Welkom! » Log in » Registreer een nieuw account

Bordeaux

Gepost door RobertKoopman 
Santa Rita’s Casa Real wine joins La Place de Bordeaux
01 October 2021 11:54
Santa Rita’s Casa Real wine joins La Place de Bordeaux

Viña Santa Rita has revealed that Casa Real Reserva Especial has joined the great wines of the world on La Place de Bordeaux.

[www.thedrinksbusiness.com]

John

Life is always better when I wine.

Koken is meer dan een recept.
Lagrange the first chateau to be audited for ‘Bordeaux Cultivons demain’
01 October 2021 12:00
Lagrange the first chateau to be audited for ‘Bordeaux Cultivons demain’

An auditor from Bureau Veritas accredited by the Bordeaux wine marketing council (CIVcool smiley has just spent a whole day at Château Lagrange. “He came to validate our application of the Bordeaux Cultivons demain standard, based on the international ISO 26000 standard”, explains Benjamin Vimal, deputy director of the Saint-Julien Grand Cru Classé.

[www.vitisphere.com]

John

Is Bordeaux 2017 vintage worth paying a premium?
11 November 2021 17:55
Is Bordeaux 2017 vintage worth paying a premium?

The annual Southwold Tasting of wines discovered that while whites from 2017 have fulfilled their potential, the reds leave something to be desired and other vintages are better value.

John

The first sulphite-free organic wine by an 1855-classified Cru Classé
21 November 2021 11:49
The first sulphite-free organic wine by an 1855-classified Cru Classé

“The first natural organic wine with no added sulphites sourced from the vineyards of an 1855-classified Pauillac Grand Cru”, Cérès is one of the most innovative wines in Bordeaux, claims Château Haut-Bages Libéral. The 2020 vintage AOC Haut-Médoc “ticks all the boxes. It comes from a biodynamic vineyard with ground cover and trees in the vineyards. And what's more, it has no added sulphites”, says Claire Villars-Lurton, owner of the Grand Cru, who has a fairly high intolerance herself to sulphites.

[www.vitisphere.com]

John

Ornellaia and Masseto to open office in Bordeaux
21 November 2021 12:39
Ornellaia and Masseto to open office in Bordeaux

Top Tuscan estates Ornellaia and Masseto, along with Tenuta Luce and Castelgiocondo, are to set up an office in Bordeaux in an attempt to work more closely with the city’s négociants – the drinks business is the first to report.

John

Re: Ornellaia and Masseto to open office in Bordeaux
22 November 2021 14:09
Frescobaldi opens office in Bordeaux

The family-owned Tuscan company demonstrates its understanding of the value of the Place de Bordeaux – and its limitations.

[www.wine-business-international.com]

John

Hubert de Boüard won’t appeal the ‘unfair’ Bordeaux criminal court’s judgement
21 November 2021 12:56
Hubert de Boüard won’t appeal the ‘unfair’ Bordeaux criminal court’s judgement

Hubert de Boüard has indicated that he will neither contest nor appeal the judgement of the Bordeaux criminal court which found him guilty of an illegal conflict of interest last month – but made it very clear that he finds the decision of the tribunal unjust.

John

The New Wave of Cahors Malbec
22 November 2021 14:24
The New Wave of Cahors Malbec

Once known for rich reds, the French region is making lighter, fresher styles

[www.pix.wine]

John

Foster + Partners nestles Le Dôme winery in French vineyards
22 November 2021 14:01
Foster + Partners nestles Le Dôme winery in French vineyards

The medieval commune St Emilion forms the backdrop to a low-lying winery that British architecture studio Foster + Partners has completed for French wine producer Le Dôme.

[www.dezeen.com]

John

How Crus Bourgeois 2019 is a real line in the sand for Bordeaux
25 November 2021 13:33
How Crus Bourgeois 2019 is a real line in the sand for Bordeaux

It’s been two years since the Alliance of Crus Bourgeois du Médoc has staged a tasting event, last week’s London tasting being the first anywhere since Covid. In that time it has implemented a new 3-tier quality classification, got Latour’s ex assistant winemaker as its new president, and is set to host Good Wines Only, a tasting-music festival with 6,000 Parisians invited – to help prove that Bordeaux can be fun as well as simply traditional.

