Welkom! » Log in » Registreer een nieuw account

Champagne, crémant, sekt, cava, prosecco.

Gepost door JohnCopier 
Schweizer Dorf Champagne darf seinen Namen nicht für Weine nutzen
19 April 2021 17:04
Schweizer Dorf Champagne darf seinen Namen nicht für Weine nutzen

„Gemeinde Champagne“ darf künftig nicht mehr auf den Weinen stehen, die das gleichnamige Schweizer Dorf dort produziert. Das hat ein Schweizer Gericht entschieden.

[www.faz.net]

John

Life is always better when I wine.

Koken is meer dan een recept.
Re: Schweizer Dorf Champagne darf seinen Namen nicht für Weine nutzen
19 April 2021 17:28
Swiss Village Champagne Loses Another Fight To Get Name On Wine

The tiny Swiss village of Champagne has lost another fight to get its name on the wine it produces, according to a report on Saturday, the latest blow in a long-running legal battle with France over the name.

[www.barrons.com]

John

Krug builds a showcase in Ambonnay
20 April 2021 17:16
Krug builds a showcase in Ambonnay

Krug (MHCS group) has just unveiled plans to build a new production site in Clos d'Ambonnay, next to a 0.68-hectare vineyard. Named ‘Joseph 2.0’, as a tribute to Joseph Krug, the company’s founder in 1843, the plans involve creating two twin buildings. The total footprint, spread over three floors, will cover 9,400 m2. “All production activities, from pressing through to bottling, will be carried out in these facilities”, explains Julie Cavil, Krug's head cellar master. “The bottles will then be transported to the Reims facilities for maturation, disgorging and packaging”.

[www.vitisphere.com]

John

How Louis Roederer has changed the style of Cristal 2013
26 April 2021 12:36
How Louis Roederer has changed the style of Cristal 2013

Jean-Baptiste Lécaillon, Louis Roederer’s chef de cave, confesses to being more laid back these days – less obsessed with House style and letting the vintage and the grapes dictate the course of the winemaking more. Only the second vintage of Cristal to be made since transitioning fully to biodynamic farming, the Louis Roederer Cristal 2013 displays a number of changes in direction for the House – and there are more major changes in the pipeline. Peter Dean had an audience with Lécaillon at the UK launch of Cristal 2013, with Cristal 2008 constantly used as a reference point – the vintage he had previously declared was the best ever…

[www.the-buyer.net]

John

Breaking new ground in Champagne and England
27 April 2021 17:37
Breaking new ground in Champagne and England

Ever-warmer summers keep delivering more and more wines that would have been unthinkable two or three decades ago when the grapes would simply not have been ripe and healthy enough: Norwegian Riesling, Nova Scotia fizz, Belgian Chardonnay to rival Puligny-Montrachet, and really serious still wines from regions previously associated with sparkling wine.

[www.jancisrobinson.com]

John

Growth for the Union Champagne
11 May 2021 17:43
Growth for the Union Champagne

The Coopérative Vinicole de Grauves joins the Union Champagne.

[www.wine-business-international.com]

John

Pink Prosecco shortage predicted this year
14 May 2021 17:18
Pink Prosecco shortage predicted this year

With pink Prosecco proving an unprecedented success, producers are predicting a rosé Prosecco shortage this year, due to a lack of availability of eligible Pinot Noir grapes

Zo'n bericht is altijd goed voor de verkoop!

[www.thedrinksbusiness.com]

John

Champagne Tries to Fix Its Problems The beleaguered bubbly industry turns to the Hamptons to regain its sparkle.
19 May 2021 17:08
Champagne Tries to Fix Its Problems The beleaguered bubbly industry turns to the Hamptons to regain its sparkle.

Turn off Route 27 in Southampton and head toward Main Street on Memorial Day weekend, and you may be temporarily blinded by the display of bright-orange umbrellas. That would be the front yard of year-old Union Sushi and Steak, which owner Ian Duke is decorating extensively with the iconic trademark of Veuve Clicquot Champagne.

