Welkom! » Log in » Registreer een nieuw account

Bordeaux

Gepost door RobertKoopman 
Re: Pontet Canet 2019 released
20 July 2020 17:20
Big Changes at Château Lafite

Covid aside, it has been times of change for Domaines Baron de Rothschild and Château Lafite, as James Lawrence finds out.

[www.wine-searcher.com]

John

Life is always better when I wine.

Koken is meer dan een recept.
20 July 2020 17:26
Cos d’Estournel apporte un soutien de 100 000 € aux jeunes établissements de la restauration traditionnelle

Chose promise, chose due. Début juin, le célèbre château de Saint-Estèphe annonçait la mise en vente de son millésime 2019 en primeur et en même temps, Michel Reybier, son propriétaire promettait à l’Union des métiers et des Industries de l’Hôtellerie de reverser une partie des bénéfices liés à cette vente, en soutien aux restaurants mis en difficulté durant le confinement. 100 000€ vont ainsi être reversés aux plus jeunes structures, sans doute les plus fragiles.

[france3-regions.blog.francetvinfo.fr]

John

22 July 2020 18:00
Bordeaux 2019 by appellation: Sauternes and Barsac

The 2019 en primeur campaign is regarded as a surprising success. But its unique and exceptional character and its comparative brevity (with, at its height, 20 or 30 wines released each day) have posed significant problems for producers of Sauternes and Barsac. The market was looking elsewhere when these wines were released and even fewer cases than usual have been sold, writes Colin Hay.

[www.thedrinksbusiness.com]

John

23 July 2020 17:37
Bordeaux marketing board to set aside wines from 2020 to reduce oversupplies

At its AGM on 15 July, the Bordeaux wine marketing council CIVB unanimously approved the introduction of a reserve stock aimed at “reducing the increase in marketable inventories of red Bordeaux and Bordeaux Supérieur appellations”. By adopting an amendment to the three-year trade agreement for 2020-2023, the CIVB is pursuing the objective outlined last year by chairman Bernard Farges, which is “to re-establish a balance between supply and demand for Bordeaux wines”.

[www.vitisphere.com]

John

Dry Spell Ahead for Château Climens
29 July 2020 15:33
Dry Spell Ahead for Château Climens

A Sauternes giant is moving away from the sweet path with its new cuvée.

Fair warning, this is a wine geek's story. I found it interesting and if you're of a certain mindset, you might also.

[www.wine-searcher.com]

John

Château d'Yquem certified organic by 2022
29 July 2020 15:40
Château d'Yquem certified organic by 2022

Announced as a matter of course on May 13, 2019 by Bernard Arnault, chairman of LVMH, the switch-over to organic farming at Château d'Yquem began shortly afterwards. The conversion is highly symbolic and the aim is to secure certification by the 2022 vintage. “We began the switch-over process on August 12, 2019, but we had already been testing organic treatments on half of vineyard acreage for two years”, says Sandrine Garbay, cellar master at the 1855 Premier Grand Cru Classé Supérieur chateau. The 2020 vintage proved to be extremely conducive to the onset of downy mildew in Bordeaux: “For our first 100% organic year, the weather certainly didn’t do us any favours!” sums up Francis Mayeur, Château d'Yquem’s technical director.

[www.vitisphere.com]

John

Bordeaux Looks Directly Beyond La Place
01 August 2020 18:42
Bordeaux Looks Directly Beyond La Place

With traditional sales channels hit by Covid, Bordeaux producers are thinking the unthinkable – direct to consumer sales.

[www.wine-searcher.com]

John

Bordeaux faces its wine oversupply
02 August 2020 19:11
Bordeaux faces its wine oversupply

To stay competitive, Bordeaux is cutting wine production and focusing on better quality and marketing. Panos Kakaviatos reports.

[www.wine-business-international.com]

John

Bordeaux ranking | First-half review 2020
04 August 2020 18:03
Bordeaux ranking | First-half review 2020

We are continuing our biannual wine analysis, this time of the iconic Bordeaux region. We’ll go through two rankings – top sales and top bottles, before discussing some general take-aways for this recently poured six-month period.