[www.the-buyer.net]

John

Focusing on ‘Luxury’ and ‘Masstige’, TWE buys big in Napa, and small in Bordeaux.
25 November 2021 13:16
Focusing on ‘Luxury’ and ‘Masstige’, TWE buys big in Napa, and small in Bordeaux.

The giant Australien wine company enlarges its portfolio with Frank Family Vineyards in Napa valley and three small Bordeaux chateaux. The acquisitions are part of a larger strategy to focus more on the premium wine sector.

John

Bordeaux Symposium: Time to put people at head of sustainability agenda
12 December 2021 13:55
Bordeaux Symposium: Time to put people at head of sustainability agenda

Bordeaux is expanding and re-drawing its definition of sustainability via a new strategy which aims to put people – and ecosystems in which people want to work – at the heart of its environmental agenda for 2022.

[harpers.co.uk]

John

Grand Cru Bordeaux goes organic
14 December 2021 12:49
Grand Cru Bordeaux goes organic

This rather lengthy headline caught my eye.

“The first natural organic wine with no added sulphites sourced from the vineyards of an 1855-classified Pauillac Grand Cru.”

[www.therealreview.com]

John

How the ‘Bad Boy’ of Bordeaux Is Shaking Up a 300-Year-Old Winery and Its Historic Chateau
14 December 2021 13:05
How the ‘Bad Boy’ of Bordeaux Is Shaking Up a 300-Year-Old Winery and Its Historic Chateau

From the wine to the contemporary art, modernity now reigns at the storied Château Ducru-Beaucaillou.

[robbreport.com]

John

St Emilion producer teams up with fictional gangster in Bordeaux pop up shop
17 December 2021 13:17
St Emilion producer teams up with fictional gangster in Bordeaux pop up shop

Chateau Angelus has featured in two Bond movies. The owner of some rather humbler St Emilion estates has created a rather different link with a popular British TV series

John

New Bordeaux Classification Heads to Court
22 December 2021 13:11
New Bordeaux Classification Heads to Court

Winemakers in Saint-Émilion could be forgiven for thinking that it never rains but it pours.

[www.wine-searcher.com]

John

« La Conseillante, une passion familiale depuis 150 ans » en Pomerol
03 January 2022 17:58
« La Conseillante, une passion familiale depuis 150 ans » en Pomerol

C’est un joli ouvrage qui est sorti en cette fin d’année, un livre consacré à l’histoire de cette fameuse propriété de Pomerol, dans la famille Nicolas depuis 150 ans. A lire sans modération.

[france3-regions.blog.francetvinfo.fr]

John

Sweet White Bordeaux Wine Gaining Attention From Younger Consumers And Gourmets
03 January 2022 18:13
Sweet White Bordeaux Wine Gaining Attention From Younger Consumers And Gourmets

When most people think of Bordeaux, a big hearty red wine comes to mind. Yet semi-sweet and sweet white wines have been made in Bordeaux since the 16th century. Long considered to be only a beverage to sip after dinner, such as a sweet Sauternes or Barsac, there is another section of Bordeaux that is beginning to gain more attention for their sweet wines – especially from young consumers and gourmets. Created in 2009 by the Union des Grands Vins de Bordeaux Sweet, the 8 appellations that make up ‘Sweet White Bordeaux’ are gaining more traction in Europe, and making inroads into the U.S. market.

[lizthachmw.com]

John

Sauternes – the longest-lived wine?
17 January 2022 17:51
Sauternes – the longest-lived wine?

David Dugdale was a successful Yorkshire businessman who was mad about music but also got the wine bug in a big way. He died in 2010 but he left quite a legacy, a posthumous reward perhaps for Kate, his much younger widow, who in his last years made sure that he could enjoy outings to Glyndebourne, Wigmore Hall and the Royal Opera House just as much as he had done before he was confined to a wheelchair.

