Welkom! » Log in » Registreer een nieuw account

Champagne, crémant, sekt, cava, prosecco.

Gepost door JohnCopier 
Wine Enthusiast Podcast: The Grandes Dames of Champagne
18 March 2022 18:02
Wine Enthusiast Podcast: The Grandes Dames of Champagne

Although plenty of old-world wine regions have patriarchal systems, many female leaders created and sustained some of the most prominent Champagne houses.

[www.winemag.com]

John

Life is always better when I wine.

Koken is meer dan een recept.
Rare Champagne's Régis Camus Bids Adieu, His Legacy Secure
22 March 2022 18:22
Rare Champagne's Régis Camus Bids Adieu, His Legacy Secure

The longtime cellar master at Charles and Piper-Heidsieck is retiring after nearly three decades of classic-quality sparkling wine production

[www.winespectator.com]

John

What Happened To Champagne During World War 2
22 March 2022 18:34
What Happened To Champagne During World War 2

The date is September 1st, 1939 and the unthinkable happens, 21 years after The Great War (WWI), Germany has just invaded Poland, everyone knows what is about to happen, but despite what will become inevitable, England gives Germany a chance to withdraw from Poland. On September 3rd, 1939, 15 minutes after the deadline for Germany to withdraw from Poland, at 11:15 am on Radio, Prime Minister Neville Chamberlain went on air and spoke to the nation.

[glassofbubbly.com]

John

All Change at Champagne Henriot
19 April 2022 17:19
All Change at Champagne Henriot

Henriot has been quietly producing excellent wines for more than 200 years, but it moves with the times.

[www.wine-searcher.com]

John

Champagne bubbles: the science
27 April 2022 17:05
Champagne bubbles: the science

As you uncork that bottle and raise your glass, take time to toast physics and chemistry along with the New Year

In a lab in the heart of France’s wine country, a group of researchers carefully positions an ultra-high-speed camera. Like many good scientists, they are devoted to the practice of unpicking the universe’s secrets, seeking to describe the material world in the language of mathematics, physics and chemistry. The object of their study: the bubbles in champagne.

[besthightechstore.com]

John

'Crazy Frenchman's' sparkling legacy
28 April 2022 12:59
'Crazy Frenchman's' sparkling legacy

Column: Way back in the early 1980s my work required me to regularly travel to Marlborough and I remember keeping an eye on a massive hole being dug in the hillside on the entrance to the Renwick township.

[www.stuff.co.nz]

John

Languedoc Roussillon Adopts Champagne Approach
10 May 2022 17:49
Languedoc Roussillon Adopts Champagne Approach

Following the disastrous frosts of 2021, and increasingly variable crops, producers of IGP Pays d’Oc wines are looking to introduce Champagne-style reserves to enable them to offer regular supplies.

[www.wine-business-international.com]

John

Champagne Vintage an Unlikely Classic
26 May 2022 13:15
Champagne Vintage an Unlikely Classic

The 2021 growing season in Champagne was as tough as any, but there was a twist in the tale.

[www.wine-searcher.com]

John

How Champagne’s Problems Could Benefit Other Sparkling Wine Categories
01 June 2022 17:15
How Champagne’s Problems Could Benefit Other Sparkling Wine Categories

2020 was Champagne’s worst year since World War II, with sales dropping during the pandemic (when excuses to celebrate were at an all-time low). In 2021, Champagne was hit hard again — this time due to substantial rain, severe frost, and mildew. This unfortunate trio of weather patterns eventually caused problems leading up to harvest, with low yields forcing many Champagne houses to release their reserve bottlings or in some cases, not produce any Champagne at all from their 2021 harvests. Although Champagne sales have rebounded exponentially in 2022, climate change is still a major factor in the region — which means concerns of spring frost and hail similar to 2021 are top of mind for producers of the French sparkling wine.

[vinepair.com]

John

Nyetimber boss Eric Heerema is toasting the Jubilee with his English sparkling wine and says: 'We're beating the French at their own game'

Transforming 'cottage industry run by willing amateurs' that Eric Heerema bought in 2006 into an international rival to French Champagne has always been a slow burn.

