Welkom! » Log in » Registreer een nieuw account

Champagne, crémant, sekt, cava, prosecco.

Gepost door JohnCopier 
Schweizer Dorf Champagne darf seinen Namen nicht für Weine nutzen
19 April 2021 19:04
Schweizer Dorf Champagne darf seinen Namen nicht für Weine nutzen

„Gemeinde Champagne“ darf künftig nicht mehr auf den Weinen stehen, die das gleichnamige Schweizer Dorf dort produziert. Das hat ein Schweizer Gericht entschieden.

[www.faz.net]

John

Life is always better when I wine.

Koken is meer dan een recept.
Re: Schweizer Dorf Champagne darf seinen Namen nicht für Weine nutzen
19 April 2021 19:28
Swiss Village Champagne Loses Another Fight To Get Name On Wine

The tiny Swiss village of Champagne has lost another fight to get its name on the wine it produces, according to a report on Saturday, the latest blow in a long-running legal battle with France over the name.

[www.barrons.com]

John

Krug builds a showcase in Ambonnay
20 April 2021 19:16
Krug builds a showcase in Ambonnay

Krug (MHCS group) has just unveiled plans to build a new production site in Clos d'Ambonnay, next to a 0.68-hectare vineyard. Named ‘Joseph 2.0’, as a tribute to Joseph Krug, the company’s founder in 1843, the plans involve creating two twin buildings. The total footprint, spread over three floors, will cover 9,400 m2. “All production activities, from pressing through to bottling, will be carried out in these facilities”, explains Julie Cavil, Krug's head cellar master. “The bottles will then be transported to the Reims facilities for maturation, disgorging and packaging”.

[www.vitisphere.com]

John

How Louis Roederer has changed the style of Cristal 2013
26 April 2021 14:36
How Louis Roederer has changed the style of Cristal 2013

Jean-Baptiste Lécaillon, Louis Roederer’s chef de cave, confesses to being more laid back these days – less obsessed with House style and letting the vintage and the grapes dictate the course of the winemaking more. Only the second vintage of Cristal to be made since transitioning fully to biodynamic farming, the Louis Roederer Cristal 2013 displays a number of changes in direction for the House – and there are more major changes in the pipeline. Peter Dean had an audience with Lécaillon at the UK launch of Cristal 2013, with Cristal 2008 constantly used as a reference point – the vintage he had previously declared was the best ever…

[www.the-buyer.net]

John

Breaking new ground in Champagne and England
27 April 2021 19:37
Breaking new ground in Champagne and England

Ever-warmer summers keep delivering more and more wines that would have been unthinkable two or three decades ago when the grapes would simply not have been ripe and healthy enough: Norwegian Riesling, Nova Scotia fizz, Belgian Chardonnay to rival Puligny-Montrachet, and really serious still wines from regions previously associated with sparkling wine.

[www.jancisrobinson.com]

John

Sorry, alleen geregistreerde gebruikers mogen berichten plaatsen in dit forum.

Klik hier om in te loggen