Welkom! » Log in » Registreer een nieuw account

Bordeaux

Gepost door RobertKoopman 
Bordeaux: Just Add Water
08 August 2022 17:29
Bordeaux: Just Add Water

August is a quiet month in Europe for winemakers, but high temperatures might change that.

[www.wine-searcher.com]

John

Life is always better when I wine.

Koken is meer dan een recept.
Bordeaux's Contentious Classification Strikes Again
23 August 2022 12:19
Bordeaux's Contentious Classification Strikes Again

There are more changes ahead for Bordeaux's most incident-packed classification – Saint-Émilion.

[www.wine-searcher.com]

John

Heat Prompts Early Start for Bordeaux
23 August 2022 12:21
Heat Prompts Early Start for Bordeaux

A savage heatwave and drought conditions saw growers start to bring in the grapes this week in Bordeaux.

[www.wine-searcher.com]

John

The impact of Cheval Blanc, Ausone and Angélus’ withdrawal from the Saint-Émilion classification
27 August 2022 12:55
The impact of Cheval Blanc, Ausone and Angélus’ withdrawal from the Saint-Émilion classification

Following the withdrawal of Cheval Blanc, Ausone and Angélus from the Saint-Émilion classification, Pavie is the only Premier Grand Cru Classé A estate remaining.

There has been no discernible effect on their secondary market performance since their decision to leave.

Cheval Blanc has been the top-traded and best-performing estate.

[www.liv-ex.com]

John

The dangers of expansion: will La Place de Bordeaux become too crowded?
27 August 2022 12:52
The dangers of expansion: will La Place de Bordeaux become too crowded?

Fine wine marketplace La Place de Bordeaux is evolving and expanding in tune with the increasing diversity of the secondary market – but it offers newcomers no guarantee of instant success, cautions a new report from Liv-ex.

[www.thedrinksbusiness.com]

John

Re: The dangers of expansion: will La Place de Bordeaux become too crowded?
28 August 2022 12:23
La Place finds new lease of life outside Bordeaux

La Place de Bordeaux, the historic distribution network that was first established to distribute Bordeaux fine wines, has found a new lease of life outside the French wine region with the autumn release of non-Bordeaux fine wines steadily gaining traction.

[vino-joy.com]

John

Bordeaux's Dominant Position Weakens
31 August 2022 16:52
Bordeaux's Dominant Position Weakens

Our news roundup finds some interesting snippets about Bordeaux, rosé and wine's version of taking coals to Newcastle.

[www.wine-searcher.com]

John

Bordeaux wine harvest will not have a 'smoky' taste after summer wildfires, winemakers say
31 August 2022 17:17
Bordeaux wine harvest will not have a 'smoky' taste after summer wildfires, winemakers say

Tests carried out on grapes to be harvested for wine in France's famous Bordeaux region show that the new vintage will not have a smoky taste as feared. This after massive fires swept through the southwest destroying thousands of hectares of forest near the vineyards over the summer.

[uk.news.yahoo.com]

John

Frost, hail and heat, but Bordeaux predicts ‘quality is there’ in 2022
07 September 2022 13:10
Frost, hail and heat, but Bordeaux predicts ‘quality is there’ in 2022

Having experienced one of its earliest starts to harvest on record, and with climatic extremes to the fore throughout growing season, Bordeaux is predicting a “very promising” vintage, according to Vins de Bordeaux.

[harpers.co.uk]

John

Bordeaux Dodges Smoke Bomb
07 September 2022 13:13
Bordeaux Dodges Smoke Bomb

Smoke, strong whiskey and celebrity Champagne? It must be time for another weekly news roundup.

[www.wine-searcher.com]

John

Classement de Saint-Emilion 2022
10 September 2022 08:31
Classement de Saint-Emilion 2022

Le classement de Saint-Emilion en 2022 est enfin sorti. Après de multiples rebondissements se concrétisant par la sortie de domaines emblématiques, le classement de Saint-Emilion révisé tous les 10 ans est désormais officiel.

