Welkom! » Log in » Registreer een nieuw account

Bordeaux

Gepost door RobertKoopman 
Re: Bordeaux: Sechs neue Rebsorten zugelassen
29 January 2021 18:21
Meet the ‘new’ Bordeaux wine grapes

Do you know your Marselan from your Castets? Six 'new' grape varieties have now been approved for use in Bordeaux wines and the first plantings are expected in 2021.

[www.decanter.com]

John

Life is always better when I wine.

Koken is meer dan een recept.
Re: Bordeaux: Sechs neue Rebsorten zugelassen
03 February 2021 18:23
Bordeaux winemakers cope with climate change with newly approved grape varieties

Winemaking in Bordeaux has a long-standing tradition of blending a selection of permitted grapes to best effect. The enduring popularity of these wines has made cabernet sauvignon and merlot the most widely planted wine grapes in the world, but concerns about the future have opened the door to some new varieties to help combat climate change.

[www.theglobeandmail.com]

John

BORDEAUX PROFILE: CHÂTEAU CLIMENS
11 February 2021 18:09
BORDEAUX PROFILE: CHÂTEAU CLIMENS

In the fourth of a series exploring the history, market performance, recent and, in this case less recent, vintages of some of Bordeaux’s leading estates, Colin Hay benefits from the privilege of a rare vertical tasting at the château with proprietor Berenice Lurton to look at the remarkable consistency and timeless beauty of the wines of Château Climens in Barsac.

[www.thedrinksbusiness.com]

John

Bordeaux Aims to Protect its Future with New Grape Varieties
09 February 2021 19:06
Bordeaux Aims to Protect its Future with New Grape Varieties

Climate change and rising temperature degrees are of intense interest to wine producers. With each degree that temperatures increase, higher alcohol-by-volume (abv) measures soon follow. Red wines that were 12% abv 30 years ago have crept up to 13.5%, 14.5% and even 15% in the 2018 Bordeaux vintage.

[www.winemag.com]

John

Re: Bordeaux Aims to Protect its Future with New Grape Varieties
12 February 2021 18:16
Médoc winegrowers want to get a taste of four new grape varieties, from the South and the past

Climate change and demand for less alcoholic wines have prompted a question – which grape varieties will be the new Cabernet-Sauvignon and Merlot in the vineyards of the Médoc? “It’s obvious that the climate is changing. Should grape varieties evolve too? We can't say what the future holds”, said a cautious Sébastien Couthures, a winegrower and chair of the technical committee with the AOC Médoc, Haut-Médoc and Listrac-Médoc producers’ organisation.

[www.vitisphere.com]

John

Bordeaux 2018 in bottle: price performance and critical opinion
17 February 2021 18:32
Bordeaux 2018 in bottle: price performance and critical opinion

Critical opinion on the latest physical Bordeaux vintage has started to emerge, with the publication of in-bottle scores from Jane Anson (Decanter) and James Molesworth (Wine Spectator).

[www.liv-ex.com]

John

Bordeaux co-operative puts Rhone varieties in its Vins de France
19 February 2021 18:45
Bordeaux co-operative puts Rhone varieties in its Vins de France

If ever one technique was associated with Bordeaux it is the art of blending. But that technique has been taken into uncharted territory by the Bordeaux Families co-operative group (formerly Union de Guyenne). Under the new Malette brand, the Louis Vallon and Sauveterre-Blasimon-Espiet wineries “are blending local grape varieties with varieties from other regions to avoid simply replicating Bordeaux red wine and labelling it Vin de France”, sums up Bordeaux Families MD Philippe Cazaux.

[www.vitisphere.com]

John

2020 Bordeaux yields: quality not quantity?
22 February 2021 17:59
2020 Bordeaux yields: quality not quantity?

The production figures for Bordeaux 2020 are now in. In the post below, Bordeaux grower, winemaker and writer Gavin Quinney (@GavinQuinney) looks at what the numbers tell us about the vintage.

[www.liv-ex.com]

John

Vins de Bordeaux : condamnée, Alerte aux toxiques va faire appel
01 March 2021 13:48
Vins de Bordeaux : condamnée, Alerte aux toxiques va faire appel

Pour ses propos jugés dénigrants par le tribunal de Libourne, l’association a été condamnée ce jeudi 25 février à verser 125 000 euros à différents plaignants et à retirer tous ses articles

[www.sudouest.fr]

John

BORDEAUX 2020 VINTAGE REPORT
05 March 2021 13:24
BORDEAUX 2020 VINTAGE REPORT

Our Bordeaux correspondent, Colin Hay, unpicks Gavin Quinney’s Bordeaux 2020 vintage report and gives us as taste of what we can expect from this year’s en primeur campaign.

[www.thedrinksbusiness.com]

John

One Cru Classé reinvents Sauternes, with a sparkling wine and a rosé
05 March 2021 13:31
One Cru Classé reinvents Sauternes, with a sparkling wine and a rosé

It’s not just a matter of vocation, “the strategy of a Sauternes classified estate is to produce stellar sweet wines” claims Didier Galhaud, deputy managing director of Château d'Arche. For the past year, his guiding question for the 1855 Sauternes Grand Cru Classé has been a crucial marketing issue: “Do my products meet market demand?” And although Château d'Arche’s sweet wines have taken a modern approach – with aromatic concentration and balance driven by freshness – market demand for Sauternes remains low.

