Welkom! » Log in » Registreer een nieuw account

Nieuwe wereld

Gepost door JohnCopier 
How old vines are a key part of Stellenbosch’s future
27 September 2022 15:15
How old vines are a key part of Stellenbosch’s future

However much Stellenbosch wants to look forward, its future also lies in its past and the traditions and knowhow that enable so many of the innovations taking place in the region to happen. None more so than in the role of old vines in helping winemakers rediscover, and bring back to life varieties and plots of land that have gone unloved for many years. In the latest article from The Buyer’s Stellenbosch Business Report, Richard Siddle assesses just what impact old vines are having on modern winemaking in Stellenbosch.

[www.the-buyer.net]

John

Life is always better when I wine.

Koken is meer dan een recept.
CapeWine 2022 kicks off with sustainability in mind
08 October 2022 11:53
CapeWine 2022 kicks off with sustainability in mind

Today marks the beginning of CapeWine 2022, South Africa’s annual wine trade fair, with an opening statement from Siobhan Thompson, CEO of Wines of South Africa (WoSA), putting the focus on sustainability.

[www.thedrinksbusiness.com]

John

South African winemakers foreground quality in breaking into canned wine
10 October 2022 19:36
South African winemakers foreground quality in breaking into canned wine

Canned wine is seeing slow but steady growth in South Africa, but winemakers championing alternative formats are focusing on quality in order to convert domestic consumers.

John

Archaeologists discover mural of Aztec god of alcohol in Mexican convent
18 October 2022 15:17
Archaeologists discover mural of Aztec god of alcohol in Mexican convent

Archaeologists believe the pre-Columbian wall drawing of a god wearing a feathered headdress likely depicts Tepoztēcatl, the god of pulque[/b]

[www.theartnewspaper.com]

John

1 keer gewijzigd. Laatste wijziging: 18/10/2022 15:19 door JohnCopier.
South African Wineries Focus on Sustainability at CapeWine
02 November 2022 14:14
South African Wineries Focus on Sustainability at CapeWine

Following the cancellation of the last CapeWine because of the pandemic, it has been four years since the last event. The South African wine industry's leading trade show reveals the dynamism of the sector. In 2022, sustainability was the main theme of the show as well as its seminars and tasting zones. Clemens Gerke reports.

[www.wine-business-international.com]

John

Fresh thinking: high-altitude Malbec in Mendoza
09 November 2022 14:54
Fresh thinking: high-altitude Malbec in Mendoza

Terrazas de los Andes founder and director Hervé Birnie-Scott tells db about how his pursuit of making a fresher style of Malbec in Mendoza pushes him to higher and higher altitudes.

John

TOP 100 WINES OF NEW ZEALAND 2022
24 November 2022 19:23
TOP 100 WINES OF NEW ZEALAND 2022

It would have been easy for New Zealand to rest on its laurels from last year, when it was awarded our Top Wine of the World. Instead, the overachieving wine country looked ahead with renewed vigor and churned out a slew of even more amazing bottles to take the Top 100 Wines of New Zealand 2022 to another level, lending more credence to the argument that the country has found its place on the global stage of great wine.

[www.jamessuckling.com]

John

Sorry, alleen geregistreerde gebruikers mogen berichten plaatsen in dit forum.

Klik hier om in te loggen