Welkom! » Log in » Registreer een nieuw account

Bordeaux

Gepost door RobertKoopman 
Bordeaux is the original ‘wine blend,’ but it’s more contemporary and affordable than you might think
16 March 2020 18:42
Bordeaux is the original ‘wine blend,’ but it’s more contemporary and affordable than you might think

Are you bored with bordeaux and looking for new wines from far-flung places, a trendy “red blend,” perhaps? Our insatiable appetite for the new can lead us to yawn at the classics. We shouldn’t. Here are five things to know about this famed region.

[www.washingtonpost.com]

John

Life is always better when I wine.

Koken is meer dan een recept.
Bordeaux needs to “come out of the closet”
16 March 2020 18:54
Bordeaux needs to “come out of the closet”

Some people might say, “We have to get out of our comfort zone”. Bernard Farges, chairman of the Bordeaux wine trade council (CIVcool smiley, preferred to be a little more sensational. “Bordeaux must come out of the closet”, he told the press on March 10. With sales of 4.15 million hectolitres in France and worldwide in 2019, the region posted one of its worst scores in 20 years and declined by 12% compared to 2018.

[www.vitisphere.com]

John

Sluggish market for Saint-Emilion
18 March 2020 19:46
Sluggish market for Saint-Emilion

“Last December, the market started off well. There was demand from trading companies accustomed to covering themselves early, but in early February, the market slowed down. The situation can be explained by wines blocked in the ports of Marseille and Le Havre that were on strike in January; the Trump taxes; the depressed Chinese market; and finally the coronavirus”, commented broker Gilles Prince. As a result, prices are falling: at the beginning of the marketing campaign, they varied from €4,000 and 4,500 €/ cask (the same price as last year), compared with €3,800 to 4,200 now.

[www.vitisphere.com]

John

Re: Sluggish market for Saint-Emilion
18 March 2020 23:28
Heel terecht, al decennia overgewaardeerde wijnregio grinning smiley
Re: Sluggish market for Saint-Emilion
18 March 2020 23:31
Dit was een test, maar sta er wel achter >grinning smiley<

Reageren op oom John lukt dus wel, maar zelf een nieuw topic openen lukt mij niet.
A modest proposal for Bordeaux – release the 2019s next spring
19 March 2020 18:55
A modest proposal for Bordeaux – release the 2019s next spring

With the world in the grip of a pandemic and with social and economic disruption spreading across multiple countries, now is the time for a radical shake up of the Bordeaux en primeur system and for the châteaux to offer their 2019 wines next spring and create a new template for the whole futures process.

[www.thedrinksbusiness.com]

John

Bordeaux 2019: Saturnalia scores
20 March 2020 19:12
Bordeaux 2019: Saturnalia scores

Saturnalia is a service designed to monitor vineyards and wine production by combining measures from space and ground. The team behind Saturnalia, at Ticinum Aerospace, provide wine quality predictions, scores and price trends.

[www.liv-ex.com]

John

Anson: Bordeaux en primeur cancelled, so what happens now?
23 March 2020 19:03
Anson: Bordeaux en primeur cancelled, so what happens now?

Jane Anson reports on how Bordeaux châteaux are dealing with France's lockdown, and what might happen next with the postponed en primeur tastings for the 2019 vintage.

[www.decanter.com]

John

Sorry, alleen geregistreerde gebruikers mogen berichten plaatsen in dit forum.

Klik hier om in te loggen