ahead of the incoming harvest, South African wine producers are still stuck with surplus stock of 280 million to 300 million litres of wine.
This is the equivalent of total wine sales in the country in the past year.
Wine prices have already started to fall as producers try to shift product, while next year’s grape harvest could end up in juice or hand sanitiser.
For more articles, go to [www.BusinessInsider.co.za].

[www.businessinsider.co.za]

John

WINES OF ARGENTINA ENDS ‘SUCCESSFUL’ YEAR
24 December 2020 19:26
WINES OF ARGENTINA ENDS ‘SUCCESSFUL’ YEAR

Industry body Wines of Argentina (WofA) has made progress in its aim to raise the profile of Argentine wine abroad, hosting over 50 digital events and launching a new podcast.

[www.thedrinksbusiness.com]

John

ALMOST CLUB DECEMBER 2020 EDITION – 50 WINES COVERED
30 December 2020 18:38
ALMOST CLUB DECEMBER 2020 EDITION – 50 WINES COVERED

Not all wines can be great. Plenty are just ok drinks. And some are just bad.

Here then is a selection of wines that almost made it to a pass mark (silver medal standard) in December.

Notably, there were a bunch of wines in here that were just plain faulty. Mercaptans, oxidation. Who even bottles these things, let alone sends them out for review?

[www.ozwinereview.com]

John

The fine wine private label
12 January 2021 15:07
The fine wine private label

Cameron Hughes has done something unthinkable – made fine wine private labels and reinvented how consumers buy wine. Jeff Siegel has the story.

[www.wine-business-international.com]

John

Sorry, alleen geregistreerde gebruikers mogen berichten plaatsen in dit forum.

Klik hier om in te loggen