Welkom! » Log in » Registreer een nieuw account

Nieuwe wereld

Gepost door JohnCopier 
Five Female Heroes Changing the Food and Wine Industry in Africa
08 March 2022 18:19
Five Female Heroes Changing the Food and Wine Industry in Africa

CEO of The Travel Corporation’s Africa Division, Lucille Sive, who oversees safari outfitters Lion World Travel and African Travel, Inc., shares her top five female heroes in Africa who are changing the game in the male-dominated food and wine industry.

[www.fb101.com]

John

Life is always better when I wine.

Koken is meer dan een recept.
South African wine industry: Masters of our own destruction?
08 March 2022 18:37
South African wine industry: Masters of our own destruction?

A look at what could be the reasons for the friction the South African wine industry is experiencing in working with the government and having our concerns and problems addressed in a meaningful way.

[news.wine.co.za]

John

Red Blends from Chile? They’re On the Rise
10 March 2022 18:31
Red Blends from Chile? They’re On the Rise

Seeking complexity and consumer interest, winemakers are shifting their approach

[www.pix.wine]

John

A New Wave of Reds Emerges from Argentina
10 March 2022 18:33
A New Wave of Reds Emerges from Argentina

Winemakers’ focus on terroir has brought out the best of the country’s grapes

[www.pix.wine]

John

The Birthplace of Australian Wine
14 March 2022 17:56
The Birthplace of Australian Wine

What a difference a few hundred years makes in a city. It's 1791 in the Governor's garden in Sydney, New South Wales, Australia. On one side of the garden are a few grape vines brought to the British outpost from vineyards in South Africa.

[www.geralddboydonwine.com]

John

Cool-climate viticulture could soon be a country’s best asset, says Chilean winemaker
24 March 2022 18:27
Cool-climate viticulture could soon be a country’s best asset, says Chilean winemaker

Playing it cool will be make or break for producers, MontGras’ head winemaker Adolfo Hurtado tells the drinks business

[www.thedrinksbusiness.com]

John

BinGo! A made-in-China Penfolds in Ningxia?
24 March 2022 18:30
BinGo! A made-in-China Penfolds in Ningxia?

Online trade publication WBO reports that Treasury Wine Estates, best-known for its Penfolds label, is making progress in plans to make wine in China. WBO said it has learned TWE picked 10 producers from 80-plus candidates in China to submit wines for what some assume will ultimately be a blend bottled in Ningxia.

[www.grapewallofchina.com]

John

Leaving a Sauer taste — the legs of apartheid linger in South Africa’s premier red wine
24 March 2022 18:32
Leaving a Sauer taste — the legs of apartheid linger in South Africa’s premier red wine

Why is South Africa’s first 100-point wine named after the man who chaired the commission that provided the blueprint for what he termed ‘total apartheid’?

[www.dailymaverick.co.za]

John

How The California List brings a Grand Cru status to California’s wine estates
28 March 2022 17:20
How The California List brings a Grand Cru status to California’s wine estates

Inspired by the 1855 Classification of Bordeaux, The California List, which was launched on Wednesday in London, is a new 51-strong list of seminal Californian wine producers, being formally acknowledged for the first time for their impact on the UK market. Judged by a panel led by Jancis Robinson MW and including Ronan Sayburn MS, the List was launched at a ritzy West End reception, with 32 of the producer’s wines being poured including library stock of Harlan Estate, Opus One and new wave producers such as Radio-Coteau. Peter Dean was our man at the launch who heard from Robinson, Sayburn and others about the rationale behind the concept.

[www.the-buyer.net]

John

WineInk: The story of Sky Devil wines
05 April 2022 17:32
WineInk: The story of Sky Devil wines

A wine for the time

[www.aspentimes.com]

John

7 Napa and Sonoma Producers Bringing Out the Best in Chardonnay
08 April 2022 17:12
7 Napa and Sonoma Producers Bringing Out the Best in Chardonnay

At its best, Chardonnay is sublime and sophisticated, with classical elements of freshness and structure, the fruit, oak and acidity all in balance. In Napa and Sonoma, Chardonnay is having a heyday, with many winemakers devoted to mastering it. These are just a few.