[www.thisismoney.co.uk]

John

Aliplast Helps France’s Wine and Champagne Industries Become Sustainable
17 June 2022 17:16
Aliplast Helps France’s Wine and Champagne Industries Become Sustainable

Aliplast, a Hera group company, that specializes in plastic recovery and recycling, offers a specific service portfolio to the champagne and wine markets in France.

[www.packworld.com]

John

Champagne Stash Discovered in World War I Shipwreck Remains Out of Reach … for Now
21 June 2022 17:21
Champagne Stash Discovered in World War I Shipwreck Remains Out of Reach … for Now

A U.K.-based team is working to save bottles of Champagne, brandy and more in the wreckage of the S.S. Libourne, sunk by a German U-boat in 1918

[www.winespectator.com]

John

Cava Bubbles Up
30 June 2022 17:36
Cava Bubbles Up

Spain's signature sparkling wine has been overshadowed by Champagne and Prosecco, but that’s changing

[www.winespectator.com]

John

Craft cider producers in England demand same protection as champagne producers
05 August 2022 12:14
Craft cider producers in England demand same protection as champagne producers

Craft cider producers allege water and sugar-based supermarket brands of the tipple are giving cider a bad reputation

[www.proactiveinvestors.co.uk]

John

Ruinart commits to sustainability & biodiversity at BdB 2010 launch
08 August 2022 17:11
Ruinart commits to sustainability & biodiversity at BdB 2010 launch

Ruinart used the launch of its new hotly-anticipated Ruinart 2010 Blanc de Blancs to re-emphasise its commitment to sustainability and biodiversity from its far-reaching vitiforestry project at its historic Tassy vineyards to its position on prestige packaging. Sarah McCleery travelled to Reims to meet the team, see first-hand many of its projects and to taste the new prestige cuvée.

[www.the-buyer.net]

John

Harvesting starts in Champagne
27 August 2022 12:48
Harvesting starts in Champagne

The harvest has begun in Champagne with the region expecting “an excellent yield” following last year’s difficult vintage.

[www.thedrinksbusiness.com]

John

France to make twice as much Champagne this year, more wine
10 September 2022 08:21
France to make twice as much Champagne this year, more wine

PARIS (Reuters) -Champagne production in France is expected to almost double this year, with overall wine production up 16% compared with frost-ravaged 2021 output, although drought and heatwaves have curbed prospects in some regions, the farm ministry said on Wednesday.

[www.reuters.com]

John

How Champagne Growers Are Trying To Reduce Carbon Emissions
27 September 2022 12:57
How Champagne Growers Are Trying To Reduce Carbon Emissions

To say the production of Champagne is heavily regulated is an understatement. The trade association Comité Champagne explains that not only are grape varieties regulated (there are seven permissible types), but the timing of planting is limited (authorities must be notified, and planting must be complete by late May or late July if vines are started in pots). Regulations exist to serve several functions, among them maintaining quality in the region's wines and protecting and preserving the land on which grapes for your favorite sparkling wine are grown.

[www.tastingtable.com]

John

Mumm announces its collaboration with Axiom Space: Mumm Cordon Rouge Stellar champagne, a symbol of our culture, will embark on future human space flights

PARIS, Sept. 22, 2022 /PRNewswire/ -- Maison Mumm revealed the final design of Mumm Cordon Rouge Stellar, the first champagne bottle and tasting experience designed for space travel and human spaceflight. In a historic collaboration with Axiom Space, a leader in commercial human spaceflight, Mumm Cordon Rouge Stellar will join Axiom's human spaceflight program and fly on future space missions.

[www.prnewswire.com]

John

Is Champagne’s secondary market boom set to falter?
08 October 2022 09:51
Is Champagne’s secondary market boom set to falter?

As Champagne feels the “white heat” of a secondary market boom, could growth begin to slow as the category’s traditional strengths are eroded? A new report from Liv-ex – while affirming Champagne’s continuing success – warns that “a whiff of caution” is in the air.

John

Sparkling wine and a “spade of inspiration”
09 October 2022 12:51
Sparkling wine and a “spade of inspiration”

We like to report on rulings of the South African Advertising Regulatory Board (“ARB”) that are IP-related. Clause 8 of section II of the ARB’s Code of Advertising Practice deals with the issue of the exploitation of another party’s “advertising goodwill”, whereas clause 9 of section II deals with imitation. The trade mark issue of a likelihood of consumer confusion naturally comes up in enquiries of this sort.

