Welkom! » Log in » Registreer een nieuw account

Bordeaux

Gepost door RobertKoopman 
Guy Seddon: Does Bordeaux 2020 make a ‘holy trinity’?
14 May 2021 17:23
Guy Seddon: Does Bordeaux 2020 make a ‘holy trinity’?

The Bordeaux 2020 en primeur campaign is underway and comparisons are already being drawn between 2018-20 and that other excellent trilogy of vintages 1988-90. Early indications are that it is a Right Bank year with Merlot, and the soils that dealt with fluctuating water tables, helping to produce the best wines. Here Corney & Barrow’s Bordeaux buyer Guy Seddon looks at the quality of the wines, the growing season, anticipates the pricing and gives a nice bit of insight into the psychology of the Bordelais.

[www.the-buyer.net]

John

Life is always better when I wine.

Koken is meer dan een recept.
Vintage 2020: Bordeaux Rolls Out Another Classic
14 May 2021 17:24
Vintage 2020: Bordeaux Rolls Out Another Classic

The release of the 2020 wines shows the lockdown vintage lived up to its promise.

[www.wine-searcher.com]

John

Bordeaux En Primeur 2021: Médoc
17 May 2021 17:02
Bordeaux En Primeur 2021: Médoc

Die Weine des Médoc sind auf einem sehr hohen Qualitätsniveau und erfüllen damit per se die Ansprüche, die einen Subskriptionskauf sinnvoll erscheinen lassen. Auch wenn die Preise im Vergleich zum ausgesprochen wohlfeilen Jahrgang 2019 etwas angeziehen werden, so liegen sie immer noch auf sehr ansprechendem Niveau.

[www.falstaff.de]

John

Best 2020 Pessac Leognan Wines, Tasting Notes, Ratings, Harvest Reports
06 June 2021 15:14
Best 2020 Pessac Leognan Wines, Tasting Notes, Ratings, Harvest Reports

2020 Pessac Leognan began the growing season with on again-off again weather pattern. Guillaume Pouthier of Chateau Les Carmes Haut Brion recalls some of the challenges he faced in the vineyards.

[www.thewinecellarinsider.com]

John

SPARKLING SAUTERNES!
07 June 2021 17:32
SPARKLING SAUTERNES!

I bought several bottles at a local wine shop not long ago and the owner was kind enough to add a free 50 cl. bottle of Sauternes (pictured) for me to try.
Seeing as it’s melon season here, and that melon, Parma ham, and Sauternes is a marriage made in heaven, I opened the bottle yesterday at lunch.

[www.bordeauxwineblog.com]

John

2020 Bordeaux ‘highest scoring vintage ever’ at top end
12 June 2021 11:23
2020 Bordeaux ‘highest scoring vintage ever’ at top end

Based on a basket of 115 top wines, the 2020 Bordeaux vintage has been awarded the highest scores ever by Wine Lister’s partner critics.

[harpers.co.uk]

John

How Château Lafite Changed the World of Wine
15 June 2021 17:14
How Château Lafite Changed the World of Wine

A single night in Hong Kong in 2010 proved a turning point in the history of wine

[www.pix.wine]

John

Bordeaux 2020: “highly complex,” says Matthew Jukes
15 June 2021 17:16
Bordeaux 2020: “highly complex,” says Matthew Jukes

Matthew Jukes has awarded 30 wines with “gold medal” scores (18.5 and above).
“Stocks are down so speed is of the essence,” advises Jukes.
First Growths Haut Brion, Margaux and Mouton Rothschild receive his highest scores.

[www.liv-ex.com]

John

Updated: Bordeaux Is Back And Prices Are Rising: 2020 Futures Prices and Analysis
30 June 2021 17:11
Updated: Bordeaux Is Back And Prices Are Rising: 2020 Futures Prices and Analysis

Mouton-Rothschild, Margaux, Haut-Brion, Palmer, Smith-Haut-Lafitte and other big names release futures. And prices are starting to increase dramatically

[www.winespectator.com]

John

Bordeaux Giants Quit the Classification System
12 July 2021 17:16
Bordeaux Giants Quit the Classification System

A bolt from the blue in Bordeaux, where two prestige producers say au revoir to the Saint-Émilion classification.

