Welkom! » Log in » Registreer een nieuw account

Champagne, crémant, sekt, cava, prosecco.

Gepost door JohnCopier 
The Christmas I learned that prosecco is not a personality
16 December 2020 18:24
The Christmas I learned that prosecco is not a personality

I thought my friends bought me fizz because I was fun. In fact, it was because they barely knew me any more

[www.theguardian.com]

John

Life is always better when I wine.

Koken is meer dan een recept.
Frustrating Champagne labelling
16 December 2020 18:47
Frustrating Champagne labelling

As an enthusiastic Champagne drinker first, and wine professional second, I’m frustrated by the lack of information on Champagne bottles.

Especially with non-vintage (NV) Champagnes, which are normally blends of several vintages, I like to have some idea of the wine’s age, and preferably, the length of time it spent maturing on its lees.

[www.therealreview.com]

John

SEKT: THE CHEQUERED HISTORY
16 December 2020 18:49
SEKT: THE CHEQUERED HISTORY

For the longest time, Sekt was a dirty word. It stood for bottles of inexpensive, easy fizz with obnoxious plastic corks to be found on the street, next to the debris of spent fireworks, on New Year’s Day. Leftovers from high jinks and cheap thrills the night before. But that was then. Today, Sekt’s star is once again on the rise. We cannot even say that it is returning to its former glory because the story of German Sekt today is unprecedented and, quite literally, effervescent.

[trinkmag.com]

John

NATURAL WINES OF THE AUBE: TURNING CHAMPAGNE UPSIDE DOWN
12 January 2021 14:12
NATURAL WINES OF THE AUBE: TURNING CHAMPAGNE UPSIDE DOWN

Champagne is a region with a well defined and often strictly adhered-to identity. Its brand is luxury, built on the backs of large negociant houses making large amounts of very consistent sparkling wine in a region that is one of the world’s most challenging areas to grow ripe grapes. Champagne is famous for cold fronts, hail, and rain, causing mildew, rot, and many other vine diseases which are the enemy of the grape grower. Because of this most Champagne has historically been a blended wine - multi-varietal, multi-vintage, multi-vineyard - in order to achieve a reliable product year in and year out. While the obvious successes of these tactics may prove them a triumph to many, others yet criticize these practices for homogenizing a region of rich potential.

[grapecollective.com]

John

Champagne’s Latest Problem? Sheep Theft
12 January 2021 14:20
Champagne’s Latest Problem? Sheep Theft

It’s been a difficult year for the champagne industry for a number of reasons. Without anything to celebrate during Covid-19, sales of the bubbly plummeted by as much as 70%, leaving as many as 100 million unsold bottles in wine cellars.

[www.forbes.com]

John

CHAMPAGNE FILM FEATURING STEPHEN FRY TO LAUNCH AT CANNES
14 January 2021 13:48
CHAMPAGNE FILM FEATURING STEPHEN FRY TO LAUNCH AT CANNES

A film about Champagne featuring Stephen Fry, a range of high-profile figures from the French sparkling wine region, and UK wine writers is to launch at Cannes in the summer.

[www.thedrinksbusiness.com]

John

Een nieuw kwaliteitslabel voor VDP-Sekt
20 January 2021 18:11
Een nieuw kwaliteitslabel voor VDP-Sekt

Ruim twee jaar geleden maakte VDP.Die Prädikatsweinguter voor het eerst een eigen regelgeving over Sekt bekend. De details kan u lezen in dit artikel, maar in essentie kwam het erop neer dat leden van VDP voor het produceren van schuimwijn moesten uitgaan van de VDP-herkomstpiramide. Overeenkomstig met de classificatie voor stille wijnen -VDP.Gutswein, VDP.Ortswein, VDP.Erste Lage en VDP.Grosse Lage – zou schuimwijn dan VDP.Gutssekt, VDP.Ortssekt, VDP.ERSTE LAGE® Sekt en VDP.GROSSE LAGE® Sekt worden.
Klassieke flesfermentatie voor de tweede gisting (méthode traditionnelle) was verplicht, en VDP.Gutssekt en VDP.Ortssekt moesten tenminste 15 maanden op de droesem (“sur lattes”) rijpen, VDP.Lagensekt en alle jaargangwijnen (“millésimé“) minstens 36 maanden.

[vriendenvanderiesling.wordpress.com]

John

FILM TO HIGHLIGHT FEMALE ENTREPRENEURSHIP IN CHAMPAGNE
25 January 2021 18:39
FILM TO HIGHLIGHT FEMALE ENTREPRENEURSHIP IN CHAMPAGNE

A film due for launch at Cannes this year will shine a spotlight on the influence of “great female entrepreneurs” on the development of Champagne over the centuries.

