Welkom! » Log in » Registreer een nieuw account

Champagne, crémant, sekt, cava, prosecco.

Gepost door JohnCopier 
Producers of Prosecco Superiore vote to reduce production
14 July 2020 12:43
Producers of Prosecco Superiore vote to reduce production

Consorzio of Conegliano Valdobbiadene Prosecco DOCG this week approved a decision by its members to reduce the yields for the 2020 harvest to avoid over-supply.

[harpers.co.uk]

John

Life is always better when I wine.

Koken is meer dan een recept.
CHAMPAGNE HAS NOT YET SET YIELDS FOR 2020’S HARVEST – HERE’S WHY
01 August 2020 18:38
CHAMPAGNE HAS NOT YET SET YIELDS FOR 2020’S HARVEST – HERE’S WHY

Normally, by mid-July, Champagne would have released its yield limits for the upcoming harvest, but this year the region’s key actors can’t agree on the number, and here’s why.

[www.thedrinksbusiness.com]

John

REIMS OFFERS FREE CHAMPAGNE TO PROMOTE TOURISM
02 August 2020 18:56
REIMS OFFERS FREE CHAMPAGNE TO PROMOTE TOURISM

The Reims Tourism Office is giving away 3,000 bottles of Champagne to holidaymakers who stay for more than two nights in the region.

John

Champagne In Crisis Talks - Grapes Might Be Destroyed Due To Poor Sales
04 August 2020 17:42
Champagne In Crisis Talks - Grapes Might Be Destroyed Due To Poor Sales

Champagne producers have been hit hard by the pandemic–fewer people are able to celebrate occasions and come together in groups where champagne is traditionally drunk. A crisis meeting has been called for August 18th, where decisions will have to be made about whether to destroy excess grapes or sell them to make hand sanitizer–both of which would have been unthinkable one year ago.

Het zou zomaar kunnen dat dit nog nooit eerder is vertoond.

[www.forbes.com]

John

Re: Champagne In Crisis Talks - Grapes Might Be Destroyed Due To Poor Sales
04 August 2020 17:56
Champagne sales are plummeting as celebrations get canceled amid the pandemic

[www.businessinsider.com]

John

Sparkling wine crossword
11 September 2020 17:41
Sparkling wine crossword

How well do you know the different sparkling wines from across the wine world...?

[www.decanter.com]

John

Champagne Growers Help Cultivate The Grape Varieties Of The Future
17 September 2020 17:11
Champagne Growers Help Cultivate The Grape Varieties Of The Future

2020 delivered Champagne its earliest harvest start date on record. This is a monumental fact, particularly because this region has one of the most thoughtful approaches to harvest in France.

[www.forbes.com]

John

Re: Champagne Growers Help Cultivate The Grape Varieties Of The Future
21 September 2020 17:10
Harvest Finally Brings Good News for Champagne

After a year to forget for the Champenois, a stunning vintage goes some way towards making 2020 tolerable.

[www.wine-searcher.com]

John

4 Developments From Champagne, Heading Into What’s Typically Their Most Lucrative Season
22 September 2020 17:37
4 Developments From Champagne, Heading Into What’s Typically Their Most Lucrative Season

Maybe it’s the itch to put 2020 behind them.

Maybe it’s the desire to find something — anything — to celebrate, or to remind them of joyful, happy things.

Or maybe it’s the roller coaster ride of good news / bad news from Champagne so far this year that’s compelling consumer attention, whether that’s the earliest harvest on record or the drop in COVID-era sales or the particularly favorable conditions for the vintage.

[www.forbes.com]

John

Re: 4 Developments From Champagne, Heading Into What’s Typically Their Most Lucrative Season
23 September 2020 16:49
Champagne 2020 to make rare ‘trilogy’ of top vintages

Champagne's 2020 crop has been tipped to become the third top vintage in a row, offering some producers a degree of cheer amid a difficult time.

[www.decanter.com]

John

Crémant comes into its own
01 October 2020 17:05
Crémant comes into its own

There is no French wine category more ambitious and complex than crémant. It is a sparkling wine style which encompasses more diversity than any other European designation: your glass may contain a 100% Riesling sparkling wine, a 50/50 blend of Muscadelle and Sauvignon Blanc, a 100% Chenin Blanc version or a Champagne style.

