Welkom! » Log in » Registreer een nieuw account

Bordeaux

Gepost door RobertKoopman 
Re: Bordeaux: Sechs neue Rebsorten zugelassen
29 January 2021 19:21
Meet the ‘new’ Bordeaux wine grapes

Do you know your Marselan from your Castets? Six 'new' grape varieties have now been approved for use in Bordeaux wines and the first plantings are expected in 2021.

[www.decanter.com]

John

Life is always better when I wine.

Koken is meer dan een recept.
Re: Bordeaux: Sechs neue Rebsorten zugelassen
03 February 2021 19:23
Bordeaux winemakers cope with climate change with newly approved grape varieties

Winemaking in Bordeaux has a long-standing tradition of blending a selection of permitted grapes to best effect. The enduring popularity of these wines has made cabernet sauvignon and merlot the most widely planted wine grapes in the world, but concerns about the future have opened the door to some new varieties to help combat climate change.

[www.theglobeandmail.com]

John

BORDEAUX PROFILE: CHÂTEAU CLIMENS
11 February 2021 19:09
BORDEAUX PROFILE: CHÂTEAU CLIMENS

In the fourth of a series exploring the history, market performance, recent and, in this case less recent, vintages of some of Bordeaux’s leading estates, Colin Hay benefits from the privilege of a rare vertical tasting at the château with proprietor Berenice Lurton to look at the remarkable consistency and timeless beauty of the wines of Château Climens in Barsac.

[www.thedrinksbusiness.com]

John

Bordeaux Aims to Protect its Future with New Grape Varieties
09 February 2021 20:06
Bordeaux Aims to Protect its Future with New Grape Varieties

Climate change and rising temperature degrees are of intense interest to wine producers. With each degree that temperatures increase, higher alcohol-by-volume (abv) measures soon follow. Red wines that were 12% abv 30 years ago have crept up to 13.5%, 14.5% and even 15% in the 2018 Bordeaux vintage.

[www.winemag.com]

John

Re: Bordeaux Aims to Protect its Future with New Grape Varieties
12 February 2021 19:16
Médoc winegrowers want to get a taste of four new grape varieties, from the South and the past

Climate change and demand for less alcoholic wines have prompted a question – which grape varieties will be the new Cabernet-Sauvignon and Merlot in the vineyards of the Médoc? “It’s obvious that the climate is changing. Should grape varieties evolve too? We can't say what the future holds”, said a cautious Sébastien Couthures, a winegrower and chair of the technical committee with the AOC Médoc, Haut-Médoc and Listrac-Médoc producers’ organisation.

[www.vitisphere.com]

John

Bordeaux 2018 in bottle: price performance and critical opinion
17 February 2021 19:32
Bordeaux 2018 in bottle: price performance and critical opinion

Critical opinion on the latest physical Bordeaux vintage has started to emerge, with the publication of in-bottle scores from Jane Anson (Decanter) and James Molesworth (Wine Spectator).

[www.liv-ex.com]

John

Bordeaux co-operative puts Rhone varieties in its Vins de France
19 February 2021 19:45
Bordeaux co-operative puts Rhone varieties in its Vins de France

If ever one technique was associated with Bordeaux it is the art of blending. But that technique has been taken into uncharted territory by the Bordeaux Families co-operative group (formerly Union de Guyenne). Under the new Malette brand, the Louis Vallon and Sauveterre-Blasimon-Espiet wineries “are blending local grape varieties with varieties from other regions to avoid simply replicating Bordeaux red wine and labelling it Vin de France”, sums up Bordeaux Families MD Philippe Cazaux.

[www.vitisphere.com]

John

2020 Bordeaux yields: quality not quantity?
22 February 2021 18:59
2020 Bordeaux yields: quality not quantity?

The production figures for Bordeaux 2020 are now in. In the post below, Bordeaux grower, winemaker and writer Gavin Quinney (@GavinQuinney) looks at what the numbers tell us about the vintage.

[www.liv-ex.com]

John

Sorry, alleen geregistreerde gebruikers mogen berichten plaatsen in dit forum.

Klik hier om in te loggen