John

History of the Champagne vineyards revealed
29 January 2021 18:25
History of the Champagne vineyards revealed

Although the reputation of Champagne is well established, the history of Champagne wines and vineyards is poorly documented. However, a research team led by scientists from the CNRS and the Université de Montpellier at the Institut des sciences de l'évolution de Montpellier has just lifted the veil on this history by analyzing the archaeological grape seeds from excavations carried out in Troyes and Reims.

[phys.org]

John

La vigne en Champagne de Tibère à Jeanne d’Arc
10 February 2021 18:33
La vigne en Champagne de Tibère à Jeanne d’Arc

Une étude menée par des chercheurs de Montpellier sur des pépins de raisin permet de mieux comprendre l’histoire des cépages champenois.

[www.lepoint.fr]#

John

Fizz in the Family: Female-Run Champagne Houses
16 February 2021 18:31
Fizz in the Family: Female-Run Champagne Houses

There’s a long tradition of women in Champagne. Or at least, there’s a long tradition of widows in Champagne who have taken over after their husbands or sons died. Barbe-Nicole Ponsardin Clicquot, Louise Pommery, Lily Bollinger are three of the most famous examples.

[www.winemag.com]

John

Famous Leaders Wine Quotes
24 February 2021 19:53
Famous Leaders Wine Quotes

Sparkling Wine is something that has no barriers, it can heal friendships, create new ones, it brings people together even though you might be able to understand each other, just like a melody or art, wine is something anyone can understand.

A lot of people have made some unique and interesting quotes throughout history about wine, here are some made by some names you might just recognize.

[glassofbubbly.com]

John

Ferrari sparkling wine becomes official toast of Formula 1 racing
02 March 2021 18:09
Ferrari sparkling wine becomes official toast of Formula 1 racing

Italian fizz Ferrari Trento has been named the Official Sparkling Wine of Formula 1 motor racing, it was announced today before the start of the 2021 FIA Formula 1 World Championship in Bahrain.

John

Re: Ferrari sparkling wine becomes official toast of Formula 1 racing
02 March 2021 18:12
Ferrari Trento Named Official Toast of Formula 1®

The FIA Formula 1® World Championship welcomes Italy’s premium sparkling wine to the podium

[glassofbubbly.com]

John

PINK PROSECCO WILL ‘BREATHE LIFE’ INTO THE SPARKLING WINE CATEGORY
02 March 2021 18:35
PINK PROSECCO WILL ‘BREATHE LIFE’ INTO THE SPARKLING WINE CATEGORY

The dawn of Prosecco DOC Rosé finally came in 2020 after years of lobbying by the industry, and while it’s only been on UK shelves for a matter of months, it’s already making its mark on the sparkling category.

John

Champagne: the art of blending
08 March 2021 18:32
Champagne: the art of blending

Perrier-Jouët’s chef de cave Séverine Frerson gives us an insight into this complicated process, including what qualities they're looking for when tasting 400 wine samples...

[www.decanter.com]

John

It took a woman from the French Antilles to shake up champagne making in France
12 March 2021 18:11
It took a woman from the French Antilles to shake up champagne making in France

Since Marie-Inès Romelle entered France's traditionally 'white' world of champagne producers, her champagne with a tropical twist has been attracting new clients, much to the dismay of many conservatives.

[www.rfi.fr]

John

CHURCHILL AND CHAMPAGNE POL ROGER: CHARTING AN EXTRAORDINARY CONNECTION
16 March 2021 18:24
CHURCHILL AND CHAMPAGNE POL ROGER: CHARTING AN EXTRAORDINARY CONNECTION

As Pol Roger unveils the latest vintage release of its Cuvée Sir Winston Churchill, we look back at the strong bond between the Champagne house and the British statesman.

John

Larmandier-Bernier : Guide et cuvées de Champagne
22 March 2021 13:07
Larmandier-Bernier : Guide et cuvées de Champagne

Le vignoble de la famille Larmandier, existe depuis la révolution française. À partir de 1846, Louis Larmandier produit des vins de champagne dans la Côte Blanche ; le champagne et le Cramant Nature étaient déjà connus au début du 20ème siècle.

[www.comptoirdesmillesimes.com]

HISTORIQUE DU DOMAINE : ”C’est en brisant les règles que naît le champagne ”.

