Welkom! » Log in » Registreer een nieuw account

Spanje

Gepost door JohnCopier 
Sherry: CVNE's Secret White Wine Ingredient
21 November 2021 13:37
Sherry: CVNE's Secret White Wine Ingredient

The Spanish wine giant has revealed a very special ingredient in a new white Rioja blend.

[www.wine-searcher.com]

John

Life is always better when I wine.

Koken is meer dan een recept.
DO Penedès: new rules and aiming for Spanish wine’s top-tier
26 November 2021 15:14
DO Penedès: new rules and aiming for Spanish wine’s top-tier

Ambitious growth plans include a requirement for vineyards to go fully organic and a push to gain DOQ status at the top of Spain's classification hierarchy, the DO Penedès wine body has said.

[www.decanter.com]

John

500 years after the Inquisition, Spain’s kosher wine industry is taking off
22 November 2021 15:28
500 years after the Inquisition, Spain’s kosher wine industry is taking off

Before their expulsion, Jews played a major role in wine production in Spanish-speaking lands for centuries; now a resurgence sees bottles flying off the shelves at home and abroad

[www.timesofisrael.com]

John

TOP 100 WINES OF SPAIN 2021
25 November 2021 14:20
TOP 100 WINES OF SPAIN 2021

Just over a month ago, we finished our tasting of 1,500 Spanish wines, and from those we whittled our list down to the Top 100 for 2021. Above all, it shows that the country is currently at a crossroads of change, with innovative, young producers joining and sometimes surpassing their well-versed and traditional cohort in making superb wines in a mosaic of styles from revived vineyards, cooler terroirs and forgotten grapes.

[www.jamessuckling.com]

John

Inside Cava’s Quest to Upgrade its Reputation
03 December 2021 15:13
Inside Cava’s Quest to Upgrade its Reputation

Amidst movements to leave the Cava DO, the denomination has introduced new, quality-minded regulations. Can it change the perception of Spain’s most famous sparkling wine?

[daily.sevenfifty.com]

John

Best Catalan wines of 2021
09 December 2021 14:53
Best Catalan wines of 2021

At the end of each year, I like to look back at all the wines I’ve tasted and pick out those in Catalunya that were either outstanding or represented something notable within various regions. This was a busy year for tastings and between the reports of: DO Tarragona, DO Terra Alta, DOQ Priorat, and Corpinnat as well as various tastings with winemakers, I was more or less on pace and tasted over 1,000 references from Catalunya. Keep in mind that it’s still a bit slow going given that we are still very much in a pandemic and bigger tastings are something we just can’t be doing yet although many are anyways.

[www.hudin.com]

John

Why the Tiny, Tenacious Terra Alta Wine Region Should be on Your Radar
22 December 2021 14:06
Why the Tiny, Tenacious Terra Alta Wine Region Should be on Your Radar

One hundred miles from the filament-lit natural wine bars of Barcelona rises Terra Alta, a region few have heard of and even fewer can place on a map. Its name alone, “highlands” in English, conjures images of a magical faraway land. Weathered gothic arches, a once thriving medieval saffron trade, and centuries-long rule by the Templar Knights confer its mystique.

[vinepair.com]

John

Wine Grape Growers Take Leap To Make Fine Wines In A Spanish Wine Region Dominated By Icons
03 January 2022 19:27
Wine Grape Growers Take Leap To Make Fine Wines In A Spanish Wine Region Dominated By Icons

Crouched down near the ground, a sharp pain went up his knees and lower back as weathered hands reached out to old grape vines, around 50 years old, to harvest the few bunches of concentrated Tempranillo grape bunches that looked like they hung on a skeleton of a bush plant with its thick, gnarly trunk. The sun beating down on top of his head forced his eyes to squint to combat the glare and the dirt on his face and hands lessened the brutal effects of the sun as he picked his precious fruit. His wife and children were there to help; his ten-year-old son already a seasoned harvester with his skill and speed; his parents, who were advanced in age, would still stubbornly insist on helping out even though many times they would only be able to get through a few vines by the end of the day – each vine only producing a relatively small amount of fruit.

[www.forbes.com]

John

Sorry, alleen geregistreerde gebruikers mogen berichten plaatsen in dit forum.

Klik hier om in te loggen