[www.vitisphere.com]

John

Bordeaux Adapts with New Grapes
02 March 2021 10:23
Bordeaux Adapts with New Grapes

In entry-level bottlings, winemakers can begin using Touriga Nacional, Marselan and other varieties chosen for suitability in a changing climate

[www.winespectator.com]

John

Re: Bordeaux Adapts with New Grapes
05 March 2021 18:06
Six new grape varieties approved in Bordeaux

The Institut National de l’Origine et de la Qualité (INAO) has formally approved the use of four new red and two new white grape varieties for official use in Bordeaux as the region makes strides to future proof itself against the effects of climate change.

[harpers.co.uk]

John

Bordeaux vines get swept away in landslide
08 March 2021 18:38
Bordeaux vines get swept away in landslide

One afternoon at the beginning of February, Jean-Christophe Darriet who heads up Château Dauphiné Rondillon in Loupiac, went to one of his hillside vineyards in Rondillon to prune his vines only to be devastated by what he saw – the wires were broken, the posts had been pulled out and there were substantial cracks in the ground. As a result of non-stop rain, a major landslide had occurred in two vineyards. On the first 1.5-hectare plot, the grower reported that half of the land had been significantly displaced and half a hectare was impassable. On the other 1-hectare plot, the headlands over one quarter of a hectare were totally destroyed.

[www.vitisphere.com]

John

Classement des vins de Saint-Emilion: le tribunal correctionnel a renvoyé le procès pour prise illégale d’intérêts aux 20 et 21 septembre

C’est un nouvel épisode dans ce serpent de mer qu’est l’affaire du classement de Saint-Emilion. Ce matin devait se tenir le procès pour prise illégale d’intérêts avec Hubert de Boüard et Philippe Castéja. Le tribunal a renvoyé comme le parquet l’avait laissé entendre en amont de l’audience le procès les 20 et 21 septembre pour lui consacrer deux journées entières et examiner une Question Prioritaire de Constitutionnalité qui sera soulevée par la défense.

[france3-regions.blog.francetvinfo.fr]

John

Saint-Emilion et le Tour de France : dessine-moi un vin à vélo…
09 March 2021 18:29
Saint-Emilion et le Tour de France : dessine-moi un vin à vélo…

La ville et le monde du vin de Saint-Emilion, où le Tour de France fera étape pour un contre-la-montre Libourne/Saint-Emilion le 17 juillet, organiseront de nombreuses animations et festivités autour de l’événement, avec des portes ouvertes dans les châteaux, des dégustations animées par des viticulteurs, des spectacles pyrotechniques…Par ailleurs, un concours artistique est lancé: « de la vigne au vélo »

[france3-regions.blog.francetvinfo.fr]

John

Côtes de Bourg confirms its compulsory HVE certification
10 March 2021 18:23
Côtes de Bourg confirms its compulsory HVE certification

On 25 February, the board of the Côtes de Bourg producers’ organisation confirmed the decision taken a year ago, on 6 February 2020, to make High Environmental Value (HVE) certification compulsory for all appellation companies from the 2025 vintage onwards. Following recent decisions by the national institute for origin and quality (INAO), the Bordeaux organisation now has the regulatory framework to include mandatory environmental certification into its specifications. The Côtes de Bourg appellation will only introduce mandatory HVE certification in 2025, when the obligation to do so is immediate according to INAO policy. The wine industry and the administration do not want a transitional period, but rather that a maximum number of producers be certified when the obligation becomes effective.

[www.vitisphere.com]

John

2018 St. Julien in Bottle Tasting Report, Notes, Ratings, Buying Guide
16 March 2021 13:35
2018 St. Julien in Bottle Tasting Report, Notes, Ratings, Buying Guide

As I wrote in my 2018 Saint Julien barrel tasting report, the appellation should win an award for the most consistent Left Bank appellation of the 2018 Bordeaux vintage. Frankly, every wine I tasted was good. And not just the Grand Vin, the second wines were strong as well. In fact, just peruse my tasting notes and you can see the remarkable level of consistency with 2018 St. Julien wines.

[www.thewinecellarinsider.com]

John

2018 Margaux in Bottle Tasting Report, Notes, Ratings, Buying Guide
16 March 2021 13:38
2018 Margaux in Bottle Tasting Report, Notes, Ratings, Buying Guide

2018 Margaux is not as homogenous as the other top appellations in the Medoc. In part, of course it is due to the massive size and diversity of terroirs. But it is also important to note that while Margaux is not always consistent, 2 of the wines of the vintage came from Margaux! It is interesting to note that the top wines are located primarily on the top peak of the Cantenac plateau.

John

2018 Haut Medoc Guide, Best Wines, Tasting Notes, Ratings, Buying Tips
16 March 2021 13:40
2018 Haut Medoc Guide, Best Wines, Tasting Notes, Ratings, Buying Tips

2018 Haut Medoc is a bargain hunters paradise. There are numerous good wines at fair prices to be found. Though, there are also lean, green wines as well. 2018 Haut Medoc is a vintage that buyers should look at, with both eyes open.

