Welkom! » Log in » Registreer een nieuw account

Bordeaux

Gepost door RobertKoopman 
Bordeaux 2018 revisited: Saint-Emilion
18 March 2021 18:21
Bordeaux 2018 revisited: Saint-Emilion

In the first of a series of appellation profiles to be published over the next few months, our Bordeaux correspondent, Colin Hay, revisits the 2018 vintage in Saint-Emilion, providing an overview of the appellation in this challenging, heterogeneous yet potentially excellent vintage, and detailed tasting notes on 179 wines. His Pomerol profile will follow shortly, with articles on each of the leading appellations of the Médoc and Pessac-Léognan to be published later in the year.

[www.thedrinksbusiness.com]

John

Life is always better when I wine.

Koken is meer dan een recept.
Legal challenges to Saint-Emilion classification double the price of applications
18 March 2021 18:27
Legal challenges to Saint-Emilion classification double the price of applications

The prices of Bordeaux’s Grands Crus Classés aren’t the only ones soaring – the cost of applying for the classifications is also on the increase. In fact, they have risen significantly more than the prices of GCC. Before the 2006 classification, and the first court cases, the application fee for the Saint-Emilion classification was nothing, but it has been spiralling upwards ever since: €1,500 in 2006, then €6,500 for the 2012 classification (and €7,500 for the Premier Grand Cru statement), and now €14,000 for the next classification in 2022 (€21,000 for the Premier Grand Cru statement).

[www.vitisphere.com]

John

Why Are Some Bordeaux Wines So Expensive? Ask The Expert!
22 March 2021 12:53
Why Are Some Bordeaux Wines So Expensive? Ask The Expert!

Top Bordeaux wines are indeed some of the world’s most expensive, leading many people to wonder why. Are they really worth that much more than an ordinary Bordeaux? Wine enthusiasts who buy top Napa Valley Cabernet Sauvignon will find prices similar to those of top Bordeaux.

[www.reversewinesnob.com]

John

Mouton Cadet ventures into organic wines
22 March 2021 17:52
Mouton Cadet ventures into organic wines

At the ripe old age of 90, Mouton Cadet is reinventing itself by releasing an organic version. “This important day is the culmination of several years’ work”, stresses Philippe Sereys de Rothschild, CEO of Baron Philippe de Rothschild (BPR). “We began by getting our 250 partner winegrowers certified HVE (High Environmental Value) and by producing a wine without plant protection products classified as CMR (Carcinogenic, Mutagenic and Reprotoxic)”.

[www.vitisphere.com]

John

How Chateau Lafaurie-Peyraguey Is Rejuvenating The Old-Fashioned Image Of Sauternes Wines
22 March 2021 18:05
How Chateau Lafaurie-Peyraguey Is Rejuvenating The Old-Fashioned Image Of Sauternes Wines

David Bolzan, Managing Director of Vignobles Silvio Denz and Château Lafaurie-Peyraguey in Sauternes, discusses how the Lalique Hotel & Restaurant, the first high-end hotel located within a first-growth terroir, is changing the perception of Sauternes wines.

[www.forbes.com]

John

BORDEAUX 2018 REVISITED: THE RIGHT BANK SATELLITE APPELLATIONS
25 March 2021 18:03
BORDEAUX 2018 REVISITED: THE RIGHT BANK SATELLITE APPELLATIONS

Continuing his series on the challenging yet potentially excellent 2018 vintage, Colin Hay turns his attentions to the satellite appellations of the Right Bank, with detailed tasting notes on 70 wines. His Pomerol profile will follow shortly, with articles on each of the leading appellations of the Médoc and Pessac-Léognan to be published later in the year.

John

Du Petrus 2000 dans l’espace
24 March 2021 17:55
Du Petrus 2000 dans l’espace

On vient d’apprendre que les « fameuses » bouteilles envoyées dans l’espace via la fusée SpaceX Dragon en janvier 2020 viennent d’être transportées par avion à Bordeaux pour analyse.

[www.anthocyanes.fr]

John

Re: Du Petrus 2000 dans l’espace
24 March 2021 18:29
Nach ISS-Aufenthalt: Forscher untersuchen Weltraumwein

Forscher in Frankreich untersuchen ein Dutzend Weinflaschen, die sich an Bord der Internationalen Raumstation ISS befunden haben. Dabei vergleichen sie ihn mit Wein aus einer Flasche des gleichen Jahrgangs, die in einem Keller auf der Erde aufbewahrt worden war.

[rp-online.de]

John

25 March 2021 12:38
Space-aged Petrus tastes ‘more floral’ than Earth-aged equivalent

A bottle of Petrus aged for a year in space was found to be “softer” and “more floral” than its Earth-aged equivalent, hinting that its cosmic journey may have sped up the ageing process.