[www.winemag.com]

John

Malbec Mon Amour, a love letter to Argentina’s flagship grape
11 April 2022 17:11
Malbec Mon Amour, a love letter to Argentina’s flagship grape

In this book authored by Catena Zapata’s Laura Catena and chief winemaker Alejandro Vigil, the duo charts the history of Malbec, rise of Argentina’s wine industry and the one key family that brought the black grape to new heights.

[vino-joy.com]

John

Singapore sentences Australian for hurling wine bottle, killing man
11 April 2022 17:31
Singapore sentences Australian for hurling wine bottle, killing man

SINGAPORE, April 8 (Reuters) - A Singapore court on Friday sentenced an Australian man to five and a half years in prison for killing an elderly Singaporean man and hurting his wife with a thrown wine bottle, in what the judge called an act of religious hostility toward Muslims.

[www.reuters.com]

John

Argentina harvest report 2022: ‘wines with excellent ageing potential’
10 May 2022 17:36
Argentina harvest report 2022: ‘wines with excellent ageing potential’

The latest in a string of good vintages, 2022 still presented challenges for winemakers. Alejandro Iglesias reports on the conditions in Mendoza’s Uco Valley, San Juan, the Calchaquí Valleys and Patagonia.

[www.decanter.com]

John

Malu Lambert: Can cork taint be eradicated for ever?
11 May 2022 13:42
Malu Lambert: Can cork taint be eradicated for ever?

The Funeral for the Cork was held in New York City on 2 October, 2002. A sombrely irreverent affair, four pallbearers wearing suits carried a steel casket through a railway terminal and up to a grand high-ceilinged bar. They placed the casket in front of a stone fireplace, and opened it. The corpse inside was Thierry Bouchon, a figure made from corks. The name, a play on the French word for corkscrew. The funeral was organised by chief pallbearer and confirmed iconoclast Randall Graham, founder and winemaker of Bonny Doon Vineyard in California.

[winemag.co.za]

John

Syrah or Shiraz: which camp are you in?
17 May 2022 17:39
Syrah or Shiraz: which camp are you in?

Oz Clarke draws back the curtain on the history – and mystery – behind a grape variety with two names and a thousand different personalities

[cluboenologique.com]

John

Shining a Light on South African Wine
17 May 2022 17:47
Shining a Light on South African Wine

South Africa bridges the Old and New Worlds of wine, but it also has some unqiue challenges.

[www.wine-searcher.com]

John

NFTs and Wine - The Long Read
26 May 2022 12:37
NFTs and Wine - The Long Read

Almost overnight, NFTs - Non-Fungible Tokens have come from nowhere in the art world to become a market worth more than a quarter of the value of the US wine trade. Now they are moving into wine. In this extensive article, Robert Joseph attempts to throw some light on a very complex picture.

[www.wine-business-international.com]

John

Exotic wines hide in the heights of Chile's Atacama desert
26 May 2022 12:50
Exotic wines hide in the heights of Chile's Atacama desert

May 23 (Reuters) - Extreme temperatures, intense desert sun and high altitudes give grapes grown in Chile's Atacama Desert a thick skin, which indigenous farmers from the world's driest desert says leads to an intensely colored wine with bold flavors.

[www.reuters.com]

John

The baseball field in a Sonoma wine vineyard
10 June 2022 12:41
The baseball field in a Sonoma wine vineyard

'It's kind of like this secret, hidden gem'

[www.mlb.com]

John

The story of Blind Ambition
14 June 2022 17:02
The story of Blind Ambition

Erica Platter is a journalist-turned-wine-producer and publisher. Her surname will be familiar to anyone who knows anything about South African wine. In 1978 she and her journalist husband John launched Platter’s South African Wine Guide, a pocketbook unashamedly modelled on Hugh Johnson’s international annual.

