Welkom! » Log in » Registreer een nieuw account

Bordeaux

Gepost door RobertKoopman 
Bordeaux is the original ‘wine blend,’ but it’s more contemporary and affordable than you might think
16 March 2020 17:42
Bordeaux is the original ‘wine blend,’ but it’s more contemporary and affordable than you might think

Are you bored with bordeaux and looking for new wines from far-flung places, a trendy “red blend,” perhaps? Our insatiable appetite for the new can lead us to yawn at the classics. We shouldn’t. Here are five things to know about this famed region.

[www.washingtonpost.com]

John

Life is always better when I wine.

Koken is meer dan een recept.
Bordeaux needs to “come out of the closet”
16 March 2020 17:54
Bordeaux needs to “come out of the closet”

Some people might say, “We have to get out of our comfort zone”. Bernard Farges, chairman of the Bordeaux wine trade council (CIVcool smiley, preferred to be a little more sensational. “Bordeaux must come out of the closet”, he told the press on March 10. With sales of 4.15 million hectolitres in France and worldwide in 2019, the region posted one of its worst scores in 20 years and declined by 12% compared to 2018.

[www.vitisphere.com]

John

Sluggish market for Saint-Emilion
18 March 2020 18:46
Sluggish market for Saint-Emilion

“Last December, the market started off well. There was demand from trading companies accustomed to covering themselves early, but in early February, the market slowed down. The situation can be explained by wines blocked in the ports of Marseille and Le Havre that were on strike in January; the Trump taxes; the depressed Chinese market; and finally the coronavirus”, commented broker Gilles Prince. As a result, prices are falling: at the beginning of the marketing campaign, they varied from €4,000 and 4,500 €/ cask (the same price as last year), compared with €3,800 to 4,200 now.

[www.vitisphere.com]

John

Re: Sluggish market for Saint-Emilion
18 March 2020 22:28
Heel terecht, al decennia overgewaardeerde wijnregio grinning smiley
Re: Sluggish market for Saint-Emilion
18 March 2020 22:31
Dit was een test, maar sta er wel achter >grinning smiley<

Reageren op oom John lukt dus wel, maar zelf een nieuw topic openen lukt mij niet.
A modest proposal for Bordeaux – release the 2019s next spring
19 March 2020 17:55
A modest proposal for Bordeaux – release the 2019s next spring

With the world in the grip of a pandemic and with social and economic disruption spreading across multiple countries, now is the time for a radical shake up of the Bordeaux en primeur system and for the châteaux to offer their 2019 wines next spring and create a new template for the whole futures process.

[www.thedrinksbusiness.com]

John

Bordeaux 2019: Saturnalia scores
20 March 2020 18:12
Bordeaux 2019: Saturnalia scores

Saturnalia is a service designed to monitor vineyards and wine production by combining measures from space and ground. The team behind Saturnalia, at Ticinum Aerospace, provide wine quality predictions, scores and price trends.

[www.liv-ex.com]

John

Anson: Bordeaux en primeur cancelled, so what happens now?
23 March 2020 18:03
Anson: Bordeaux en primeur cancelled, so what happens now?

Jane Anson reports on how Bordeaux châteaux are dealing with France's lockdown, and what might happen next with the postponed en primeur tastings for the 2019 vintage.

[www.decanter.com]

John

100% Bordeaux | An irresistible selection
24 March 2020 17:59
100% Bordeaux | An irresistible selection

You know how much we love Bordeaux! And we’ve greatly enjoyed putting together this selection for you, in the hopes it will help you build a wonderful cellar: these are some of our favourites, from crus classés, unclassified, and unclassifiable bottles, to large formats, nicely priced gems, mature vintages, and organic, biodynamic, and natural wines.

[www.idealwine.info]

John

Bernard Magrez : “Nous allons organiser notre propre campagne de vins primeurs en Chine, aux États-Unis, en Angleterre”

En pleine crise sanitaire, le Bordelais, propriétaire de 45 domaines dans le monde, évoque l’avenir de son entreprise et ses choix stratégiques.

Wanneer je een wereldbedrijf hebt dan los je het werelds op.

[avis-vin.lefigaro.fr]

John

Bordeaux’s En Primeur Week Is in Question Amid Postponement
03 April 2020 17:10
Bordeaux’s En Primeur Week Is in Question Amid Postponement

The region of Bordeaux in France normally would be teeming with people this week, including wine journalists, merchants from across the globe, and wine lovers seeking a taste of the 2019 vintage from the best, most esteemed Châteaus.