[www.wine-business-international.com]

John

Italian Sparkling Wine Producer Focuses On Pinot Noir And Social Equality
06 October 2020 11:57
Italian Sparkling Wine Producer Focuses On Pinot Noir And Social Equality

Oltrepò Pavese is one of the most traditional wine zones in Italy which just happens to be located only a little over an hour outside of Milan - one of the most modern Italian cities, and this surprisingly unknown area in the northern Italian region of Lombardy has seemingly had viticulture existing there for at least 3,000 years. Although there are many native Italian grapes varieties in this area, it has become the Pinot Noir capital of Italy as it has devoted almost 10,000 acres to this noble variety which has existed there at least since the mid 1800s. In 1982, an important Italian family by the name of Moratti, led by patriarch Gian Marco Moratti who owned the largest oil refinery in Italy, bought the Castello di Cigognola estate in Oltrepò Pavese, built around the 11th century, to bring it back to its glory and carve out a place for Oltrepò Pavese as an Italian quality wine region. Although it is already a fascinating idea considering the aforementioned aspects of this project, what makes this enterprise special is that it is aiming to be the greatest Italian sparkling wine by building a foundation on social equality.

[www.forbes.com]

John

Le Clos Saint-Hilaire: a single hectare at the forefront of winegrowing
06 October 2020 17:02
Le Clos Saint-Hilaire: a single hectare at the forefront of winegrowing

Behind a patchwork of buildings in Mareuil-sur-Aÿ, a so-called ‘commune déléguée’ in the Vallée de la Marne, a single hectare of south-southeast facing Pinot Noir vines produce arguably one of the world’s most vinous and critically-acclaimed Champagnes. Le Clos Saint-Hilaire, its name lent from the local church of Église Saint-Hilaire, belongs to ‘super grower‘ Billecart-Salmon. Though the commune itself is classified premier cru, albeit amongst only two villages to have scored 99% in the Échelle des Crus classification framework, seventh-generation CEO, Mathieu Roland-Bilecart has his own views on the cru framework. Views which are certainly emboldened by this tiny parcel off the Boulevard du N. Having produced only five vintages since it’s first as a standalone bottling in 1995, you’d be forgiven for underestimating the extent to which this outwardly humble site continues to shape the houses persistent and determined evolution. Pointing toward the vineyards scattering of pumpkins and wool-laden residents, Mathieu describes the site as his research and development facility. Shortly after this years harvest, Mathieu and I wondered the site discussing in more detail its extended importance.

[wordonthegrapevine.co.uk]

John

Ruinart selon l'artiste David Shrigley
26 October 2020 18:05
Ruinart selon l'artiste David Shrigley

Après Alphonse Mucha, il y a 120 ans, Ruinart convie le Britannique à Reims. Pour sa carte blanche, il livre une interprétation singulière de la maison et de son terroir.

[www.lepoint.fr]

John

Glass of Bubbly Awards 2020 Results
30 October 2020 18:08
Glass of Bubbly Awards 2020 Results

The results are in from The World’s Finest Glass of Bubbly Awards 2020. We would like to thank every wine label that submitted their wines to be judged over two days the Champagne Route Bar in London. Each wine went through a detailed tasting to not only score it points for a medal, but also place it in a relevant category for the chance to win a trophy.

[glassofbubbly.com]

John

Rémy Cointreau makes a comeback in Champagne
30 October 2020 18:36
Rémy Cointreau makes a comeback in Champagne

This time for sure, Rémy Cointreau is back in Champagne, ten years after selling Charles and Piper Heidsieck. Negotiations have moved along swiftly and the group announced on Friday 16 October that it had bought a majority stake in the capital of J. de Telmont Champagne, founded in 1912 in Damery, near Epernay. The sale includes the brands, stocks, production facilities, real estate assets and around forty hectares of vines.

[www.vitisphere.com]

John

Rosé Prosecco gets green light for export, with producers selling out before wine was made
09 November 2020 18:27
Rosé Prosecco gets green light for export, with producers selling out before wine was made

Pink prosecco has been given the green light for export by the European Union, with producers wasting no time in shipping the Italian sparkler to overseas markets.

[app.vinex.market]

John

Le premier effet Biden ? Une ruée sur le champagne à Washington
09 November 2020 17:58
Le premier effet Biden ? Une ruée sur le champagne à Washington

L’annonce samedi de l’élection de Joe Biden à la présidence des Etats-Unis a provoqué une ruée sur les bouteilles de champagne à Washington et certains magasins étaient déjà proches de la rupture de stock dans la capitale américaine, un fief démocrate.

Ongelooflijk!!!

[france3-regions.blog.francetvinfo.fr]

John

Re: Le premier effet Biden ? Une ruée sur le champagne à Washington
09 November 2020 18:24
According To Drizly, Alcohol Sales Surged Election Night As Americans Filled Their Glasses

As results unfolded over election night (and the days following), most of the country was, well, reaching for a drink. Election watch parties may have been scrapped, but that doesn’t mean drinkers weren’t filling their glasses—according to alcohol e-commerce giant Drizly, sales jumped almost 58% (in comparison to an average of the last four Tuesdays).

