Welkom! » Log in » Registreer een nieuw account

Nieuwe wereld

Gepost door JohnCopier 
Re: Amerikanen houden van BBQ.
04 July 2019 17:21
Die namen worden nogal eens door elkaar gebruikt. Wat zal het daar lekker ruiken. Rook, hout en sap. grinning smiley
04 July 2019 17:35
En nu ook nog whiskey grinning smiley

[scotchwhisky.com]
04 July 2019 19:13
Toch twee branden?cool smiley

John

Life is always better when I wine.

Koken is meer dan een recept.
17 July 2019 17:03
Beam Suntory may be fined over warehouse fire

Beam Suntory could be fined over a fire that broke out at its Jim Beam warehouse site earlier this month after thousands of fish in the Kentucky River died.

Dit gaat een kant op die ik niet had verwacht.

[www.thespiritsbusiness.com]

John

17 July 2019 18:21
Lijkt wel Nederland daar in Kentucky grinning smiley

Elk bedrijf bij een rivier verhuizen dan maar?
Brand door blikseminslag is nagenoeg niet te voorkomen.....
The value of wine criticism: A conversation with Eric Asimov
12 July 2019 17:23
What is the proper role of the wine critic? Is it more than simply reviewing bottles? Eric Asimov, Chief Wine Critic of The New York Times, shares his wine writing philosophy.

[www.drinks-today.com]

John

Tim Atkin MW: Celebrating Chenin
10 July 2019 17:29
Where was the Riesling? Johann de Wet shrugged sheepishly and said he’d brought five Robertson Chardonnays to taste instead. “We only make 6,000 bottles of Riesling these days,” he admitted. “Our family drinks a third of it, we give half away to friends and we struggle to sell the rest.”

[harpers.co.uk]

John

Australische wijnstokken strekken zich uit tot aan de maan
08 July 2019 09:15
Zet je alle wijnstokken van Australië achter elkaar, dan kom je daarmee tot aan de maan en zelfs nog een aardig stukje terug.

De afstand tussen de aarde en de maan is 384.000 kilometer. Australië's wijnstokken strekken zich uit over een lengte van 453.718 kilometer.

[www.foodlog.nl]

John

Re: Australische wijnstokken strekken zich uit tot aan de maan
09 July 2019 12:55
Geinig feitje maar in het artikel ontkrachten ze het meteen al....
Spanje komt tot voorbij Mars en terug?
New Zealand vintage 2019 statistics
04 July 2019 11:45
“Small but stunning” was the heading on a New Zealand Winegrowers recent press release featuring statistics for the 2019 harvest.

[www.therealreview.com]

John

How A Rumor About The Devil Saved This Chilean Wine
02 July 2019 17:21
The Bible's head devil goes by many names - Satan, Lucifer, The Father of Lies - but one lesser-known story of which he is the star tells of the time in which a strategically-placed rumor about him saved one of the most heavily-awarded wines to ever come out of Chile.

Mooi verhaal.

[www.forbes.com]

John

'First Lady' of New Zealand Wine to be inducted into Business hall of fame
01 July 2019 17:30
The New Zealand wine legend instrumental in bringing New Zealand wine onto the world stage is to be inducted into the Business Hall of Fame.

[www.nzherald.co.nz]

John

Why Concha y Toro sees sustainability as an opportunity not a cost
29 June 2019 06:59
Consumers are prepared to walk away from a brand unless it delivers the goods on going green – it may be expensive to be serious about sustainability but it will cost more in the long term if you get it wrong. So argues David Kermode who hears from Concha y Toro, the world’s fifth largest wine brand, on why it put sustainability at the very heart of its business and has a different outlook – it sees it as an opportunity not a cost. Kermode also talks to the company’s suppliers about how they go about meeting the ambitious targets set to help reduce the impact on the planet.

[www.the-buyer.net]

John

American honeybees just can't get a break
21 June 2019 12:21
American beekeepers have spent decades struggling with colony collapse disorder (CCD), which causes bees to mysteriously abandon their hives. CCD has raised concerns not just for beekeepers, but for farmers of all stripes — plus anyone who eats their crops. U.S. honeybees pollinate about $15 billion worth of crops per year, which provide a quarter of all food eaten nationwide.

Gaat ook voor Europa op. De stormbal hangt ook hier in de mast. Maar kennelijk zo hoog dat veel mensen het niet zien, of erger, niet willen zien.

[www.mnn.com]

John

Re: American honeybees just can't get a break
27 June 2019 15:29
Frans onderzoek: 'biolandbouw is beter voor de bijen'

Een team onderzoekers van verschillende Franse instituten heeft voor het eerst kunnen aantonen hoe biologische landbouw ten goede komt van honingbijen in de buurt. Ze analyseerden daarvoor zes jaar aan data die verzameld werden via een uniek systeem rond 180 bijenkasten.

[weekend.knack.be]

John

Biggest Australian wine tasting ever: 2,700+ ratings
27 June 2019 14:57
Four locations, six states, more than 2,700 wines rated and countless winery visits and meetings later, we traveled thousands of kilometers from Perth to Sydney in a three-week tasting tour that encompassed the wines from the very best producers across Western Australia, South Australia, Victoria, Tasmania, Australian Capital Territory and New South Wales.