[www.idealwine.info]

John

How Bordeaux Varieties Are Becoming Tuscan Wine Traditions
13 August 2020 17:17
How Bordeaux Varieties Are Becoming Tuscan Wine Traditions

“It’s actually the other way around. You have to talk about Bolgheri to understand why they ended up having Cabernet there,” says Italian-wine writer and critic Ian D’Agata when I ask him about making Bordeaux- varieties wines in Tuscany.

[www.forbes.com]

John

Bordeaux Tries Youth Appeal Again
17 August 2020 16:40
Bordeaux Tries Youth Appeal Again

Attracting younger consumers has been a largely unsuccessful endeavor for the prestigious region – but they're trying again.

[www.wine-searcher.com]

John

Re: Bordeaux Tries Youth Appeal Again
17 August 2020 16:48
Bordeaux and Me-Too-Ism

Bordeaux is still trying to figure out how to sell wine that isn’t from a classed vineyard.

[foodandwineaesthetics.com]

John

How Wine Maven Bernice Liu Found Passion in Bordeaux
18 August 2020 17:13
How Wine Maven Bernice Liu Found Passion in Bordeaux

Bernice Liu is probably the only member of the entertainment world to be a certified sommelier on top of being an actress, model and singer. Ever since visiting Napa Valley in 2008 after a blizzard delayed filming in Vancouver, Liu has gone on to produce her own wine, Bellavizio, as well as setting up Wine Maven, an online shop for wine lovers in Hong Kong.

[www.prestigeonline.com]

John

Merlot, Luxury Pomerol And Affordable Everyday Wine
21 August 2020 17:21
Merlot, Luxury Pomerol And Affordable Everyday Wine

With 657,300 acres, Merlot is the second most planted grape variety in the world, after Cabernet Sauvignon (link to our grape profile of CS). It is the most planted in France. This should indicate that it is well-liked, both by consumers and producers. Nevertheless, Merlot has never really been in the spotlight.

[www.forbes.com]

John

Côtes de Bourg : le Ministre de l’Agriculture interpelé par des vignerons victimes de la crise
31 August 2020 16:41
Côtes de Bourg : le Ministre de l’Agriculture interpelé par des vignerons victimes de la crise

Julien Denormandie est venu au chevet de la vigne et de ses vignerons. Le ministre de l’Agriculture a été reçu par un petit comité d’accueil qui vit actuellement très difficilement de son travail. Des vignerons exaspérés qui s’estiment au bord du gouffre, « la corde au cou », comme ils disent. Ils ont eu une oreille attentive du ministre qui souhaite des vignerons indépendants qui puissent vivre dignement de leur travail. Il a visité le château Grand Launay en biodynamie, à l’occasion des vendanges.

[france3-regions.blog.francetvinfo.fr]

John

AT SECOND GLANCE: BORDEAUX IS SUSTAINABLE, MODERN AND DIVERSE
21 September 2020 17:34
AT SECOND GLANCE: BORDEAUX IS SUSTAINABLE, MODERN AND DIVERSE

There is a lot to discover! The slogan of Bordeauxwines has so much truth to it. Because when it comes to Bordeaux, it is worth taking a closer look and questioning your own knowledge.

[www.wine-business-international.com]

John

Château Montrose recycle son CO2 en bicarbonate de potassium
23 September 2020 16:45
Château Montrose recycle son CO2 en bicarbonate de potassium

Pour les vendanges 2020, Château Montrose annonce avoir l’objectif de recycler 100% du CO2 issu de ses fermentations alcooliques.

Hier worden wij vrolijk van.

[www.mon-viti.com]

John

Bernard Magrez, brasseur d’idées
25 September 2020 17:26
Bernard Magrez, brasseur d’idées

Le propriétaire de 43 domaines viticoles de par le monde se lance dans la bière et renoue avec le secteur des spiritueux.

Wat een mooie wijnen dragen zijn naam.

