Midden, Oost Europa en verre oosten
14 October 2019 12:08
Developments in Lebanon’s wine sector

Reaping what is sown

[www.executive-magazine.com]

John

Life is always better when I wine.

Koken is meer dan een recept.

2 keer gewijzigd. Laatste wijziging: 02/12/2019 08:48 door JohnCopier.
Crusader winery in Israel largest ever discovered
13 August 2019 17:28
A recent series of excavations in a northern Israeli hilltop town unveiled the largest Crusader-era winery yet found in the Levant it has been revealed.

[www.thedrinksbusiness.com]

John

The World’s Newest Wine Frontier Is the Himalayan Kingdom of Bhutan
12 August 2019 13:52
One entrepreneur is hoping to turn some of the small nation’s famous slopes into lush vineyards.

[www.bloomberg.com]

John

Long Dai and prosper? |On Lafite’s new Chinese winery name
15 July 2019 17:20
Iconic Bordeaux producer DBR Lafite finally announced the name of its Shandong-based winery, a decade after the project began. I wrote this piece for Wine Searcher about what Lafite and that winery mean for China. Here are a few points about the name that didn’t make the cut.

[www.grapewallofchina.com]

John

Re: Long Dai and prosper? |On Lafite’s new Chinese winery name
15 July 2019 17:21
The Bordeaux producer announced the launch of its Chinese wine this week. Jim Boyce takes a look.

[www.wine-searcher.com]

John

How wine apps are taking over the Chinese market
08 July 2019 17:21
With more than 48 million wine drinkers, China is the second largest wine market in the world in terms of customer base. And in terms of revenue, it has the fastest-growing wine industry by a large margin.

John

How Tokaji still offers such incredible value for money
21 June 2019 12:10
Sales of sweet wine began dipping about 20 years ago, just at the wrong time for the wines of Tokaj. This famed wine producing region of Hungary used to provide wines to grace the tables of the kings and queens of Europe, reputedly a favourite of the Sun King himself, Louis XIV. Next year will mark 100 years since the damaging Treaty of Trianon, followed by a 20th century of political strife, but the wines themselves are increasingly consistent and top class. Seeing first hand the labour, time, and effort that go into each bottle, Mike Turner believes that these wines deserve a place on wine lists across the country and current prices are a steal for such a quality product.

[www.the-buyer.net]

John

Re: How Tokaji still offers such incredible value for money
21 June 2019 12:32
Heb ooit een paar flesjes gehad en gedronken, heerlijk spul!
Maar drink het nooit meer. Staat niet op de radar zeg maar.
The Renaissance of Armenia’s Ancient Vinelands
14 June 2019 17:32
The world’s most ancient wine-producing region, with 6,000 years of history, is barely six years into a modern winemaking renaissance. Unlike neighboring Georgia, where wine production has continued unabated for millennia, Armenia’s wine culture has ebbed and flowed, and occasionally been drowned by waves of inclement history. Yet a growing number of Armenians are returning home with ambitions to resurrect the country’s wine industry, exploring Armenia’s abundance of literally antediluvian grape varieties.

[www.wineandspiritsmagazine.com]

John

France Should Label Israeli Wine From Settlements, EU Advocate General Says
13 June 2019 17:23
EU legal opinion contradicts 2018 French court's decision not to mark wine bottles produced in the Jewish West Bank settlements

[www.haaretz.com]

John

India’s largest wine producer is helping its customers sip more sustainably
05 June 2019 09:40
Last year, global wine production rose to near-record highs, reaching a harvest of 292.3 million hectoliters – that’s more than 7.7 billion gallons. In the U.S. alone, domestic and imported wine sales reached $70.5 billion. The world clearly loves wine.

[business.edf.org]

John

Russian wines fit for diplomats
21 May 2019 17:45
A winery located near a Russian seaside resort has well-connected new owners. Anton Moiseenko pays a visit.

[www.drinks-today.com]

John

Wine with bats
21 May 2019 17:43
Liliac in Romania is drawing on its Transylvanian heritage to help sell its wine. But Dracula is nowhere to be seen. Caroline Gilby MW reports.

[www.drinks-today.com]

John

What You Need to Know About Turkish Wine
17 May 2019 18:09
Indigenous varieties and dynamic flavor profiles are among the factors helping them break ground in the U.S.

En wat voor de USA geldt gaat ook voor ons op!

[daily.sevenfifty.com]

John

What You Need to Know About Armenian Wines
03 May 2019 13:24
High-profile winemakers aren’t the only ones who’ve discovered the country’s wines—here’s what to try

[daily.sevenfifty.com]

John

Re: What You Need to Know About Armenian Wines
03 May 2019 15:33
Nagorno-Karabakh’s nascent wine industry begins to bear fruit

Winemakers in the de-facto republic are building professional networks and taking advantage of indigenous grapes.

[eurasianet.org]

John

At $40,000 a bottle, Tokaj winemaker aims to revive royal heritage
19 April 2019 17:47
MAD, Hungary (Reuters) - A Hungarian winemaker in the Tokaj region known for its golden dessert wine is selling a vintage for $40,000 a bottle, hoping to revive the royal heritage of a wine revered by kings and connoisseurs.