[www.jamessuckling.com]

John

Australia's Hunter Valley Is The Next Big Wine Region To Watch
27 June 2019 10:37
Ask most wine buffs to name Australia's best wine region and the answer is usually the Barossa or the Yarra. Even within Australia, a lot of people have never even heard of the Hunter Valley—despite the fact that it is the oldest continuous wine region in the country.

[www.forbes.com]

John

'High quality vintage': Winemakers toast 2019 harvest
01 July 2019 17:07
Some of it is already sitting in bottles at wine bars and on shelves at bottle shops, while plenty more is sitting in stainless steel tanks at wineries across the nation.

Mooi herfst plaatje van "De Bortoli Wines in The Yarra Valley".

[www.brisbanetimes.com.au]

John

Seven Things You Should Know About Chateau Montelena
21 June 2019 17:04
Even if you’ve never set foot in Napa Valley, Chateau Montelena looms large in America’s wine community. It produced the winning white wine in the pivotal 1976 Judgment of Paris, earning its inclusion in the National Register of Historic Places. A bottle of the victorious 1973 Chardonnay is part of the permanent collection at the Smithsonian.

[vinepair.com]

John

The Wine Compass' opus on the long history and new iconic whites of Lodi (Part 1, 2)
13 June 2019 09:31
Wat weken geleden nog in het glas. Schitterende wijnen.

There are wine blogs and there are wine blogs. But how about one, called Wine Compass (est. 2005) that has endeavored to map out all the wineries, breweries, distilleries and cider tasting rooms in all 50 states of the U.S., plus Canada?

[www.lodiwine.com]-

John

1 keer gewijzigd. Laatste wijziging: 16/06/2019 16:57 door JohnCopier.
Re: The Wine Compass' opus on the long history and new iconic whites of Lodi (Part 1)
16 June 2019 16:57
Part 2: The Wine Compass' opus on the unique, unusual and unconventional wines of Lodi

[www.lodiwine.com]

John

Drinking rates in Australian go down
11 June 2019 18:06
Have you put a stopper in your bubbles and cracked open a bottle of bubbly water instead?

Perhaps you grab something soft instead of an evening beer on a school night now?

There is a gradual decline in the amount Aussies drink according to a Roy Morgan report released in May 2019.

[www.camdenadvertiser.com.au]

John

Opportunist alligator raids Florida home’s wine cabinet
03 June 2019 11:40
An opportunist alligator with a thirst for red broke into a Florida home last Friday, headed straight for the kitchen and raided the wine cabinet.

[www.thedrinksbusiness.com]

John

Chardonnay finds its perfect balance
28 May 2019 17:25
California Chardonnay has swung from lush to skinny and back again in the past two decades, and finally the pendulum has come to rest

[cluboenologique.com]

John

Why Some Winemakers Still Use the Name Fumé Blanc.
18 May 2019 13:30
The moniker may be a throwback, but producers still rely on it to convey style—and to set the wine apart in the market

[daily.sevenfifty.com]

John

Wines of Argentina
17 May 2019 17:50
Leading UK wine writer Tim Atkin MW has released his latest in-depth look at the Argentinean wine scene. His annual report, now in its eighth year and available through timatkin.com, is regarded as one of the most detailed and authoritative overviews of this exciting wine-producing nation.

[blog.winesofargentina.com]

John

Aussie winery suffers major fire months after re-opening
04 May 2019 13:44
Warrenmang Vineyard and Resort in the state of Victoria has suffered a major fire that has destroyed its restaurant, just months after it re-opened following a period of renovation work.

[www.thedrinksbusiness.com]

John

Old Vines in the New World
03 May 2019 15:13
Can we stop using the terms Old World and New World already? Wouldn’t it be more accurate to simply say Europe and elsewhere? (Though, admittedly, the Middle East and North Africa may take issue with that.) Many of the stylistic lines that separate the two designations have blurred, and even the use of the word old is suspect. Yes, of course Europe’s tradition of wine production is more established, but the same can’t necessarily be said of its vines. Thanks to phylloxera backpacking its way across Europe in the 1860s and ‘70s, the majority of the continent’s vineyards were grubbed up decades after colonialism had spread vinifera around the globe.

[www.guildsomm.com]

John

When it comes to wine, weird is the new normal — and that’s for the better
23 April 2019 10:13
Two telling things happened in spring 2008: In March, JP Morgan acquired Bear Stearns for $2 per share, to stabilize a Wall Street giant, and about a month later, a cohort of wine collectors gathered at Cru restaurant in New York for an auction that marked those swaggery days. Laurent Ponsot, proprietor of Domaine Ponsot, one of Burgundy’s most important domaines, appeared at Cru and stopped the sale of bottles from his property, claiming among other things a bottle of 1929 Clos de la Roche was fake, as the domaine didn’t produce the wine until 1934.

[www.washingtonpost.com]

John

Ground Zero voor Malbec
19 April 2019 18:03
Today is the 9th edition of World Malbec Day, established by Wines of Argentina to promote Malbec around the world. Argentina accounts for at least 75 percent of the world’s Malbec with more than 80,000 acres planted.

[www.winebusiness.com]

John

Sorry, alleen geregistreerde gebruikers mogen berichten plaatsen in dit forum.

Klik hier om in te loggen