[www.marketwatch.com]

John

Re: Bordeaux’s En Primeur Week Is in Question Amid Postponement
03 April 2020 17:15
Time to reboot Bordeaux’s En Primeur

April is En Primeur month, when the world’s wine critics flock to Bordeaux to taste and rate. Not this year. Robert Joseph says maybe it’s a good time for a rethink.

[www.wine-business-international.com]

John

Re: Bordeaux’s En Primeur Week Is in Question Amid Postponement
03 April 2020 17:17
Webinar replay: Beyond En Primeur, with Jane Anson

On Monday 30th March, to coincide with what would have been the start of the En Primeur tastings, Decanter’s Bordeaux correspondent, Jane Anson, hosted a webinar on the region called ‘Beyond En Primeur’.

[www.liv-ex.com]

John

Bordeaux En Primeur: “It is so frustrating not to be able to present the excellent 2019 vintage”
08 April 2020 16:49
Bordeaux En Primeur: “It is so frustrating not to be able to present the excellent 2019 vintage”

“Now two weeks into lockdown, it is hard to imagine that it should have been En Primeur week”, admits Émeline Borie, head of marketing for Château Grand-Puy-Lacoste (1855 Pauillac Grand Cru Classé). Cancelled due to the coronavirus, the major presentation of the Bordeaux vintage to buyers and critics from around the world, with the wines currently being matured, leaves a void full of uncertainty.

[www.vitisphere.com]

John

Re: Bordeaux En Primeur: “It is so frustrating not to be able to present the excellent 2019 vintage”
14 April 2020 12:23
Primeurs ou pas primeurs : that is the question!

Un rapide voyage sur la planète médiatique des réseaux sociaux suffit à comprendre l’ampleur du phénomène. Certains critiques internationaux affichent leur satisfaction, photos à l’appui, de recevoir des échantillons du millésime 2019.

[www.anthocyanes.fr]

John

Re: Bordeaux En Primeur: “It is so frustrating not to be able to present the excellent 2019 vintage”
14 April 2020 16:44
Hôpitaux de Gironde: « les vins de Bordeaux leur disent Merci »

C’est une opération caritative que lancent les vins de Bordeaux, qui seront présents à la même période que Bordeaux Fête le Vin (reporté) par cette vente aux enchères au profit exclusif des Hôpitaux de Gironde, du 15 au 21 juin. Entretien avec Christophe Chateau du Conseil Interprofessionnel du Vin de Bordeaux.

[france3-regions.blog.francetvinfo.fr]

John

15 April 2020 16:48
Primeurs à Bordeaux : il y a un certain appétit malgré la crise

C’est une année à marquer d’une pierre blanche. Une première depuis que le système des primeurs existe. Ni les propriétés, ni la place de Bordeaux, ni l’Union des Grands Crus n’ont pu faire déguster dans les mêmes conditions que d’habitude en mars-avril le millésime 2019 aux journalistes, critiques et distributeurs français et étrangers. Une campagne primeurs qui pourrait malgré tout se tenir… Enquête de Côté Châteaux.

John

16 April 2020 16:51
Bordeaux 2019 vintage: Clues on what to expect

Jane Anson provides an in-depth report on how the growing season affected the vintage, and gives her first impressions on the wines, based on barrel sample tastings so far.

[www.decanter.com]

John

Acclaimed vintages of Yquem and Cheval Blanc feature in LVMH charity fine wine case
16 April 2020 16:56
Acclaimed vintages of Yquem and Cheval Blanc feature in LVMH charity fine wine case

Château Cheval Blanc and Château d’Yquem are featured in the limited-edition mixed case which hopes to raise over £500,000 for members of the hospitality trade.

[www.decanter.com]

John

Anson: What’s new in Bordeaux wine?
17 April 2020 17:37
Anson: What’s new in Bordeaux wine?

From ownership changes to new wines, Jane Anson highlights key developments at Bordeaux estates over the past year.

[www.decanter.com]

John

Dordogne : de gros dégâts dans les vignes suite aux orages de grêle
18 April 2020 17:22
Dordogne : de gros dégâts dans les vignes suite aux orages de grêle

Selon une première estimation, 500 hectares, soit un quart de l’appellation Montravel, pourraient avoir été touchés, vendredi soir.