[www.anthocyanes.fr]

John

Re: Classement de Saint-Emilion 2022
10 September 2022 08:51
St Emilion 2022 Classification crowns new Right Bank First Growth

After months of controversy, the latest edition of the ten-yearly St Emilion classification is here – and there is just one new Premier Grand Cru Classé A to take the places vacated by Châteaux Cheval Blanc, Ausone and Angélus, who all abdicated their titles within the last 14 months.

[janeanson.com]

John

Figeac Finally First in New St-Emilion Classification
13 September 2022 11:34
Figeac Finally First in New St-Emilion Classification

Chateau Figeac dramatically breaks into the top tier upon release of the 2022 Saint-Émilion classification.

[www.wine-searcher.com]

John

Re: Figeac Finally First in New St-Emilion Classification
13 September 2022 11:48
The Saint-Émilion Classification passes its credibility test

8 September 2022 brought saw the publication of the INAO’s new classification of the wines of Saint-Émilion and, with it, a huge collective sigh of relief from the vineyards of this most hallowed of right-bank appellations.

John

More Bordeaux Estates Change Hands
05 October 2022 13:40
More Bordeaux Estates Change Hands

Big moves in Bordeaux, a wine writer spat and blind-tasting championship news – it's been a big wine week.

[www.wine-searcher.com]

John

The Curse Of Bordeaux
08 October 2022 09:45
The Curse Of Bordeaux

We splashed in the Saint Emilion lavoir, desperate to cool off on a 39-degree day in August. Yet this wasn’t when the weirdness of this broiling year really hit me. Nor was it as I surveyed ruined maize and sunflowers in the Loire days later, leaves burnt brown by months of record temperatures. The moment I realised climate change was an emergency was when I was driving on the A10 motorway and passed a convoy of German fire engines lent by the city of Bonn speeding in the opposite direction to tackle huge fires south west of Bordeaux.

[timatkin.com]

John

Taking an Honest Look at Bordeaux
08 October 2022 09:58
Taking an Honest Look at Bordeaux

Bordeaux can be confusing for consumers, so it's good to find an honest guide to this much-hyped region.

[www.wine-searcher.com]

John

Bordeaux Company Uses AI to Derive Universal Meaning from Scattered International Tasting Notes
25 October 2022 10:03
Bordeaux Company Uses AI to Derive Universal Meaning from Scattered International Tasting Notes

WINE TASTING NOTES ARE close to babble even under the best circumstances. Now imagine trying to learn something from notes in seven different languages. That’s where a new artificial intelligence (AI) application can help.

[www.winebusiness.com]

John

Why is blending such a key part of making wines in Bordeaux?
09 November 2022 13:16
Why is blending such a key part of making wines in Bordeaux?

This week, Bordeaux Wines was in the UK showcasing the art of blending wines in a series of immersive sessions titled Bordeaux Blend. In this series of trade and consumer masterclasses, participants were guided through the basic premise of how and why the vignerons of Bordeaux blend their wines before they were unleashed on test tubes and pipettes to produce their own special cuvée. We sent The Buyer’s Mike Turner, himself a certified Bordeaux Educator, along to find out why blending is so key to the wines of Bordeaux and also if his own blending skills were up to scratch…

[www.the-buyer.net]

John

Lawrence Family Wine Estates reveals plan to bring Château Lascombes to its ‘full potential’
09 November 2022 13:44
Lawrence Family Wine Estates reveals plan to bring Château Lascombes to its ‘full potential’

Carlton McCoy, managing partner of Lawrence Family Wine Estates, said that he felt Château Lascombes “hasn’t made great wines consistently in recent years”, and that his firm had plans to improve its farming practises. However, there is local disquiet that one of Bordeaux’s top châteaux is no longer French-owned.

John

How Bees And Bats Help Bordeaux Create High Quality Sustainable Wines
09 November 2022 13:49
How Bees And Bats Help Bordeaux Create High Quality Sustainable Wines

Did you know that bats eat between 500 and 1500 insects per night, and that bees are responsible for 80% of the pollination of plants for biodiversity? But what does that have to do with producing high-quality sustainable wine? In the Bordeaux wine region a group of enterprising winegrowers, with support from the Bordeaux Wine Council (CIVB.VB +0.2%), are conducting research studies to answer this question. These efforts are part of Bordeaux’s strategy to adapt to climate change and to reduce their environmental footprint.