[www.jancisrobinson.com]

John

French give green light for global Chenin conference in South Africa
17 June 2022 17:33
French give green light for global Chenin conference in South Africa

Stellenbosch has been selected as the global meeting point this November for a prestigious, multi-disciplinary congress on Chenin Blanc, a grape variety regarded as key to the future of wine growing.

[harpers.co.uk]

John

Tinterra: the most exclusive secrets of a luxurious Mexican wine
30 June 2022 17:32
Tinterra: the most exclusive secrets of a luxurious Mexican wine

Wine is a mirror. It reveals the secrets of those who produce it, wear it and drink it. Sometimes it’s a gift, a way to pamper yourself, claim a place in the world. The wine leaves its mark. In it we find notes of identity, a vessel fine with pride, a full body of effort, and a slight enigmatic sweetness.

[california18.com]

John

Argentinian Visionaries
30 June 2022 17:44
Argentinian Visionaries

Famously the hero country for Malbec, Argentina has so much more to give when it comes to wine, thanks to the pioneers who are capitalising on the climatic possibilities. Sorrel Moseley-Williams takes a journey through some of the latest trends in this vast and varied land.

[drinksint.com]

Famously the hero country for Malbec, Argentina has so much more to give when it comes to wine, thanks to the pioneers who are capitalising on the climatic possibilities. Sorrel Moseley-Williams takes a journey through some of the latest trends in this vast and varied land.

[drinksint.com]

John

AUSTRALIA CRUSHES 1.73 MILLION TONNES
06 July 2022 16:40
AUSTRALIA CRUSHES 1.73 MILLION TONNES

The 2022 Australian winegrape crush is estimated to be 1.73 million tonnes, two percent below the 10-year average and 13.5 percent below the 2021 record crush of 2.01 million tonnes, according to the National Vintage Report 2022 by Wine Australia.

[wbmonline.com.au]

John

Blending a New Style of South African Wine
06 July 2022 17:15
Blending a New Style of South African Wine

Say what you like about Eben Sadie, but he doesn't go with the crowd when it comes to winemaking.

[www.wine-searcher.com]

John

Penfolds goes French, following in some Illustrious Footsteps
25 July 2022 14:46
Penfolds goes French, following in some Illustrious Footsteps

Will Penfolds decision to launch super-premium French, Californian and French-Australian and California-Australia blends under its own label inspire others to follow its example? Robert Joseph reports.

[www.wine-business-international.com]

John

Châteauneuf-du-Cape: star South African Rhône blends
27 July 2022 12:32
Châteauneuf-du-Cape: star South African Rhône blends

Of all the areas where Rhône varieties have been imported, South Africa is increasingly reputed. Malu Lambert digs deep into its terroirs

[cluboenologique.com]

John

INTERNATIONAL GRENACHE DAY 2022 IS WEEKS AWAY – BUT THIS QUARTET FROM YALUMBA, YANGARRA & OX HARDY WAS TOO GOOD TO WAIT
05 September 2022 17:11
INTERNATIONAL GRENACHE DAY 2022 IS WEEKS AWAY – BUT THIS QUARTET FROM YALUMBA, YANGARRA & OX HARDY WAS TOO GOOD TO WAIT

International Grenache Day 2022 is September 16th. I had to Google that, because all I had written down was ‘late September’. And after tasting through the bracket of Grenache below, I thought, ‘fuck it, I’m not waiting that long’.

[www.ozwinereview.com]

John

Stellenbosch Report: The Cabernet Collective – one for all & all for one
15 September 2022 08:23
Stellenbosch Report: The Cabernet Collective – one for all & all for one

The sense of spirit and togetherness is there to be seen right across the winemaking community in Stellenbosch, and none more so than with the members of the Stellenbosch Cabernet Collective – 35 producers who are all working individually and together to put Stellenbosch Cabernet Sauvignon on the world map. For the latest article from his in-depth Stellenbosch Business Report, Richard Siddle, talks to leading members of the group about how Cabernet is evolving in the region and the drive to make even more quality wines.

[www.the-buyer.net]

John

Sorry, alleen geregistreerde gebruikers mogen berichten plaatsen in dit forum.

Klik hier om in te loggen