Welkom! » Log in » Registreer een nieuw account

Colour, Temperature smell and quality of the wine, Balance of the wine.

Gepost door JohnCopier 
Anatomy of Flavor???
27 July 2022 12:36
Anatomy of Flavor???

The author clearly goes on a tangent here. Everyone knows what anatomy means, and it has nothing to do with the wine. And nevertheless, let’s take a look at some definitions and see if we can actually analyze the anatomy of flavor.

[talk-a-vino.com]

John

Life is always better when I wine.

Koken is meer dan een recept.
Ready or not, the wine cooler is ready for a comeback
16 August 2022 12:07
Ready or not, the wine cooler is ready for a comeback

“This is not your mom’s wine cooler, I can say that much!”

[www.salon.com]

John

Re: Ready or not, the wine cooler is ready for a comeback
17 August 2022 16:36
Tsja, nu het steeds warmer is is een wijnkoeler wel handig natuurlijk smiling bouncing smiley
Sniffing Out the Science of Smelling
27 September 2022 13:02
Sniffing Out the Science of Smelling

From the lab to the art gallery, the latest efforts to understand the fragrant, musky, stinky and utterly baffling world of your nose

[www.smithsonianmag.com]

John

Climate change and red wine aromas: focus on cooked fruit notes
22 November 2022 17:59
Climate change and red wine aromas: focus on cooked fruit notes

The intrinsic quality of a wine is strongly linked with its volatile compound composition: it is a matter of balance (aroma, taste, interaction) linked with it's geographical origin. Nowadays, it is well accepted that macroscopic effects of climate change can change the environmental conditions of grape growing on a global scale in all vineyards, world-wide. Increase in pH and alcohol levels imply the modification of ripening conditions as well as maturation level, but also modification of the aroma from fresh fruit at maturity to dried fruit.

[www.infowine.com]

John

What do we know about the kerosene/petrol aroma in Riesling wines?
22 November 2022 18:02
What do we know about the kerosene/petrol aroma in Riesling wines?

1,1,6-Trimethyl-1,2-dihydronaphthalene (TDN) is a controversial aroma component found in Riesling wines. It belongs to the family of C13-norisoprenoids and is mainly associated with kerosene/petrol notes. TDN can add complexity to the wine aroma at medium – low concentrations and deteriorate the wine bouquet when its content is high. No TDN aromas are usually perceived in young Riesling wines, but they can appear after several years of aging due to the gradual formation of TDN. Management of TDN in Riesling wines is an actual task, since global warming can promote formation of this compound and compromise the aromatic composition of wine. Therefore, the aim of the current work was, firstly, to study the sensory particularities of TDN in Riesling wine at various concentrations. Secondly, to investigate the ability of bottle closures to absorb (scalp) TDN from Riesling wine under various storage conditions. These studies also include the comparative assessment of our findings with previously published data.

[www.infowine.com]

John

Wine aromas, part 2—On olfaction, the discipline of identifying wine aromas
30 November 2022 18:17
Wine aromas, part 2—On olfaction, the discipline of identifying wine aromas

Continued from A definition of wine aromas

When I was a 21-year-old restaurant sommelier (45 years ago) I honed my craft like many others—through constant blind or double-blind tastings. Something I rarely do these days except in occasional professional wine judgings.

[www.lodiwine.com]

John

On Complexity
12 December 2022 18:08
On Complexity

A wine, like a short story, should have a beginning, a middle and an end. Nobody would disagree with that. But how many do? How many start, toddle along for a bit and then finish, all without very much happening?

[timatkin.com]

John

The Tasting Book
23 December 2022 13:08
The Tasting Book

My tasting book is finally “live.” If you're dangerously excited by that prospect and don't want to bother with all the descriptive text below, you can just go to the following link on Amazon and order a copy or two:

[www.timgaiser.com]

John

IF YOU CAN’T TASTE WINE FAULTS, CAN YOU TASTE WINE? PART 6: MLF + high Ph = FAULTS GALORE!
14 February 2023 14:42
IF YOU CAN’T TASTE WINE FAULTS, CAN YOU TASTE WINE? PART 6: MLF + high Ph = FAULTS GALORE!

I just spent a day in College Station in the most enjoyable way possible -- at a Texas A&M University course in “Wine Faults”. Almost everyone was either a winemaker or an academic taking a deep dive into the subject.

[www.thechalkreport.com]

John

Sorry, alleen geregistreerde gebruikers mogen berichten plaatsen in dit forum.

Klik hier om in te loggen