[www.forbes.com]

John

Château Lafite Rothschild Debuts Its First New Wine Label in More Than a Century
28 November 2022 17:52
Château Lafite Rothschild Debuts Its First New Wine Label in More Than a Century

You'll be able to find Anseillan du Château Lafite Rothschild for under $100.

[robbreport.com]

John

Cru de Bourgeois mulls move to alternative formats and climate-resistant varieties
30 November 2022 18:34
Cru de Bourgeois mulls move to alternative formats and climate-resistant varieties

Cru Bourgeois de Medoc is looking at extending to new formats such as Bag-in-box for its wines, as well as more climate resistant grape varieties that will combat the challenges the region is facing.

John

Devil's Advocate - Bordeaux - the Rich Get Richer, While the Poor Uproot Their Vines
06 December 2022 18:21
Devil's Advocate - Bordeaux - the Rich Get Richer, While the Poor Uproot Their Vines

Robert Joseph looks beyond the financially attractive top Grands Crus Classés, at the far less successful mass of Bordeaux and its sub-appellations where large swathes of vines are due to be uprooted.

[www.wine-business-international.com]

John

Is ‘borderless’ wine the future?
12 December 2022 18:05
Is ‘borderless’ wine the future?

A new wine, dubbed “solidarity in a bottle”, poses the question of whether the wine trade should focus less on singular provenance to survive.

John

Bordeaux Vignerons Take to the Streets in Protest
23 December 2022 13:46
Bordeaux Vignerons Take to the Streets in Protest

Bordeaux’s vignerons took to the streets in protest on Tuesday, drawing attention to the alarming situation facing the region’s winegrowers. Their demands include the grubbing up of vineyards, along with emergency government aid.

[www.wine-business-international.com]

John

How Château Biac has become a rising star of Côtes de Bordeaux
27 December 2022 18:40
How Château Biac has become a rising star of Côtes de Bordeaux

The Asseily family may come from Lebanon, but since they took over Château Biac in 2006, in the heart of Côtes de Bordeaux, they have become very much part of the winemaking community not just in their area, but across Bordeaux. Bringing their own philosophy and ideas to a region that is still very much open to new ideas – and families. Here Gabriel Asseily explains the painstaking steps they have taken to build Château Biac up from scratch to become one of the new rising stars of Bordeaux.

[www.the-buyer.net]

John

The Existential Crisis of Bordeaux's Small Grapegrowers
05 January 2023 18:14
The Existential Crisis of Bordeaux's Small Grapegrowers

Protesters carried dead vines through the streets of Bordeaux, pleading for help as shrinking wine consumption in France and changes in China have left them facing ruin

[www.winespectator.com]

John

Will there be a direct UK wine-train to Bordeaux by 2026?
05 January 2023 18:20
Will there be a direct UK wine-train to Bordeaux by 2026?

As the UK sees yet another round of train strikes, there may be good news for train-travelling wine lovers, as HS1 – which operates the UK leg of the Channel Tunnel railway line – is planning to open a new route from London straight to the vineyards of Bordeaux.

John

PAUILLAC AND ST. JULIEN LEAD THE WAY FOR BORDEAUX REDS, PLUS OPULENCE FROM CHINA: WEEKLY TASTING REPORT (DEC 28-JAN 3)
07 January 2023 10:55
PAUILLAC AND ST. JULIEN LEAD THE WAY FOR BORDEAUX REDS, PLUS OPULENCE FROM CHINA: WEEKLY TASTING REPORT (DEC 28-JAN 3)

The Bordeaux reds that we tasted over the last week in this report are pointing toward a great year for Pauillac and St. Julien and we haven’t even reviewed such names as Mouton, Latour or Lafite. But chateaus such as Pichon-Baron, Pichon Lalande, Lynch-Bages (see their scores in last week’s report), and even Langoa Barton have made some stellar wines in 2020.

[www.jamessuckling.com]

John

Sorry, alleen geregistreerde gebruikers mogen berichten plaatsen in dit forum.

Klik hier om in te loggen