[www.sudouest.fr]

John

En Primeur presentations could be held in modified format this summer
22 April 2020 17:08
En Primeur presentations could be held in modified format this summer

The Union des Grands Crus de Bordeaux (UGCcool smiley and Bordeaux Négoce (Association of Bordeaux Wine Merchants) are considering the possibility of proposing the 2019 En Primeurs to be held in a modified format by the end of the summer.

[harpers.co.uk]

John

Ten years on: Neal Martin revisits Bordeaux 2010
23 April 2020 17:45
Ten years on: Neal Martin revisits Bordeaux 2010

“Only with maturity can we really put vintages into focus and place them within the context of other growing seasons.”

[www.liv-ex.com]

John

Report extract: An outlook for Bordeaux 2019
29 April 2020 16:49
Report extract: An outlook for Bordeaux 2019

Bordeaux’s pricing of new releases has historically shown little correlation to the movements of the physical market. Release prices have instead been influenced by quality and quantity considerations and the critical view. Using the average Wine Advocate score as a proxy, the chart below shows a marked difference in the pricing of “on” and “off” vintages.

[www.liv-ex.com]

John

Charity auction | Bordeaux steps up with generous contributions
30 April 2020 11:43
Charity auction | Bordeaux steps up with generous contributions

Having taken quite a hit during the current crisis, with the all important primeur events cancelled for the season, some 70 Bordeaux properties have nonetheless stepped up to the plate to participate in the charity auction that is taking place at iDealwine in aid of France’s carers.

[www.idealwine.info]

John

A Global Guide to Sémillon, A White Wine with Incredible Range
11 May 2020 17:51
A Global Guide to Sémillon, A White Wine with Incredible Range

“Sémillon can be amazing and average,” says Pauline Lapierre Dietrich, winemaker for Château Haut-Rian in Bordeaux. It all depends on how winemakers treat it in the vineyard and winery, she says. Clone and site matter, as do yield size and vinification.

[www.winemag.com]

John

Understanding Bordeaux appellations
11 May 2020 17:53
Understanding Bordeaux appellations

Bordeaux is a massive wine region, producing a wide variety of wine styles. As such, it’s useful to consider Bordeaux not as one place and one wine style, but at the sub-regional or “appellation” level. Developing a better understanding of individual appellations will help you buy better Bordeaux wines, whether as a professional wine buyer or a consumer.

[charliegeoghegan.wine]

John

Joss Fowler: Is 2016 Bordeaux’s greatest vintage of the century?
12 May 2020 17:33
Joss Fowler: Is 2016 Bordeaux’s greatest vintage of the century?

Because the First Growths didn’t knock his socks off in 2016, Bordeaux expert Joss Fowler didn’t initially think that 2016 was as great a vintage as, say, 2005, 2009 and 2010. But what is interesting in returning to the vintage some years on, and re-tasting 267 wines, is how close are the ‘chasing pack’ of Second Growths; St Julien and Pauillac in particular were standout in 2016 with many estates producing their most memorable wine ever, which is surely a mark of a great vintage. Of all of these it was the Grand-Puy-Lacoste which was the wine that continued to haunt Fowler, weeks after the tasting in February. So how does it rate alongside the other 20 or so vintages?

[www.the-buyer.net]

John

Pontet-Canet director Jean-Michel Comme to leave
12 May 2020 17:46
Pontet-Canet director Jean-Michel Comme to leave

Jean-Michel Comme, who has played a leading role in Château Pontet-Canet’s pioneering commitment to biodynamics in Bordeaux, has decided to leave the fifth growth estate after more than 30 years.

[www.decanter.com]

John

Le CIVB a commandé 500 000 masques pour répondre aux demandes des vignerons de Bordeaux
22 May 2020 16:36
Le CIVB a commandé 500 000 masques pour répondre aux demandes des vignerons de Bordeaux

Depuis ce matin, c’est l’effervescence au Bar à Vins du Conseil Interprofessionnel du Vin de Bordeaux. La première commande de 200 000 masques est arrivée et distribuée depuis 9h, une seconde de 100 000 arrive vendredi, puis une troisième de 200 000 la semaine prochaine. Ces masques répondent à la demande des viticulteurs du bordelais pour garantir la sécurité des vignerons, des salariés et des touristes. Ils sont rétrocédés aux viticulteurs à prix coûtant.

John

Sorry, alleen geregistreerde gebruikers mogen berichten plaatsen in dit forum.

Klik hier om in te loggen