[www.jancisrobinson.com]

John

Angélus to withdraw from Saint-Émilion classification
05 January 2022 18:27
Angélus to withdraw from Saint-Émilion classification

Château Angélus is to become the third Premier Grand Cru Classé A property to withdraw from the Saint-Émilion classification system, it has been reported.

John

Re: Angélus to withdraw from Saint-Émilion classification
10 January 2022 14:23
St-Emilion council defends classification after Angélus withdrawal

St-Emilion's wine council has said it will press ahead with the 2022 Classification, despite expressing regret that Angélus has become the third high-profile estate after Cheval Blanc and Ausone to withdraw its candidacy.

[www.decanter.com]

John

11 January 2022 18:17
St Emilion, a playground for lawyers

No other appellation or classification in France or elsewhere rivals St Emilion in the creation of regular disputes between estate owners and the authorities, and each other. And, as the most recent verdict by the Bordeaux court against the INAO reveals, nothing has changed.

John

13 January 2022 18:13
Château Angélus Exits St.-Emilion Classification. Will Controversy Go with It?

Less than a decade after the Bordeaux winery was promoted to the Right Bank appellation’s top level, its owners decide the endless court cases over rankings aren’t worth the trouble

[www.winespectator.com]

John

18 January 2022 17:58
Classement 2022 de Saint-Emilion: les mises au point de Croix de Labrie et Tour Saint-Christophe

Récemment, nous vous parlions du retrait de château Angélus du futur classement de Saint-Emilion. Celui-ci était survenu après une action récente de deux châteaux devant le tribunal administratif de Bordeaux. Ces deux châteaux tiennent à faire une précision par rapport à leur action.

[france3-regions.blog.francetvinfo.fr]

John

Margaux wine estate to sell ‘earth art’ as NFT
18 January 2022 18:09
Margaux wine estate to sell ‘earth art’ as NFT

Château Cantenac Brown has commissioned artist David Popa to create artwork using the soil within the estate and plans to sell it as an NFT.

John

Standing Up for Saint-Émilion
26 January 2022 11:04
Standing Up for Saint-Émilion

The Saint-Émilion classification has been suffering death by a thousand cuts, but it still matters to the little guys.

[www.wine-searcher.com]

John

A classification in crisis? What’s next for Saint-Émilion
02 February 2022 18:36
A classification in crisis? What’s next for Saint-Émilion

There’s a new orthodoxy suggesting the Saint-Émilion classification is proof that renewable and competitive systems of classification simply do not work. However, our Bordeaux correspondent Colin Hay, disagrees, arguing that far from celebrating the seeming demise of this most contested of vinous classificatory schema, we should be striving to restore and perfect it.

John

Why is it Château in Bordeaux and Domaine in Burgundy?
10 February 2022 17:51
Why is it Château in Bordeaux and Domaine in Burgundy?

There are 10,000 of them in the Gironde, yet the term “château” only became widespread quite recently, in the 19th century. Why do we use this word in Bordeaux but not in Burgundy? History has played a part, but the answer also lies in the fundamentally different way these two types of French wine estates operate.

[www.idealwine.info]

John

Bordeaux Prepares for Hybrid Grapes
14 February 2022 18:45
Bordeaux Prepares for Hybrid Grapes

France may be forced to overturn its ban on winemaking from hybrid varieties and Bordeaux is already investigating their use.

[www.wine-searcher.com]

John

Château d’Yquem embraces change
16 February 2022 18:46
Château d’Yquem embraces change

The release of the 2019 vintage of Château d’Yquem marks a change of direction for the world’s most famous sweet wine, with a focus on persuading people to drink it younger, and by the glass. Richard Woodard reports…

John

Sorry, alleen geregistreerde gebruikers mogen berichten plaatsen in dit forum.

Klik hier om in te loggen