[www.forbes.com]

John

09 November 2020 18:30
Election Day Is Turning Into A Drinking Holiday

Perhaps because Americans were pre-occupied with getting in their last digs at the enemies with slurs of “Fascist!” and “Communist!”, we didn’t hear this last election a refrain we normally hear from thoughtful citizens on Election Day: “Why is it held on a Tuesday and not a weekend?”

[fermentationwineblog.com]

John

10 November 2020 17:58
Victoire de Joe Biden : la joie d’Américains résidant à Bordeaux

C’est un heureux dénouement que souligne Jana Kravitz, Américaine bien connue du monde du vin et de Bordeaux. Pour cette New-Yorkaise, vivant en France depuis de nombreuses années, qui travaille dans le monde du vin, c’est un « ouf » de soulagement. Suzanne Mustacich journaliste américaine vivant aussi à Bordeaux se réjouit de son élection autant « populaire » pour l’Amérique, la France et l’Europe.

[france3-regions.blog.francetvinfo.fr]

John

POMMERY BEGINS ORGANIC CONVERSION
19 November 2020 18:16
POMMERY BEGINS ORGANIC CONVERSION

The Vranken-Pommery group will start converting its vineyards in Champagne to organic viticulture from the 2020 harvest.

John

CSWWC’s record year as it announces Gold & Silver medal winners
23 November 2020 17:57
CSWWC’s record year as it announces Gold & Silver medal winners

2020 will not go down as a year for anyone to be doing much celebrating, but it has not dampened the spirits of the Champagne and sparkling wine world with a record number of entries into this year’s Champagne & Sparkling Wine World Championships with producers from up to 30 countries competing for the event’s top awards. Today The Buyer reveals the winners of what are a total of 128 Gold and 237 Silver medal winners with the trophy results to be released next month.

[www.the-buyer.net]?

John

Champagne and oyster habit hitting your pocket? Now you can blame science
25 November 2020 18:01
Champagne and oyster habit hitting your pocket? Now you can blame science

The popular combination has an ‘umami synergy’ that we can’t resist, a Danish study has shown

[www.theguardian.com]

John

Singapore: Where “Champengwine” is not a misuse of geographical indication, but is still blocked by “Champagne”
25 November 2020 18:21
Singapore: Where “Champengwine” is not a misuse of geographical indication, but is still blocked by “Champagne”

This article looks at the recent decision by the Intellectual Property Office of Singapore (IPOS) in the Matter of a Trade Mark Application by Keep Waddling International Pte. Ltd. and Opposition Thereto By Comite Interprofessionnel Du Vin De Champagne and Institut National De L’origine Et De La Qualite [2020] SGIPOS 10.

De lange arm van Reims reikt ver.

[www.lexology.com]

John

PROCESSO DOC ROSÉ EXPECTED TO TOTAL 20M BOTTLES BY END OF 2020
30 November 2020 18:01
PROCESSO DOC ROSÉ EXPECTED TO TOTAL 20M BOTTLES BY END OF 2020

Prosecco DOC rosé was officially launched at an event last night as the region plans to fill 20 million bottles in its first year of production.

John

Charles Heidsieck Revives a Unique Champagne
08 December 2020 13:13
Charles Heidsieck Revives a Unique Champagne

Usually, Champagne houses release prestige cuvées with great fanfare, but this one is a little different.

[www.wine-searcher.com]

John

Re: Charles Heidsieck Revives a Unique Champagne
08 December 2020 13:16
Brut Sous Bois Q & A with Mathieu Roland-Billecart

No one needs a reason to drink Champagne but ringing out 2020 is certainly a good opportunity to reach for something beyond your sentimental favorite. In an effort to learn more about Billecart-Salmon’s Brut Sous Bois, I asked Mathieu Roland-Billecart for the inside scoop on this particular cuvée.

[deborahparkerwong.com]

John

BOTTEGA: WE NEED TO DECREASE PROSECCO PRODUCTION
14 December 2020 13:52
BOTTEGA: WE NEED TO DECREASE PROSECCO PRODUCTION

The amount of DOC Prosecco produced is “at its limit”, according to Sandro Bottega of leading label Bottega, who would like to see production decreased in the region.

John

Pop the bubbly? Spain's cava takes milder pandemic punch than expected
16 December 2020 18:15
Pop the bubbly? Spain's cava takes milder pandemic punch than expected

BARCELONA (Reuters) - With bars and restaurants shut for months in parts of Spain and tourism drying up due to the coronavirus pandemic, the country’s 1.2 billion-euro ($1.46 billion) cava wine sector had been expecting a devastating year.

[www.reuters.com]

John

Sorry, alleen geregistreerde gebruikers mogen berichten plaatsen in dit forum.

Klik hier om in te loggen