Welkom! » Log in » Registreer een nieuw account

Burgundy

Gepost door JohnCopier 
Why is it Château in Bordeaux and Domaine in Burgundy?
10 May 2021 18:58
Why is it Château in Bordeaux and Domaine in Burgundy?

There are 10,000 of them in the Gironde, yet the term “château” only became widespread quite recently, in the 19th century. Why do we use this word in Bordeaux but not in Burgundy? History has played a part, but the answer also lies in the fundamentally different way these two types of French wine estates operate.

[www.idealwine.info]

John

Life is always better when I wine.

Koken is meer dan een recept.
It's okay to love Chardonnay
18 May 2021 19:22
It's okay to love Chardonnay

Sorting out the misperceptions

Please excuse the title of this post. No one who loves Chardonnay need ever apologize for harboring a hankering for this varietal, the world's best selling white wine of any sort for going on 30 years. When it comes to wine, or anything of an artistic nature (art, music, literature, fashion, even cars!), you rule your own roost. To heck with what anyone else says.

[www.lodiwine.com]

John

Chardonnay et Kimmeridgien : l’identité du vignoble de Chablis
19 May 2021 13:23
Chardonnay et Kimmeridgien : l’identité du vignoble de Chablis

Lorsque l’on pense au vignoble bourguignon, « Nuits Saint Georges », « Meursault », « Pommard » sont généralement les appellations qui nous viennent le plus spontanément à l’esprit. Mais n’oubliez pas qu’à 120 km au nord-ouest de Beaune, un autre fief du cépage chardonnay participe à l’identité de la Bourgogne : le vignoble de Chablis.

[vinsdumonde.blog]

John

French vineyards hit by frost start to show signs of life in Burgundy and Provence
27 May 2021 19:32
French vineyards hit by frost start to show signs of life in Burgundy and Provence

Frost-stricken French vineyards are slowly showing signs of growth, as temperatures finally start to rise.

[app.vinex.market]

John

Burgundy Eyes Alternative Varieties
01 June 2021 19:26
Burgundy Eyes Alternative Varieties

We round up all the news you might have missed this week and find big news out of Burgundy.

[www.wine-searcher.com]

John

How are Burgundy's vines now?
08 June 2021 19:16
How are Burgundy's vines now?

Philippe Pascal, owner of Domaine du Cellier aux Moines in Givry, provides an update on this spring’s serious damage to vineyards in Burgundy. See this earlier frost report from Burgundy. Above, what his vineyard should look like now.

[www.jancisrobinson.com]

John

Sorry, alleen geregistreerde gebruikers mogen berichten plaatsen in dit forum.

Klik hier om in te loggen