[www.wine-searcher.com]

John

Chateaux Ausone and Cheval Blanc are no longer to be part of the St Emilion Cru Classé system
13 July 2021 17:18
Chateaux Ausone and Cheval Blanc are no longer to be part of the St Emilion Cru Classé system

Does it matter? Robert Joseph has a few thoughts on the matter

[www.wine-business-international.com]

John

Shake-up in Saint-Emilion | Bordeaux’s finest bow out
19 July 2021 17:21
Shake-up in Saint-Emilion | Bordeaux’s finest bow out

The Saint-Emilion classification has been around since 1995. Created by the viticultural union of Saint-Emilion wines, it exists for the promotion of the Bordeaux appellation’s grands crus, keeping the bar of excellence high. Every ten years, the classification is reviewed by the INAO to judge whether its members are still up to scratch, and whether others might be deemed worthy. And whilst the prestige of a Saint-Emilion label is much admired by amateurs and professionals alike, what goes on behind the scenes is not so straightforward.

[www.idealwine.info]

John

Bordeaux goes to the reserves
22 July 2021 17:06
Bordeaux goes to the reserves

CIVB releases Bordeaux wine reserves from 2020.

John

Cheval-Blanc and Ausone Say Adieu to St.-Emilion Classification. Does It Matter?
26 July 2021 17:28
Cheval-Blanc and Ausone Say Adieu to St.-Emilion Classification. Does It Matter?

Owners of two storied Bordeaux estates say that the rankings should focus more on wine quality; merchants say top wineries will be fine, but lesser-known estates may suffer

[www.winespectator.com]

John

Flooded Vineyards and Hot Bordeaux
26 July 2021 17:32
Flooded Vineyards and Hot Bordeaux

Floods cause more heartache in Europe, while dodgy wine is dealt a blow across Europe in this week's news roundup.

[www.wine-searcher.com]

John

AOC Médoc, Haut-Médoc and Listrac-Médoc to enforce mandatory environmental certification in two years’ time
29 July 2021 16:55
AOC Médoc, Haut-Médoc and Listrac-Médoc to enforce mandatory environmental certification in two years’ time

At an extraordinary general meeting on 5 July, the Médoc, Haut-Médoc and Listrac-Médoc appellation board validated its plans to incorporate agro-environmental measures into its new specifications. A majority of Médoc firms gave the green light to “the ban on total chemical weeding” - or blanket spraying weedkillers – and “mandatory performance measuring for use of plant protection products”, by calculating the Treatment Frequency Index or TFI. The two measures have already been adopted by other Gironde appellations after AOC Bordeaux, which voted in favour of it in 2017 and has been applying it since 2019.

[www.vitisphere.com]

John

Two + Two = Trouble
29 July 2021 17:00
Two + Two = Trouble

Social media burst a blood vessel on 9 July when it was announced that the two original Saint-Émilion Grand Cru Classé “A”, Cheval Blanc and Ausone, had not submitted their application dossiers for the 2022 classification, nor for sister estates Quinault l’Enclos and La Clotte.

[www.vinous.com]

John

Opinion: A 3rd straight excellent vintage for Bordeaux wines — what does this mean for prices?
04 August 2021 18:57
Opinion: A 3rd straight excellent vintage for Bordeaux wines — what does this mean for prices?

This model warns against an increase of more than 10% for fine wines

[www.marketwatch.com]

John

Re: Opinion: A 3rd straight excellent vintage for Bordeaux wines — what does this mean for prices?
06 August 2021 10:19
In focus: How Ausone and Cheval Blanc’s exit will affect St. Emilion

Our Bordeaux correspondent, Colin Hay, explores the reasons behind Cheval Blanc and Ausone’s shock exit from the St. Emilion classification system, and the ramifications for the region going forward.

[www.thedrinksbusiness.com]

John

Domaine Clarence Dillon buys Château Grand Pontet
09 August 2021 17:04
Domaine Clarence Dillon buys Château Grand Pontet

The owners of Bordeaux First Growth Haut-Brion have expanded their vineyard holdings in the Right Bank, with the purchase of St-Emilion estate Château Grand Pontet.

