Welkom! » Log in » Registreer een nieuw account

Nieuwe wereld

Gepost door JohnCopier 
The Wine Label Intellectual Property Directory will protect Australian wine from copycats
15 April 2019 12:22
Is een illusie.

[www.theadvocate.com.au]

John

Life is always better when I wine.

Koken is meer dan een recept.
Worst Wine Marketing Slogans
10 April 2019 15:25
Wine as natural as asphalt. Enz...

Met marketing worden zaken mooier voorgesteld dan ze in werkelijkheid zijn. Maar dit slaat door. Vooral die hond die likt...

[hosemasterofwine.blogspot.com]

John

Re: Worst Wine Marketing Slogans
15 April 2019 10:13
Vreselijk.....
Is this the best wine in the world? An app with 35 million subscribers says so.
08 April 2019 17:48
What’s the best wine in the world? Every winemaker would love to produce it. Every wine lover would love to drink it and hoard a few bottles in the cellar. Every wine writer would love to anoint it and tell you to buy it.

[www.washingtonpost.com]

John

The HoseMaster of Wine™ Solves The Enduring Mysteries of Wine
02 April 2019 12:02
Wine is more mysterious than the success of Andrew Lloyd Webber, the Yellow Tail of musical theater composers. It’s more mysterious than North Korean FaceBook. Wine has more secrets than auction houses have fake wines, or R. Kelly has fake tears. Wine is more perplexing than Brexit (short for Brextannomyces, which causes a distinct sulfurous smell). Wine befuddles us like nothing else, except maybe IKEA instructions. In short, everyone knows nothing about wine. Especially people with letters after their names. What are those WSET, CSW, MS, MW things? Surname dingleberries?

[timatkin.com]

John

Watch: Koala in vineyard hitches a ride in winemaker’s car
19 March 2019 16:24
South Australian winemaker Tim Whitrow got more than he bargained for when he returned to his car after checking on the grapes in his McLaren Vale vineyard, finding a koala on the back seat making full use of the air conditioning.

[www.thedrinksbusiness.com]

John

NASA satellite photo captures extent of Russian River flooding
11 March 2019 18:24
Dat duurt wel even voor ze daar droge voeten hebben. Wat een overlast! Kijk even naar de "Slide show".

[www.pressdemocrat.com]

John

Men (and Women!) At Work – The 2019 Australian Vintage Begins
27 February 2019 19:09
While those in the northern hemisphere are freezing their toes off in polar temperatures, in the southern hemisphere, summer is abating and the annual vintage cycle begins in earnest.

Bij ons duurt het nog even maar de natuur loopt een maand voor. Dat wordt eind juli begin augustus.

[abalancedglass.com]

John

South Africa
17 June 2019 17:44
South Africa Struggles for Survival

One of the world's oldest wine industries needs to increase prices, but will consumers be persuaded?

[www.wine-searcher.com]

John

1 keer gewijzigd. Laatste wijziging: 28/11/2019 18:47 door JohnCopier.
Black wine makers, professionals have arrived in South Africa
12 July 2019 17:45
Of all my field research of wine regions around the world no area has affected me more deeply than South Africa. The post-apartheid wine industry is more complex, nuanced, and fascinating than the best examples of its Pinotage and certainly other sectors of Africa’s largest economy. Even more compelling, the struggle, revitalization, and promise weave a complicated yet inspiring narrative that parallels issues we are facing within our own borders.

[www.thecolumbiastar.com]

John

SA Wine History: A few Steenberg surprises (Part 1-2)
13 June 2019 10:08
After all the drama and intrigue of the Christina Ustings story, is Steenberg’s next chapter a bit of an anti-climax? Far from it, in my opinion.

[winemag.co.za]

[winemag.co.za]

John

What makes the Cape wine region the most unique in the world?
09 July 2019 18:08
The Cape successfully straddles the New and the Old Worlds in a classicism which has earned it international accolades.

[www.thesouthafrican.com]

John

SA wine history: The first Stellenbosch wine farms
09 July 2019 18:11
As discussed last month, Steenberg claims to be ‘the Cape’s first farm’ with a founding date of 1682, yet this is also the founding date claimed by both Rustenberg and Blaauwklippen in Stellenbosch. I thought I’d pay them a visit back in time…

[winemag.co.za]

John

SA Wine History: The ‘excellent model’ of Alto Rouge
13 August 2019 17:26
Tasting for the annual Platter’s guide has reached a crescendo over the past few weeks, impacting on my free hours to poke around the archives for very early wine industry stories. The launch of the 2019 Signature Red Blend Report, however, sparked my curiosity to go back a mere century or so – to take a look at Alto Rouge, which happens to be celebrating its 100th birthday this year.

