Bordeaux 2019, crus bourgeois ou non classés du Médoc #2
23 October 2020 17:15
Bordeaux 2019, crus bourgeois ou non classés du Médoc #2

Après les grands crus classés, suite de nos dégustations dans le Médoc avec des vins appréciés pour leur excellent rapport qualité prix.

[www.lepoint.fr]#

John

Life is always better when I wine.

Koken is meer dan een recept.
Bordeaux 2019, saint-émilion et pomerol #3
26 October 2020 17:56
Bordeaux 2019, saint-émilion et pomerol #3

Nos commentaires et notes de dégustation sur deux appellations phares du Libournais et de la rive droite, où le merlot domine l'encépagement.

[www.lepoint.fr]#

John

Toute la lumière sur Ducru-Beaucaillou
26 October 2020 18:02
Toute la lumière sur Ducru-Beaucaillou

Un millésime 2019 loué par la critique, une gamme élargie, un nouveau chai à venir… Le château qui fête son 300e anniversaire séduit plus que jamais.

[avis-vin.lefigaro.fr]

John

A winery entirely made from mud and wood in Margaux
27 October 2020 18:00
A winery entirely made from mud and wood in Margaux

“In the vat room designed in the 2000s by the AXA group, we cannot produce blends as precisely as we would like”, says the new owner of Margaux Troisième Grand Cru Classé, Cantenac Brown. “And the barrel cellar is too small to work in ideal conditions”.

[www.vitisphere.com]

John

LAFITE LAUNCHES COMPETITION TO REDESIGN ITS CELLARS
29 October 2020 18:19
LAFITE LAUNCHES COMPETITION TO REDESIGN ITS CELLARS

Château Lafite Rothschild has organised a competition to find a new design for its cellars which are also going to be expanded by over 4,000 square metres.

[www.thedrinksbusiness.com]

John

Bordeaux Winemaking Families Reflect On The 2020 Vintage
29 October 2020 18:22
Bordeaux Winemaking Families Reflect On The 2020 Vintage

Bordeaux is one of France’s iconic wine regions, recognized for quality and tradition. While enthusiasts know this source for some of the world’s most expensive collectibles and elegant châteaux, the region expresses dynamism and depth through many family wineries.

[www.forbes.com]

John

Château Cantenac Brown plans new ‘earth’ winery
04 November 2020 18:17
Château Cantenac Brown plans new ‘earth’ winery

The Margaux-based Château has revealed plans for an environmentally friendly winery and barrel cellar that it hopes will be a model for sustainable design.

[www.decanter.com]

John

How Do You Build Bordeaux's Greenest Cellar? Château Cantenac-Brown Tries a New Old Technique
18 November 2020 18:17
How Do You Build Bordeaux's Greenest Cellar? Château Cantenac-Brown Tries a New Old Technique

The Margaux third-growth's owners plan a concrete-free winery made with compressed "raw earth" to keep developing wines cool without inefficient air-conditioning

[www.winespectator.com]

John

In a Beautiful New Book, the Complete History of Château Lafite Rothschild—the World’s Most Famous Wine
25 November 2020 18:25
In a Beautiful New Book, the Complete History of Château Lafite Rothschild—the World’s Most Famous Wine

FOR MORE THAN 150 YEARS, Rothschild-family members have been the stalwart stewards of the Médoc-region vineyards at Château Lafite Rothschild. As the story goes, Baron James de Rothschild—son of German Rothschild scion Mayer Amschel—purchased the vineyard in 1868, after being dispatched by his father from Frankfurt to Paris decades earlier. (Mayer Amschel placed all of his five sons in European cities to buttress the family’s banking empire.) By then, Château Lafite had already earned its reputation—appreciated by stately oenophiles like Thomas Jefferson and anointed the King’s Wine, owing to the Ancien Régime’s predilection.

[www.vogue.com]

John

Aan de poort van Petrus
01 December 2020 17:48
Aan de poort van Petrus

Hermetisch afgesloten van de buitenwereld maakt Petrus al decennia lang ‘s werelds grootste en meest mysterieuze wijn. Tijdens een exclusief bezoek waagt journalist en Bordeauxliefhebber Frénk van der Linden zich aan een karakterstudie.

[www.okhuysen.nl]

John

Legendary Bordeaux: The Stories of Bordeaux’s First Growth Wines
08 December 2020 13:07
Legendary Bordeaux: The Stories of Bordeaux’s First Growth Wines

Since the 1855 classification, the first growths of Bordeaux Médoc and Graves have stood at the top of the heap, the monarchs of all they survey. Other chateaus, however good, can aspire to, but never seem to reach, the pinnacle of these five (originally, four).