[www.mondaq.com]

John

Son Charged Over Winemaker Killing
09 October 2022 13:09
Son Charged Over Winemaker Killing

A tragedy in Champagne dominates our news round-up this week, but there's also a cautionary tale about sacramental wine.

[www.wine-searcher.com]

John

Could English sparkling wine ever dethrone Champagne? British grapes are overtaking French rivals thanks to warmer climates, with Kent as the prime spot for harvest and sunshine

Britain has created an unprecedented demand and reputation for its sparkling wine, thanks to longer summers and warmer climates as the world continues to heat up
French wineries are taking note with Hatch Mansfield already in partnership with Champagne Taittinger by planting the house’s first vineyard on English soil

[www.scmp.com]

John

Crémant, no-alcohol wine and international ambitions: Les Grands Chais de France’s Mark Kears on the wine group’s plans

GCF’s range stretches from the classic French regions of Bordeaux and Burgundy to blockbuster brands like Calvet, to pet-nat and orange wine.

[www.just-drinks.com]

John

STILL WINE NEEDS TO LOOK TO THE SUCCESS OF SPARKLING WINE IN NORWAY
02 November 2022 13:48
STILL WINE NEEDS TO LOOK TO THE SUCCESS OF SPARKLING WINE IN NORWAY

Covid border restrictions in Norway triggered a surge in domestic wine sales as drinkers were unable to access the border shops in neighbouring Sweden or travel retail outlets and had to source their wine domestically. Monopoly sales of still wine increased by more than 40% between 2020 and 2021. Already in 2022, as footfall to the border increases, sales in Vinmonopolet are correcting themselves, but the still wine category will likely hold onto some volume.

[www.wineintelligence.com]

John

Champagne experiments to keep the freshness alive
10 November 2022 12:56
Champagne experiments to keep the freshness alive

As climatic conditions in Champagne continue to evolve, the region’s winemakers are pursuing a number of techniques to preserve freshness, including earlier picking, restricting malolactic fermentation and adjusting dosage levels.

John

Does champagne or beer make more bubbles? Science explains why you explode by the second
19 November 2022 13:11
Does champagne or beer make more bubbles? Science explains why you explode by the second

If we asked you to think of a drink that makes bubbles, you’d immediately think of champagne, right? If so, you didn’t know that beer produces twice as many bubbles as a glass of “light blond”: it produces the first 2 million bubbles Half a liter, the second emits “only” a million.

[hardwoodparoxysm.com]

John

Activ’Inside targets hyperpigmentation with Champagne grape nutricosmetic
19 November 2022 13:19
Activ’Inside targets hyperpigmentation with Champagne grape nutricosmetic

French food-tech company Activ’Inside has introduced Belight3, its latest Champagne-grape-derived nutricosmetic, inspired in Asia and formulated to reduce melanin skin spots.

[www.nutraingredients-usa.com]

John

The Jewel In The Crown
03 January 2023 14:07
The Jewel In The Crown

In this excerpt from On Champagne: A tapestry of tales to celebrate the greatest sparkling wine of all…, Fiona Morrison MW falls in love with the Vieilles Vignes Françaises, Champagne’s most mysterious wine, which hails from a tiny walled plot of Pinot Noir vines in the Grand Cru village of Aÿ. Treasured possession of the house of Bollinger, this is a site that’s been admired for its wines since medieval times, but is it the age of these ‘vieilles vignes’ or the precious nature of this terroir that confers such luxury status?

[www.circleofwinewriters.org]

John

What Is ‘the Whole Point of Champagne’?
05 January 2023 18:11
What Is ‘the Whole Point of Champagne’?

This is the easiest New Year’s resolution: Keep a bottle of sparkling wine in the refrigerator at all times. If it’s there, you will find a reason to open it. And then buy another.

[grapecollective.com]

John

Sorry, alleen geregistreerde gebruikers mogen berichten plaatsen in dit forum.

Klik hier om in te loggen