[avis-vin.lefigaro.fr]

John

Bats Are the Newest Key to Producing a Fine Bottle of Bordeaux
28 September 2020 17:15
Bats Are the Newest Key to Producing a Fine Bottle of Bordeaux

As vintners in the storied region face challenges from both climate change and Covid-19, studies are being undertaken to show how bats can boost harvest and quality.

[www.bloomberg.com]

John

Anson: Living through wartime Bordeaux
01 October 2020 17:10
Anson: Living through wartime Bordeaux

Jane Anson draws on interviews, memoirs and diary accounts from Bordeaux's wine world to report on life in the region during World War II, 80 years on from the beginning of the Nazi Occupation.

[www.decanter.com]

John

IDEALWINE UPDATE: NO MEAN ’FITE
07 October 2020 17:15
IDEALWINE UPDATE: NO MEAN ’FITE

One of the greatest names in wine, few clarets command more global demand and attention than Lafite. It is no surprise, therefore, that the château’s wines are hotly sought after on release, and in the secondary market.

John

Lafite fête ses 150 ans de Rothschild
14 October 2020 11:51
Lafite fête ses 150 ans de Rothschild

Pour l'occasion, le grand cru s'offre un petit ajout sur l'étiquette. Pas de bandeau doré, juste un léger détail comme un complément, un compliment de modernité.

[www.lepoint.fr]#

John

Machinisme
14 October 2020 16:38
Machinisme

CALON SÉGUR, BORDEAUX
« Avec la viticulture de précision, nous gagnons en qualité de travail et faisons des économie d’intrants. »

[www.mon-viti.com]

John

CANTENAC BROWN TO BUILD ECO-FRIENDLY WINERY
20 October 2020 17:15
CANTENAC BROWN TO BUILD ECO-FRIENDLY WINERY

The new owner of Château Cantenac Brown in Bordeaux has commissioned architect Philippe Madec to build a new winery at the estate that will “push the boundaries of current standards for ecological and environmental responsibility”.

John

Three Bordeaux châteaux sold to Calon Ségur owner
20 October 2020 17:25
Three Bordeaux châteaux sold to Calon Ségur owner

A French insurance group that owns Château Calon Ségur has acquired three estates on Bordeaux’s Right Bank from Château Latour’s owner, the Pinault family-controlled Artémis Domaines.

[www.decanter.com]

John

Bordeaux 2019, crus classés du Médoc #1
21 October 2020 17:13
Bordeaux 2019, crus classés du Médoc #1

Les ventes en primeur ont retrouvé leur attraction d'antan grâce à une spectaculaire baisse des prix. Heureuse conséquence du virus.

[www.lepoint.fr]#

John

ANGELUS STAMPS 2018 BOTTLES WITH RED PHOENIX
21 October 2020 17:28
ANGELUS STAMPS 2018 BOTTLES WITH RED PHOENIX

St Emilion grand cru classé ‘A’ estate, Angelus, has said that its bottles for the 2018 vintage will be engraved with a red phoenix.

John

Bordeaux wine shipper uses wine residues as fuel
22 October 2020 17:10
Bordeaux wine shipper uses wine residues as fuel

The experiment began in November 2019 at the logistics and bottling site at Beychac-et-Caillau, in the Bordeaux region, and in Nîmes in Southern France, two of the seven plants belonging to shipping firm Johanès Boubée. “We want to make our business greener and act sustainably to reduce our environmental footprint and therefore CO2 emissions”, said operations director and head of operational sites in France, Mathieu Soulard.

[www.vitisphere.com]

John

Château Lagrange, une histoire franco-nipponne à succès
23 October 2020 16:50
Château Lagrange, une histoire franco-nipponne à succès

Depuis le début des années 1980, une famille japonaise hisse ce domaine phare de Saint-Julien au plus haut niveau.

[avis-vin.lefigaro.fr]

John

Dégustation express de grands crus classés de Saint-Julien
23 October 2020 17:12
Dégustation express de grands crus classés de Saint-Julien

La sélection du Figaro Magazine.

[avis-vin.lefigaro.fr]

John

Sorry, alleen geregistreerde gebruikers mogen berichten plaatsen in dit forum.

Klik hier om in te loggen