Valt nog mee. De wijn zit normaal gesproken in een halve liter fles. Nu dus in een 1,5 liter uitvoering. heb je wel drie flessen. Koopje!!!

[www.reuters.com]?

John

Grapes on Mars? Georgia winemakers aiming high
09 April 2019 21:28
Georgia is immensely proud of its ancient wine-making tradition, claiming to have been the first nation to make wine. Now it wants to be the first to grow grapes on Mars.

[phys.org]

John

First vineyards planted in Bhutan
08 April 2019 18:09
New horizons (and heights) in viticulture were reached this week (1-5 April) with the planting of the first two of five small vineyards in the Himalayan kingdom of Bhutan.

John

Your guide: All you need to know about Wines of Greece
02 April 2019 17:39
Greece has a long history of viticulture and vinification, and wine has always been an integral part of Greek culture and gastronomy. The country’s terrain plays a key role in the shaping of its unique wines, divided into four broad categories: Mountainous and semi-mountainous, Coastal, Continental and Volcanic. Vineyard practices, from planting to pruning and harvesting, are usually carried out entirely by hand, allows for greater attention to detail.

[neoskosmos.com]

John

Wine of India
01 April 2019 14:31
Afgelopen weekend een opmerkelijke wijn in het glas gehad. Komt uit India en via de handbagage eerst naar Singapore, maandje vakantie en dan naar Nederland gebracht. En dus afgelopen weekend in mijn glas. Cabernet Sauvignon met Syrah. Het % aandeel van de Syrah wordt niet opgegeven.

Grover la reserva 2016. Halfjaar lopen ze op ons voor dus is de wijn nu drie jaar oud maar ziet er in het glas als een zeer oude man met een vol leven in de tropenzon uit. De kleur is rood bruin. Ondoorzichtig. In de neus zwart en rood fruit en vanille. In de mond komt het rode fruit terug. Een kleine bittertoon van druivenpit? Klein pepertje. Zijdezachte tannines. Fraaie lengte. Deze wijn is door Michel Rolland gemaakt. Of de wijn alhier te koop is weet ik niet. Ik zou de wijn nog wel eens willen proeven maar dan een zonder mishandeling.

Vergeten te vermelden, de wijn heeft 14% alc.

[www.groverzampa.in]

John

1 keer gewijzigd. Laatste wijziging: 01/04/2019 15:42 door JohnCopier.
Re: Wine of India
01 April 2019 15:12
Ik heb ooit een wijn uit India gedronken welke 6 weken in een rugzak mee het hele subcontinent rond is geweest.
Was een leuk cadeau maar ook geen toppertje.
Zal er ooit zeer goede wijn uit India komen?
Re: Wine of India
01 April 2019 15:36
Vast wel. Dit is gewoon goed. Wel een merkwaardige combi met die Syrah. Nu nog in gekoelde containers naar deze kant laten komen.

John

Israëlische Hema-wijn uitverkocht na klacht van klant
27 March 2019 13:10
[www.msn.com]

John

1 keer gewijzigd. Laatste wijziging: 27/03/2019 15:21 door JohnCopier.
Re: Israëlische Hema-wijn uitverkocht na klacht van klant
27 March 2019 18:44
Nu hebben wij er ook een beeld bij.

[www.jta.org]

John

The story of shiraz
25 March 2019 18:13
A friend recently asked me if the city of Shiraz in Iran (formerly Persia) had any relation to the wine grape variety.

[www.therealreview.com]

John

Allemaal één doosje en de kelder is leeg.

[winetitles.com.au]

John

Top Israeli Wine Misconceptions Debunked
15 March 2019 18:16
Although the Middle East is the historic birthplace of wine, there’s still much confusion about offerings from Israel. To help clear the air about Israeli wine, dispel common myths and maybe convince readers to try a glass, we’ve answered your most asked questions about wines from Israel.

[www.winemag.com]

John

The World’s Most Expensive Wine Is From Hungary
11 March 2019 18:40
How much is too much to pay for a bottle of wine? A newly-released $40,000 bottle of 2008-vintage wine now ranks among the most expensive wines in the world at release. But the wine in question isn’t some storied Amarone or a rare French Bordeaux. This Tokaji Essencia wine hails from the Carpathian foothills of northeastern Hungary, where one of Europe’s oldest and most legendary wine regions is staging an unlikely comeback after a century of tumult all but obliterated its winemaking industry.

[fortune.com]

John

Re: The World’s Most Expensive Wine Is From Hungary
12 March 2019 15:36
Voor alles is een markt tegenwoordig...
Maar $40.000 voor een fles wijn is mij een tandje overdreven.
Koop voor $100 een “gewoon” flesje Hongaarse wijn en hou $39.900 in de knip cool smiley
Sorry, alleen geregistreerde gebruikers mogen berichten plaatsen in dit forum.

Klik hier om in te loggen