[www.grubstreet.com]

John

Champagne Prepares Two More Standout Vintages
01 June 2021 17:25
Champagne Prepares Two More Standout Vintages

What could be better than another brilliant Champagne vintage? How about two of them?

[www.wine-searcher.com]

John

One of the World’s Most Important Collections of Champagne Could Fetch $10 Million at Auction
08 June 2021 17:03
One of the World’s Most Important Collections of Champagne Could Fetch $10 Million at Auction

The sale features over 900 lots, including Moet & Chandon that dates back to 1911.

[robbreport.com]

John

Italian consortium successfully opposes BROSECCO wine mark on the grounds of Prosecco PDO
12 June 2021 11:17
Italian consortium successfully opposes BROSECCO wine mark on the grounds of Prosecco PDO

Co-published

The Consortium for the Protection of the Controlled Designation of Origin Prosecco has successfully filed an opposition against the UK registration BROSECCO in stylised form for wines, British sparkling wines and sparkling wines in Class 33.

[www.worldtrademarkreview.com]

John

Bubbling over: Champagne’s new experimental mood
15 June 2021 17:22
Bubbling over: Champagne’s new experimental mood

Ever since Dom Pérignon perfected the art of blending in the 17th century, the Champagne region has strived for consistency. By blending across grape varieties, terroirs and vintages, the Champenois have sought to iron out variation and create house styles that are seamless from year to year. Impressive and immaculate – if a touch unimaginative.

More recently, though, a more experimental mood has taken hold. Inspired by the trailblazing grower movement and egged on by increasingly inquisitive consumers, houses big and small are now releasing limited-edition cuvées that are more unorthodox: amplifying the unique characteristics of different varieties, vintages and terroirs; exploring ancient ageing techniques and cutting-edge viticulture; and setting out to challenge both palate and intellect. All of them reveal the region in a whole new light.

[cluboenologique.com]

John

Shake-up of Cava DO rules to come into force in January
16 June 2021 17:36
Shake-up of Cava DO rules to come into force in January

New rules for Cava that highlight the region the wine was made in and introduce new premium tiers of aged wines are set to come into force from January, following the official certification of its new zoning and segmentation rules.

John

Champagne Is Over the Flute…But Why?
30 June 2021 17:24
Champagne Is Over the Flute…But Why?

Order a glass of Champagne (or sparkling wine from anywhere else) these days and you will probably notice that the elongated, bubble-accentuating flute has been swapped for a larger, wider-mouthed white wine glass. Long a totem of parties and good times, the flute is on the outs. But why?

[punchdrink.com]

John

In focus: The rise of still wines from Champagne
30 June 2021 17:14
In focus: The rise of still wines from Champagne

While production in Champagne remains firmly focused on high-quality sparkling wine, there are notable ripples of activity on the still wine front, finds Richard Woodard.

John

The search for high-quality Cava begins in Penedès
30 June 2021 17:19
The search for high-quality Cava begins in Penedès

As sparkling wines continue to grow in sales in the U.S., wine drinkers are looking for alternatives to Champagne, but what about higher end imports from Spain? More specifically, is high quality Cava an oxymoron?

[www.palatepress.com]

John

Review: “Sparkling – The Story of Champagne”
01 July 2021 17:07
Review: “Sparkling – The Story of Champagne”

Director Frank Mannion gets access to the Champagne region’s most famous houses in his documentary “Sparkling”. But rather than deliver fresh insight, this “love letter” to the celebrated drink falls flat, says Guy Woodward

[cluboenologique.com]

John

Still Life in Coteaux Champenois
06 July 2021 17:25
Still Life in Coteaux Champenois

Champagne is synonymous with sparkling wine, but there is also a growing number of producers taking still wines seriously.

[www.wine-searcher.com]

John

Strong growth for Asolo Prosecco DOCG
09 July 2021 17:17
Strong growth for Asolo Prosecco DOCG

Asolo Prosecco DOCG meets growing demand.