[www.winemag.com]

John

Bordeaux is ready to plant its new grape varieties
14 December 2020 13:50
Bordeaux is ready to plant its new grape varieties

Three weeks ago, the national institute of appellations and origin, INAO, gave the 4,500 winegrowers producing Bordeaux and Bordeaux Supérieur the go-ahead to plant six of the seven varieties for which they had requested trials in a bid to adapt their vineyards to the challenges of climate change. Although Petit manseng was struck off the list, they will be able to plant Alvarinho and Liliorila for the whites and Arinarnoa, Castets, Marselan and Touriga Nacional for the reds in a few months’ time.

[www.vitisphere.com]

John

Bordeaux property: Four stunning ‘hobby’ vineyard estates for sale
14 December 2020 13:55
Bordeaux property: Four stunning ‘hobby’ vineyard estates for sale

If you've ever dreamt of owning a Bordeaux vineyard estate and making your own wine then here are some examples of renovated properties...

[www.decanter.com]

John

Blockchain-powered Bordeaux? IBM announces wine supply chain tracing system
14 December 2020 13:57
Blockchain-powered Bordeaux? IBM announces wine supply chain tracing system

"The future of the wine industry lies in verifiable provenance, transparency and traceability."

[cointelegraph.com]

John

LAFITE RELEASES ‘THE ALMANAC’
14 December 2020 13:59
LAFITE RELEASES ‘THE ALMANAC’

Château Lafite Rothschild has released ‘The Almanac‘ as part of the celebrations to mark the 150th anniversary of the Rothschild family’s acquisition of the historic estate.

John

MR YQUEM: HOW LEONID SHUTOV GOT LONDONERS SIPPING SAUTERNES
14 December 2020 14:02
MR YQUEM: HOW LEONID SHUTOV GOT LONDONERS SIPPING SAUTERNES

After an hour on the phone with Leonid Shutov, the immaculately attired Russian restaurateur behind diner deluxe Bob Bob Ricard, I’m reminded of the Oscar Wilde quip: “I’m a man of simple tastes. I’m always satisfied with the best.”

John

Is cabernet franc finally having its moment?
16 December 2020 18:52
Is cabernet franc finally having its moment?

In the range of red wine varieties, cabernet franc has long been an insider’s wine. A grape that typically produces fragrant and savoury red wines that critics disparage as being leafy, herbaceous or worse, cabernet francs rarely enjoyed the global success of ripe and rewarding styles made from cabernet sauvignon, shiraz or malbec.

[www.theglobeandmail.com]

John

INTERVIEW WITH VÉRONIQUE DAUSSE OF BORDEAUX'S CHÂTEAU PHÉLAN SÉGUR
24 December 2020 18:22
INTERVIEW WITH VÉRONIQUE DAUSSE OF BORDEAUX'S CHÂTEAU PHÉLAN SÉGUR

The Médoc region of Bordeaux, with its fancy châteaux, designer-clad winery owners and wines with triple and quadruple-digit price tags has, understandingly, a reputation as an intimidating place. But, while the region is defined by traditions that stretch back over 20 centuries, the wine producers of the Médoc, by and large, are surprisingly down-to-earth. Take Veronique Dausse, for example. Managing director of Château Phélan-Ségur, in the Saint-Estèphe appellation, Dausse is warm and friendly, with an easy laugh, and couldn’t be a more welcoming ambassador for the winery. She radiates an infectious enthusiasm for her wines and says that some of her happiest moments come from sharing them with customers around the world.

[grapecollective.com]

John

François-Louis Vuitton embarks on a ‘wine romance’ worthy of his famous family name
07 January 2021 18:09
François-Louis Vuitton embarks on a ‘wine romance’ worthy of his famous family name

Living well comes naturally to François-Louis Vuitton. As the great- great-grandson of Louis Vuitton, luxury is in his DNA. His passion for wine, on the other hand, began decades ago in Bordeaux, where he spent countless weekends exploring the vineyards, speaking to field workers, and learning about viticulture from those closest to it. Wine tastings with friends and family happened frequently at his homes in Paris and Bordeaux, and as his fascination with fine wines grew, François- Louis decided he wanted to get more involved in the process.

[www.miamiherald.com]

John

Bordeaux Index sales top $125m
12 January 2021 18:08
Bordeaux Index sales top $125m

Fine wine and spirits merchant Bordeaux Index has recorded over $125m in total sales in 2020.

[harpers.co.uk]

John

Château du Tertre sold
21 January 2021 18:16
Château du Tertre sold

AJ Domaines has announced the sale of Margaux estate Château du Tertre with the Helfrich family, founders of Les Grands Chais de France, set to take over winemaking operations at the estate.