[winemag.co.za]

John

SA wine history: The resurrection of Constantia sweet wine
17 September 2019 17:33
This week Klein Constantia celebrated three decades of Vin de Constance with the launch of its 2016 vintage – and a taste of its maiden 1986.

[winemag.co.za]

John

SA wine history: The mystery of the matching gables
27 November 2019 18:51
One lovely aspect of South African wine history is the evolution of our so-called Cape Dutch architecture, featuring beautiful white-rendered finishes, gracious curves and elegant gables.

[winemag.co.za]

John

SA Wine History: Fighting for Vergelegen, then and now
09 April 2019 21:25
As the editor wrote last week, Vergelegen seems set for great things again, now that virus-free vines are reaching full maturity following an extensive replanting programme implemented in the early 2000s.

[winemag.co.za]

John

Re: SA Wine History: Fighting for Vergelegen, then and now
23 April 2019 17:52
SA wine history: Vergelegen after WA van der Stel (plus the start of biltong)

[winemag.co.za]

John

Bhutan Wine Company Plants the First Vineyards in the Kingdom of Bhutan
17 May 2019 18:12
LOS ANGELES, May 14, 2019 /PRNewswire/ -- The Bhutan Wine Company (BWC) made international news headlines when it planted the first vineyards in the Kingdom of Bhutan. After years of research, analysis and planning, the BWC worked with Sunridge Nurseries in California and governmental officials, local business leaders and other key stakeholders in Bhutan to identify and plant the first five vineyards in the country, widely believed to be the last completely untapped viable wine region in the world. The five initial vineyards were planted with nine international varieties: Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot, Syrah, Pinot Noir, Malbec, Cabernet Franc, Chardonnay, Sauvignon Blanc and Petit Manseng.

[www.prnewswire.com]

John

#wineforgood: South African Wine Industry Invests in Black-owned Wine Businesses
03 May 2019 14:43
The SA Wine Industry Transformation Unit has invested R1,5 million sending thirteen black-owned wine enterprises to ProWein, the world’s largest wine and spirits trade fair. The fair hosted more than 61 500 industry visitors and exhibitors across the supply chain from 142 countries from 17 to 19 March 2019 in Düsseldorf, Germany.

[news.wine.co.za]

John

SA Wine History: A Wine Even Better than Constantia
26 March 2019 18:34
In my last column, I had a look at some of the Cape’s best wines after Constantia. But did you know there was a wine regarded as (and I quote) ‘even better than the sweet Constantia that once gained world fame’?

[winemag.co.za]

John

Michael Malan, 3rd Generation Winemaker on Simonsig, Stellenbosch
02 July 2019 17:14
Michael joined the Simonsig team in 2017 after gaining experience in Italy, Australia and South Africa and was appointed red winemaker this year working under cellarmaster Debbie Thompson and his father, Johan, who is Simonsig’s Director of Wine.

[news.wine.co.za]

John

South Africa’s Top 100 most highly rated wines – 2019 Classification
10 January 2019 18:13
THE FOLLOWING are the most highly rated wines of the Cape over the past 10 years – those with the best track records involving numerous vintages in over 30 local and international forums for the assessment of wine quality and interest value between 2009 and 2018 (inclusive) as celebrated in the annual South African Wine & Cellar Classifications.

[news.wine.co.za]

John

SA Wine History: What were the best wines after Constantia?
12 March 2019 18:47
In my last column, which looked at Napoleon’s fondness for vin de Constance (Constantia wine), I referred to pioneering wine critic André Jullien’s encyclopaedic Topographie de Tous les Vignobles Connus (first published in 1816) which described the wines coming from Groot and Hoop op Constantia as ‘some of the best liqueur wines in the world’.

[winemag.co.za]

John

Articles; Cape Redux
28 January 2019 18:28
“It is highly unlikely that functioning farming enterprises will be confiscated… Farm invasions are extremely rare in South Africa. I do not recall one in the last couple of years.”

[www.timatkin.com]

John

Eben Sadie tops poll to be voted number one in South African winemaking industry.
12 November 2018 18:39
Jammer dat het oude wijn-prikbord is overleden. Ik heb daar een paar keer over Sadie geschreven. Artikelen heb ik helaas niet opgeslagen.

[imbibe.com]

John

Re: Eben Sadie tops poll to be voted number one in South African winemaking industry.
15 November 2018 11:48
Is het compleet uit de lucht?
Heb eerlijk gezegd al lang niet meer gekeken, dacht dat het “vooraltijd” bleef staan.
Re: Eben Sadie tops poll to be voted number one in South African winemaking industry.
15 November 2018 12:39
Ik heb het gezocht maar niet gevonden.

John

15 November 2018 13:01
Ik kan het ook niet vinden.
15 November 2018 22:24
Heb bijna op de stoep gestaan bij die man cool smiley
Sorry, alleen geregistreerde gebruikers mogen berichten plaatsen in dit forum.

Klik hier om in te loggen