John

Spotlight on sustainability: Domaine Thibault Liger-Belair
11 August 2021 17:08
Spotlight on sustainability: Domaine Thibault Liger-Belair

Winemaker Thibault Liger-Belair among the barrels nosing a glass of red Burgundy.
Thibault Liger-Belair is waiting for the moon to change. He needs it to bring new weather because enough rain is, well, enough. “It’s a waning moon, so we hope it brings the sun back next week,” he explains, holding up his biodynamic calendar (his “bible”).

[blog.bbr.com]

John

Anyone for seconds? How second wines became a top investment
11 August 2021 17:11
Anyone for seconds? How second wines became a top investment

With Carruades de Lafite 2020 being released at over £2,100 a case this year, Richard Woodard charts the rapid rise of second wines and explores what lies in store for them.

John

Tesseron Family Sells Bordeaux's Château Lafon-Rochet
13 September 2021 17:18
Tesseron Family Sells Bordeaux's Château Lafon-Rochet

Real-estate magnate and rugby team owner Jacky Lorenzetti adds the St.-Estèphe winery to his growing collection of top Left Bank estates

[www.winespectator.com]

John

Bordeaux 2021 weather report
15 September 2021 17:09
Bordeaux 2021 weather report

With a couple of weeks to go before the harvest, the weather in Bordeaux remains extremely unpredictable and the 2021 vintage hangs in the balance, reports Colin Hay.

John

Three new Bordeaux estates join Bibendum Bordeaux project
21 September 2021 17:00
Three new Bordeaux estates join Bibendum Bordeaux project

Bibendum Wine has announced that three new top Bordeaux estates have joined its Bordeaux fine wine project, which was launched in partnership with négociant, Compagnie Medocaine, last year.

[harpers.co.uk]

John

Risers and fallers in the 2021 Classification
22 September 2021 17:00
Risers and fallers in the 2021 Classification

Italy was the big winner of this year’s Liv-ex Classification, while it was Bordeaux labels that tumbled down the charts. But which wines went up and which went down?

[www.liv-ex.com]

John

Bordeaux winemakers stand trial for ‘rigging’ Grand Cru rankings
22 September 2021 17:16
Bordeaux winemakers stand trial for ‘rigging’ Grand Cru rankings

Two wine barons are facing up to five years in prison for manipulating the rankings of their wines within the Saint Emilion classification system in order to push prices up.

John

Re: Bordeaux winemakers stand trial for ‘rigging’ Grand Cru rankings
24 September 2021 17:05
More storms in St Emilion

Trial opened against Chateau owner in St Emilion

John

Crunch time for Margaux crisps?
24 September 2021 17:09
Crunch time for Margaux crisps?

Packets of ‘Chips de Margaux’ or ‘Margaux crisps’ by ‘Domaine de la Croustille’, which come in a range of flavours, from Guérande salt to Nepalese pepper and summer truffle, clearly claim connections with the world of fine Médoc wines. Use of expressions such as ‘cooked on the estate’ and ‘100% Médoc expertise’ only corroborate the crisps’ supposed origins, despite the fact that the company's head office is in Hourtins, a non-wine-producing town along the coast. This type of allusion to the world of wine raises the hackles of Édouard Miailhe, chair of the Margaux AOC wine producers’ organisation, which has 65 member chateaux: “To conflate Margaux and potatoes is wrong! This must stop, Margaux is a name that should be protected, not weakened”.

[www.vitisphere.com]

John

Exclusive: Haut-Brion Owners Expand Plans on Bordeaux’s Right Bank, Buy Château Grand-Pontet
24 September 2021 17:18
Exclusive: Haut-Brion Owners Expand Plans on Bordeaux’s Right Bank, Buy Château Grand-Pontet

Prince Robert de Luxembourg says they will combine the St.-Emilion winery with Château Quintus

[www.winespectator.com]

John

Sorry, alleen geregistreerde gebruikers mogen berichten plaatsen in dit forum.

Klik hier om in te loggen