[www.wine-business-international.com]

John

Re: Strong growth for Asolo Prosecco DOCG
09 July 2021 17:20
Prosecco wars: Italy protests Croatia’s bid for special status for its prošek wine

Italy is for a second time fighting to block Croatia’s attempts to get EU recognition for its dessert wine, describing the move as "an attack on Made in Italy".

[www.thelocal.it]

John

Champagnes rosés
13 July 2021 17:24
Champagnes rosés

Si la tendance de consommation des vins rosés ne se dément pas, celle des champagnes de la même couleur connait une dynamique identique et les maisons de champagne suivent ce créneau porteur. Bien que rares, les quantités produites ont tendance à augmenter et certaines maisons, qui ne produisaient pas de champagne rosé il y a encore quelques années, commencent à s’y mettre.

[www.anthocyanes.fr]

John

Massive Change Proposed for Champagne
20 July 2021 11:58
Massive Change Proposed for Champagne

One of the most radical shake-ups of Champagne's viticulture is being discussed, we can exclusively reveal.

[www.wine-searcher.com]

John

Russian law on bubbly no cause to pop open the 'shampanskoye', says Abrau-Durso
06 July 2021 17:03
Russian law on bubbly no cause to pop open the 'shampanskoye', says Abrau-Durso

MOSCOW (Reuters) - Russian winemaker Abrau-Durso said a new law requiring bottles of French champagne and other foreign fizz to have a reference to “sparkling wine” on the bottle would do little to spur on sales of Russia’s “shampanskoye”.

[www.reuters.com]

John

Re: Russian law on bubbly no cause to pop open the 'shampanskoye', says Abrau-Durso
06 July 2021 17:05
French champagne industry group fumes over new Russian law

PARIS/MOSCOW, July 5 (Reuters) - France's champagne industry group on Monday blasted a new Russian law that forces foreign producers to add a "sparkling wine" reference to their bottles of champagne, and called for the halting of exports of the bubbly drink to Russia.

[www.reuters.com]

John

Re: Russian law on bubbly no cause to pop open the 'shampanskoye', says Abrau-Durso
06 July 2021 17:28
La Russie ne veut plus du « champagne » français

Si les producteurs français veulent continuer d’exporter leurs champagnes, ils devront étiqueter leurs bouteilles « vin à bulles », rapporte « Le Monde ».

[www.lepoint.fr]

John

06 July 2021 17:36
Fransen stappen mogelijk naar WTO om champagnerel met Rusland

PARIJS (ANP/RTR) - De Franse regering daagt Rusland mogelijk voor Wereldhandelsorganisatie WTO in de rel over champagne. Moskou dwingt Franse champagneproducenten om de term 'mousserende wijn' op de etiketten toe te voegen. Dat geldt dan voor flessen die in Rusland worden verkocht. Russische producenten van de lokale versie van champagne, 'shampanskoye' hoeven dat niet te doen.

[www.msn.com]

John

07 July 2021 07:43
Gaan we in de EU toch wat meer drinken?
En zaken doen met de Russen vele tandjes afschakelen.
De Russische economie is net zo groot (of klein) als die van de Benelux lees ik altijd dus minder zaken doen met Rusland kan geen probleem zijn.
07 July 2021 17:07
Putin anti-champagne law sparks controversy

A new law in Russia ordering French champagne to be labelled sparkling wine has caused unrest among producers.

[drinksint.com]

John

09 July 2021 17:24
Russia to France’s Champagne region: Sorry to burst your bubble, but here, you’re just ‘sparkling wine’

MOSCOW — Russia's appreciation of French champagne spans two centuries — back to when a czar once declared he'd drink nothing but Madame Clicquot's 1811 vintage from France's famed Champagne vineyards.

[www.washingtonpost.com]

John

09 July 2021 17:30
Russia Labeling Law Cuts Off Imports of Dom Perignon and Krug

Moet Hennessy halted shipments of Champagnes such as Dom Perignon to Russia over new rules that now reserve the name for bubbly wines produced locally.

[www.bloomberg.com]

John

Sorry, alleen geregistreerde gebruikers mogen berichten plaatsen in dit forum.

Klik hier om in te loggen