John

25 March 2021 18:14
French fine wine still fine after orbiting Earth

Bordeaux, France: It tastes like rose petals. It smells like a campfire. It glistens with a burnt-orange hue. What is it? A €5000 bottle of Petrus Pomerol wine that spent a year in space.

[www.brisbanetimes.com.au]

John

Vin – Qu’est-ce que les primeurs de Bordeaux ?
29 March 2021 17:24
Vin – Qu’est-ce que les primeurs de Bordeaux ?

Chaque année, lorsque le printemps arrive, vous entendez parler des primeurs de Bordeaux. Vous connaissez ces quelques mots, mais vous ne savez certainement pas ce qui est derrière. À la fin de cet article, vous serez un véritable professionnel sur le sujet !

[beaux-vins.com]

John

Understanding 21st Century Bordeaux Wines from Wine Reviews Using Naïve Bayes Classifier
06 April 2021 17:23
Understanding 21st Century Bordeaux Wines from Wine Reviews Using Naïve Bayes Classifier

The ancient beverage, wine, has remained popular in modern times. While the ancients had mostly wine available from neighboring vineyards, the number and variety of wines available for purchase have exploded in modern times. Consumers are assaulted with an endless number of varieties and flavors. Some examples include red wine, white wine, rose wine, starch-based wine, etc., which are then also based on a variety of grapes, fruits like apples, and berries. For a non-expert, unfamiliar with the various nuances that make each brand distinct, the complexity of decision making has vastly increased. In such a competitive market, wine reviews and rankings matter a lot since they become part of the heuristics that drive consumer’s decision making.

[www.ciencia-e-vinho.com]

John

Bordeaux vinyeards converting to organic gathers pace, after lagging behind rest of country
08 April 2021 17:34
Bordeaux vinyeards converting to organic gathers pace, after lagging behind rest of country

Increasing numbers of vineyards in Bordeaux are switching to organic methods of production, after lagging behind other French winemaking regions.

[app.vinex.market]

John

Bordeaux en primeur 2020: What to expect
08 April 2021 13:30
Bordeaux en primeur 2020: What to expect

Our Bordeaux correspondent, Colin Hay, gets the lowdown from a number of leading brokers and merchants on their expectations for the Bordeaux en primeur 2020 campaign.

John

Bordeaux 2020 vintage report – what to expect
11 April 2021 13:04
Bordeaux 2020 vintage report – what to expect

The Bordeaux 2020 en primeur campaign is on the horizon, with the best palates in the business preparing to rank the 2020 vintage. But how will things play out this year? Adam Lechmere has the lowdown from the people that matter

[cluboenologique.com]

John

Jean-Luc Thunevin: taking Château Valandraud to first growth status
15 April 2021 17:32
Jean-Luc Thunevin: taking Château Valandraud to first growth status

Jean-Luc Thunevin and his wife Murielle Andraud have become one of Bordeaux’s most formidable and respected wine producers, whose combined passion to make better wines every year drives them on harvest after harvest at Château Valandraud.

[www.the-buyer.net]

John

What Does Bordeaux En Primeurs Look Like in 2021?
15 April 2021 17:50
What Does Bordeaux En Primeurs Look Like in 2021?

Bordeaux wine is like the Big Bang Theory or Newton’s Laws of Motion. Universe-defining, omnipresent, and to many of us, if we’re honest, a bit mysterious. But by the time we reach full-blown adulthood, if we haven’t already absorbed an understanding of these great hulking entities, we don’t really want to admit it.

[www.alcoholprofessor.com]

John

Bordeaux en primeur 2020: The négociants’ perspective
21 April 2021 17:18
Bordeaux en primeur 2020: The négociants’ perspective

What should we expect from the Bordeaux 2020 en primeur campaign? Our Bordeaux correspondent, Colin Hay, spoke to a number of the leading negociants and châteaux to find out.

John

Bordeaux | Right bank vs left bank, what’s the difference?
26 April 2021 12:39
Bordeaux | Right bank vs left bank, what’s the difference?

Bordeaux’s winemaking land tends to be separated into three large areas in relation to the Garonne and Dordogne rivers: the right bank, the left bank, and the ‘Entre-deux-Mers’. The latter being reputed more for its dry whites and sweet wines, it won’t appear this time. A match, then, between the left and right banks, where we have a look at the differences in their soil, grape varietals, landscapes, and wine styles.

[www.idealwine.info]

John

What is a second wine?
26 April 2021 16:58
What is a second wine?

As prices for grands crus classés reach new heights, and just before the 2019 vintage comes onto the market, iDealwine takes a look at the Bordeaux specific phenomenon of « second wines ». Ancient tradition or marketing ploy? A good buy or a misguided choice?