John

France's champagne capital wants to experiment with the legal sale of cannabis
24 March 2021 18:11
France's champagne capital wants to experiment with the legal sale of cannabis

The mayor of Reims tells RFI why he would like France's champagne capital to experiment with the legal sale of cannabis in the country

[www.rfi.fr]

John

CHAMPAGNE PALMER BRINGS WINEMAKING TRANSPARENCY WITH ID CODES
25 March 2021 18:08
CHAMPAGNE PALMER BRINGS WINEMAKING TRANSPARENCY WITH ID CODES

Champagne Palmer & Co has added a bottle ID to its back labels allowing consumers to find out information on disgorgement dates and other winemaking facts via its website.

John

Still wines from Champagne – fizz’s final frontier
02 April 2021 17:09
Still wines from Champagne – fizz’s final frontier

Charles Heidsieck cellar master Cyril Brun is giving a masterclass to a room full of Champagne enthusiasts. But there’s a problem – he can’t open the bottles. It’s not a problem you would imagine would befall an experienced chef de cave, but Brun has forgotten to bring with him a tool that is increasingly integral in his metier – a corkscrew.

[cluboenologique.com]

John

Organic viticulture ‘almost impossible’ in Champagne
06 April 2021 17:38
Organic viticulture ‘almost impossible’ in Champagne

While Perrier-Jouët’s brand ambassador, Jonny Simms, says going organic would be “nirvana”, he believes practicing organic viticulture in the region is “almost impossible”.

John

Re: Organic viticulture ‘almost impossible’ in Champagne
06 April 2021 17:40
Bordeaux converting to organic on a massive scale

Although no precise figures are as yet available, the wave of conversions to organic in the vineyards of Bordeaux is undoubtedly growing: “People are talking about 300 conversions to organic this year”, says Patrick Vasseur, vice-president of the Gironde Chamber of Agriculture. It's quite simple, “everyone is switching over” sums up winegrower Philippe Carrille, whose 23-hectare Château Poupille in Castillon Côte de Bordeaux has been certified since 2008.

[www.vitisphere.com]

John

The German Sekt
06 April 2021 17:43
The German Sekt

Over many decades Sekt was nothing more than a bland sparkling wine produced with imported base wines. It took visionaries and enthusiasts to bring German Sekt on par with the best sparkling wines in the world.

[glassofbubbly.com]

John

Ruinart dedicates historic vineyard to biodiversity project
08 April 2021 13:27
Ruinart dedicates historic vineyard to biodiversity project

LVMH brand Champagne Ruinart is furthering its commitment to nurturing biodiversity in the Champagne region by switching over its 40ha historic Taissy vineyard to a biodiversity pilot project in tandem with Reforest’Action.

[harpers.co.uk]

John

Coteaux Champenois, Champagne’s new wave
08 April 2021 13:41
Coteaux Champenois, Champagne’s new wave

Why all the renewed interest in Champagne still wines? For those in the front line – both the winegrowers and the houses – the uptick for Coteaux Champenois is anything but trivial. Earlier harvests and riper fruit aromatics are creating ideal conditions for making still wines. The acidity, a hallmark of Champagne wines, is still there and whilst it needs to be reined in, it mustn’t be completely erased. It follows the patterns of weather hazards and is a happy medium that has to be found and one which the “new generation” of winegrowers are buying into.

[www.vitisphere.com]

John

This Is Why You Should Never Serve Prosecco in a Champagne Flute
11 April 2021 13:22
This Is Why You Should Never Serve Prosecco in a Champagne Flute

There’s a time and a place for a Champagne flute, and there’s a million more for a Prosecco glass.

Any time beyond New Years Eve or homebound Grammy-watching parties, a Champagne flute can seem a little out of place. Even when making traditional mimosas at home, a flute can come in handy when you’re working with Champagne — but what about Prosecco?

The cold, hard truth is that Prosecco deserves its own glass. Enter one of VinePair’s favorite options, the Spiegelau Prosecco Glass. Unlike a traditional flute, a Prosecco glass is made with a rounder base and body to enhance the texture and aromas in this famous sparkling wine.

[vinepair.com]

John

Champagne and Burgundy lead fine wine ‘boom’
12 April 2021 17:22
Champagne and Burgundy lead fine wine ‘boom’

It’s “boom times” for fine wine according to Liv-ex, with Champagne and Burgundy leading a surge in trading, while the market broadens, helped by new technology.

John

As Far Back As The Early 1800s This Visionary Female Entrepreneur Transformed The Champagne Industry
13 April 2021 17:24
As Far Back As The Early 1800s This Visionary Female Entrepreneur Transformed The Champagne Industry

In 1805 French women, like many women around the world, didn’t have the right to vote. She couldn’t gain admittance to colleges or universities or even secondary schools. Nor could she open a bank account in her own name.

[www.forbes.com]

John

Sorry, alleen geregistreerde gebruikers mogen berichten plaatsen in dit forum.

Klik hier om in te loggen