John

Bernard Magrez turns focus from Bordeaux to other wine regions and spirits
25 January 2021 18:45
Bernard Magrez turns focus from Bordeaux to other wine regions and spirits

“I’m not claiming that what I say is the truth, but it’s what I think”, stressed Bernard Magrez in his start-up incubator at Château le Sartre in Léognan on January 14. Never one to beat about the bush, 84-year-old Magrez certainly got straight to the point: “Bordeaux bashing is not a background tune, it's a reality. Bordeaux has not updated its range [despite the fact that] wine enthusiasts like to discover new products”.

[www.vitisphere.com]

John

Margaux | Le Château du Tertre change de mains
29 January 2021 17:52
Margaux | Le Château du Tertre change de mains

C’est officiel, le Château du Tertre à Margaux a été vendu en ce mois de janvier 2021 à une société d’assurances et sera désormais exploité par la famille Helfrich, également propriétaire des Grands Chais de France. Les ex-propriétaires, qui possèdent également le Château Giscours, ont fait ce choix face à leur « difficulté de créer une synergie entre deux crus classés d’une même appellation à la fois si proches géographiquement et tellement différents ».

[www.idealwine.net]

John

BORDEAUX NÉGOCE URGE ON THIS YEAR’S CAMPAIGN
29 January 2021 18:18
BORDEAUX NÉGOCE URGE ON THIS YEAR’S CAMPAIGN

The union representing 80 Bordeaux négociants has said it is “ready” for this year’s campaign and urged the UGC to stick the traditional timing of May-July releases – and the pricing pattern of last year.

John

AOC Bordeaux invests €4 million to re-launch its tourism facilities
29 January 2021 18:29
AOC Bordeaux invests €4 million to re-launch its tourism facilities

Halfway between the Cité du Vin in the centre of Bordeaux and the UNESCO-listed vineyards of Saint-Émilion, the tourist centre of Planète Bordeaux is hoping visitors who travel to the wine regions will come to Beychac-et-Caillau. More than just visitor attendance, though “over twenty years after it was established, a thorough revamp had become essential”, said the Bordeaux and Bordeaux Supérieur producers’ organisation in a press statement.

[www.vitisphere.com]

John

St-Emilion to get hail defence ‘launch’ system
30 January 2021 15:26
St-Emilion to get hail defence ‘launch’ system

Plans for a network of semi-automatic 'launchers' that send helium balloons into the skies to prevent hailstorms have been approved by winemakers in St-Emilion.

[www.decanter.com]

John

Re: St-Emilion to get hail defence ‘launch’ system
01 February 2021 13:52
L’union fait la force : les Vignerons de Saint-Emilion adoptent un système de défense collectif contre la grêle

C’était dans les tuyaux depuis un bout de temps. Mercredi en assemblée générale extraordinaire, les vignerons de Saint-Emilion ont finalement adopté à 90% la mise en place de ce système de lutte contre la grêle, avec Selerys. Réactions de Franck Binard du Conseil des Vins de Saint-Emilion et de Karl Todeschini.

[france3-regions.blog.francetvinfo.fr]

John

Re: St-Emilion to get hail defence ‘launch’ system
01 February 2021 18:27
On a Balloon and a Prayer: Bordeaux Grapples with Climate Change

In a press release brimming with enthusiasm and beautifully illustrated diagrams explaining their new project, the winegrowers of Saint-Emilion in Bordeaux announced yesterday their intention to implement a “collective hail control system.”

[www.vinography.com]

John

Sept interpellations après un vol de grands crus de Bordeaux pour 800 000 € de butin
02 February 2021 17:58
Sept interpellations après un vol de grands crus de Bordeaux pour 800 000 € de butin

Sept personnes, dont un Chinois, ont été interpellées sur l’agglomération bordelaise, quatre d’entre elles écrouées, après un vol en septembre de grands crus de Bordeaux, un butin d’environ 800.000 euros, dont la moitié a pu être récupérée, a-t-on appris samedi de source policière.

[france3-regions.blog.francetvinfo.fr]

John

Bordeaux: Sechs neue Rebsorten zugelassen
27 January 2021 17:41
Bordeaux: Sechs neue Rebsorten zugelassen

Der französische Landwirtschaftsverband genehmigte die Rebsorten Arinamoa, Castets, Marselan, Touriga Nacional, Alvarinho und Liliorila.

[www.falstaff.at]

John

Sorry, alleen geregistreerde gebruikers mogen berichten plaatsen in dit forum.

Klik hier om in te loggen