[www.idealwine.info]

John

Girondins de Bordeaux : les réactions plutôt positives du monde du vin… sur le terrain de la reprise
27 April 2021 17:13
Girondins de Bordeaux : les réactions plutôt positives du monde du vin… sur le terrain de la reprise

24 heures après la tribune de François Pinault, visant un projet de reprise des Girondins par le monde du vin, les réactions ne se sont pas faites attendre. Côté châteaux a fait son tour d’horizon pour voir si le projet était crédible. On va dire que l’idée est très bien accueillie, en revanche il faut un leader ou des individualités fortes pour prendre en mains ce projet, car comme le résume le porte parole du club de supporters des ultras, « seuls les actes comptent ». Réaction également du maire de Bordeaux Pierre Hurmic.

[france3-regions.blog.francetvinfo.fr]

John

Bordeaux looks back on its 2020 vintage
28 April 2021 17:29
Bordeaux looks back on its 2020 vintage

“As the harvest got nearer, the Covid-19 pandemic caused a lot of concern among wine growers. Various adjustments had to be made, but the harvest nevertheless went ahead in good conditions”, recall Laurence Gény and Axel Marchal from the Institute of Vine and Wine Science (ISVV) in their newsletter on the 2020 vintage.

[www.vitisphere.com]

John

Here’s why Bordeaux should be cautious with en primeur pricing
30 April 2021 17:30
Here’s why Bordeaux should be cautious with en primeur pricing

With this year’s en primeur campaign fast approaching, we reveal why Bordeaux should be cautious when it comes to the pricing of the 2020 releases.

John

French vineyard is selling ‘digital bottles’ of its Bordeaux for more than £300
05 May 2021 17:10
French vineyard is selling ‘digital bottles’ of its Bordeaux for more than £300

French winemaker Château Darius is selling online images of wine bottles for more than £300 – capitalising on the surge in interest in non-fungible tokens, otherwise known as NFTs.

John

2020 à Bordeaux : un millésime d’interprétation
10 May 2021 17:11
2020 à Bordeaux : un millésime d’interprétation

Avant même d’être dégusté, le millésime 2020 était sur toutes les langues. D’abord, parce qu’il affiche deux nombres symboliques (20-20), faisant dire à de nombreux metteurs en marché que les affaires seraient florissantes ; ensuite parce qu’il est marqué à tout jamais par la pandémie de COVID-19 avec son lot d’incertitudes, de stress, de chamboulements économiques et de nécessaires adaptations ; également parce qu’il s’est construit avec les conséquences du réchauffement climatique qui semble être un bénéfice pour Bordeaux ; enfin et surtout parce qu’il s’inscrit dans une période qualitative exceptionnelle pour la région, ouverte par le millésime 2016 et, pour l’instant, refermée sur le millésime 2020.

[www.anthocyanes.fr]

John

The Remarkable Rise of Château Valandraud
10 May 2021 17:30
The Remarkable Rise of Château Valandraud

Château Valandraud started with very little, but today it is one of Saint-Émilion's hottest properties.

[www.wine-searcher.com]

John

All change in Bordeaux
10 May 2021 17:35
All change in Bordeaux

]Tasting the 2020s was a real joy – not least because so many producers are defying hot, dry years with delightfully fresh, expressive, 'new old' wines. See our guide to coverage of 2020 bordeaux. A version of this article is published by the Financial Times. Owners of the crus classés, members of UGCB, above.[/b

[www.jancisrobinson.com]

John

Ultimate Petrus Vertical Hits Santa Barbara
11 May 2021 17:34
Ultimate Petrus Vertical Hits Santa Barbara

You can now order one of 70 vintages of the legendary Pomerol off the wine list at a Californian restaurant.

[www.wine-searcher.com]

John

Cheval Blanc 2020 En Primeur – de officiële start
11 May 2021 17:38
Cheval Blanc 2020 En Primeur – the official start

Cheval Blanc has been released at £4,656 per 12×75, marking the official start to this year’s En Primeur campaign.
This price represents a 3.5% increase on the 2019’s UK release price but is 2.7% down on the 2019’s current Market Price.
The new vintage has been scored 99 points by Jean-Marc Quarin and given a barrel range of 95-97 from Peter Moser (Falstaff).

[www.liv-ex.com]

John

Bordeaux aims for 30% of its wines to be certified ‘Bordeaux Cultivons Demain’ by 2030
12 May 2021 16:58
Bordeaux aims for 30% of its wines to be certified ‘Bordeaux Cultivons Demain’ by 2030

At the Bordeaux wine marketing board’s AGM (CIVcool smiley on May 3, the region’s industry representatives noted the lack of interest in the Bordeaux wine industry by opinion-leaders and concluded that it was absolutely essential to develop and roll out its collective approach to Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR). Called ‘Bordeaux Cultivons Demain’, the sustainability certification process will launch this spring, after a year spent by a working group of 18 volunteer companies developing the scheme.

[www.vitisphere.com]

John

Sorry, alleen geregistreerde gebruikers mogen berichten plaatsen in dit forum.

Klik hier om in te loggen