John

2018 Listrac, Moulis, Medoc Wine, Tasting Notes, Ratings, Buying Tips
16 March 2021 13:56
2018 Listrac, Moulis, Medoc Wine, Tasting Notes, Ratings, Buying Tips

Listrac, Moulis and the Medoc can often find it difficult to produce good wines due to their terroir, which varies widely. Many of the lesser sites in those appellations require good vintage conditions to allow for the grapes to reach maturity.

John

2018 Graves Red and White Wine Guide, Tasting Notes, Best Buying Tips
16 March 2021 13:59
2018 Graves Red and White Wine Guide, Tasting Notes, Best Buying Tips

2018 Graves red and white wines offer serious value with very good style and character. Plus they sell for a song and drink well early. In fact, most of these wines are already quite delicious and can be enjoyed on release.

John

2018 Pessac Leognan Complete Guide, Tasting Notes Reviews Buying Tips
16 March 2021 14:01
2018 Pessac Leognan Complete Guide, Tasting Notes Reviews Buying Tips

2018 Pessac Leognan is the product of a challenging growing season. Like the rest of Bordeaux, the vintage had an auspicious start as the vineyards were underwater. It was not just the non-stop rain that went on for months.

John

2018 Pomerol Complete Guide, Tasting Notes, Ratings, Best Wines
16 March 2021 14:03
2018 Pomerol Complete Guide, Tasting Notes, Ratings, Best Wines

2018 Pomerol is a contender for the appellation of the vintage. There are numerous, concentrated, exciting, sultry, sensuous wines in this vintage that will appeal to hedonistic wine lovers. Edouard Moueix is bullish on 2018 Pomerol. He explains why. “What we enjoy most in our 2018s is the controlled power. The harmonious and polished tannins and the great persistence. These are wines that will need to age to fully express their potential.”

John

2018 White Bordeaux Wine Guide, Tasting Notes, Ratings, Buying Tips
16 March 2021 18:02
2018 White Bordeaux Wine Guide, Tasting Notes, Ratings, Buying Tips

2018 White Bordeaux wines are the product of a warm, very dry summer. At the end of the summer, temperatures remained warm and dry. While this was perfect for the red wine grapes, it was a little too hot and dry for the white wine grapes. Picking of the white wine grapes began in August, allowing the fruit to retain as much freshness as possible.

John

2018 Cotes de Bordeaux Wine Guide Tasting Notes, Ratings, Buying Tips
16 March 2021 18:06
2018 Cotes de Bordeaux Wine Guide Tasting Notes, Ratings, Buying Tips

2018 Cotes de Bordeaux produced great, character driven, concentrated, lusciously textured, rich wines that sell for a song. Many of the best terroirs found in the Cotes de Bordeaux are quite similar to what you find in St. Emilion and in other top Right Bank vineyards.

John

2018 Lalande de Pomerol Guide to the Best Wines, Tasting Notes, Reviews
16 March 2021 18:09
2018 Lalande de Pomerol Guide to the Best Wines, Tasting Notes, Reviews

2018 Lalande de Pomerol offers loads of Pomerol character for a fraction of the price. Located next to many of the famous Pomerol vineyards, you can find terroir that is not all that different than what you find in Pomerol. So, it should come as no surprise that 2018 Lalande de Pomerol produced fabulous, Merlot dominated wines.

John

2018 Bordeaux Superieur Guide, Best Wines, Tasting Notes, Buying Tips
16 March 2021 18:11
2018 Bordeaux Superieur Guide, Best Wines, Tasting Notes, Buying Tips

2018 Bordeaux Superieur is a mixed bag. There are numerous delicious, ready to drink, Merlot dominated wines that offer fabulous, stylish, character drinking that won’t break the bank. But, due to the massive size of the appellation with its myriad of varying terroirs, there are also light, under ripe, and over-extracted wines as well. You just need to know where to look.

John

The anonymous wine taking on Bordeaux’s classed growths
16 March 2021 18:22
The anonymous wine taking on Bordeaux’s classed growths

An ambitious former financier has assembled a crack team of vineyards and consultants to produce a range of impressive wines made to an unorthodox formula. But would you pay £400 for a Bordeaux of unknown provenance?

[cluboenologique.com]

John

2018 St. Emilion Wine Guide Pt 1 Tasting Notes, Reviews, Buying Tips, A-G
18 March 2021 18:19
2018 St. Emilion Wine Guide Pt 1 Tasting Notes, Reviews, Buying Tips, A-G

The best 2018 Saint Emilion wines are stunning! They are everything fans of the appellation could hope for. The wines are all deeply colored. They are aromatic with a cornucopia of scents ranging from flowers, to red, black and blue fruits, wet earth, crushed rocks, cocoa, truffle and licorice. Even better is the level of concentration experienced in the best wines. And they finish wish, velvety, opulent, sexy textures.

John

Sorry, alleen geregistreerde gebruikers mogen berichten plaatsen in dit forum.

Klik hier om in te loggen