Welkom! » Log in » Registreer een nieuw account

Mildew, Glyphosate/Roundup 360 en andere verboden middelen.

Gepost door JohnCopier 
French Researchers Find Glyphosate Link to Breast Cancer, Leads to More Aggressive Cancer, Also Strikes Younger Women

I missed this study when it first came out, but am glad to share it this week since it's an important chapter in the medical detective novel about herbicides that we are living in the middle of.

[winecountrygeographic.blogspot.com]

John

Life is always better when I wine.

Koken is meer dan een recept.
Time for France to ban 100% désherbage in vineyards

The coronavirus crisis ought to be an opportunity to reassess. Regarding viticulture it is surely time to ban the indiscriminate use of weedkiller in vineyards. Completely blitzing a vineyard ought to be now completely unacceptable.

[les5duvin.wordpress.com]

John

Grapes without glyphosate
29 April 2020 17:05
Grapes without glyphosate

Moving toward IPM for weed control requires diversifying herbicides.

[www.goodfruit.com]

John

An autonomous robot that eliminates downy and powdery mildew overnight
01 July 2020 17:13
An autonomous robot that eliminates downy and powdery mildew overnight

Robot Thorvald has passed its final tests on Chardonnay with flying colours. This spring, it went through the rows of vines and projected its ultraviolet rays on the leaves to eliminate powdery and downy mildew completely autonomously.

[www.vitisphere.com]

John

New French Agriculture Minister determined to end use of glyphosate by 2021
15 July 2020 17:39
New French Agriculture Minister determined to end use of glyphosate by 2021

During government question time on 8 July, France’s new Minister of Agriculture, Julien Denormandie, was questioned by Aisne MP Julien Dive on the thorny issue of banning glyphosate.

[www.vitisphere.com]

John

An Invasive-Species Success Story: The Eradication of the European Grapevine Moth
21 August 2020 17:25
An Invasive-Species Success Story: The Eradication of the European Grapevine Moth

Editor’s Note: This article originally appeared in Entomology Today, a project of the Entomological Society of America with the goal of reporting interesting discoveries in the world of insect science and news from various entomological societies. To learn more, visit www.entomologytoday.org.

[www.pctonline.com]

John

Vie de filière
24 August 2020 16:54
Vie de filière

Mildiou de la vigne : ils ont identifié le groupe de gènes impliqué dans la reproduction sexuée

[www.mon-viti.com]

John

Re: Vie de filière
25 August 2020 10:58
Dit zou mooi zijn. De verspreiding van meeldauw stoppen.
Robots shed light on grape powdery mildew
10 September 2020 17:12
Robots shed light on grape powdery mildew

Cornell University testing the use of ultraviolet light at night to kill pathogens.

[www.farmprogress.com]

John

Mouton Cadet in search of the Holy Grail of ‘zero pesticide residue’
02 December 2020 18:14
Mouton Cadet in search of the Holy Grail of ‘zero pesticide residue’

“For our ninetieth harvest, all Mouton Cadet winegrowers are HVE (High Environmental Value) certified”, announced Véronique Hombroekx, CEO of Baron Philippe de Rothschild (BPR) brands. “We have seen our commitments through, despite sometimes challenging situations”, stressed Hombroekx, who manages Bordeaux’s first wine brand, launched in 1930. Hombroekx has already announced that “this is just a preliminary stage and we will be taking it further” with the company’s 250 partner winegrowers, who are under three-year contracts and specifications, and their 1,500 hectares of vines spread across 10 appellations in Bordeaux.

Mooi, er zullen er zeker volgen.

[www.vitisphere.com]

John

France to help farmers to abandon glyphosate weedkiller
08 December 2020 18:12
France to help farmers to abandon glyphosate weedkiller

PARIS (Reuters) - France will give financial aid to farmers who agree to halt use of glyphosate, the farm ministry said on Monday after President Macron said he had failed with efforts to ban use of the weedkiller by 2021.

[www.reuters.com]

John

WSU researchers studying spread of red blotch virus in vineyards
24 December 2020 18:40
WSU researchers studying spread of red blotch virus in vineyards

Grapevine red blotch disease spreads through vineyards and blotches leaves, shrinking wine and juice grape harvests.

[news.wsu.edu]

John

Another Roundup study finds links to potential human health problems
16 February 2021 18:27
Another Roundup study finds links to potential human health problems

A new scientific paper examining the potential health impacts of Roundup herbicides found links between exposure to the weed killing chemical glyphosate and an increase in a type of amino acid known to be a risk factor for cardiovascular disease.

[usrtk.org]

John

Grape disease detection from the final frontier
23 February 2021 18:33
Grape disease detection from the final frontier

Cornell pathologist using satellites, aircraft, other disease-detecting tools.

[www.goodfruit.com]

John

Disparaging Bordeaux wines costs an anti-agrochemical association €125,000
02 March 2021 10:51
Disparaging Bordeaux wines costs an anti-agrochemical association €125,000

On 25 February, the civil division of the Libourne court of justice condemned the “Alerte Aux Toxiques” (AAT) association and its spokesperson, Valérie Murat, to 125,000 euros for disparaging Bordeaux wines. The hard-hitting and immediately enforceable ruling sanctions AAT's messages on 15 September 2020, which denounced the occurrence of 28 plant protection residues in 22 wines, mainly Bordeaux certified High Environmental Value (HVE). “The written statements were widely distributed and accompanied by slogans that lacked restraint. They unequivocally constitute wrongful defamation”, says the civil chamber ruling accessed by Vitisphere.

[www.vitisphere.com]

John

Re: Disparaging Bordeaux wines costs an anti-agrochemical association €125,000
05 March 2021 18:03
Scandal over pesticides in Bordeaux

Anti-pesticide-association judged guilty "denigrating Bordeaux wines."

[www.wine-business-international.com]

John

Pesticides : le Gard et l’Hérault parmi les plus gros acheteurs
15 March 2021 13:22
Pesticides : le Gard et l’Hérault parmi les plus gros acheteurs

Quels sont les départements qui achètent le plus de pesticides en France ? Le Gard et l'Hérault sont dans le haut du classement en 2019. Ce palmarès vient d'être dévoilé par l'association Générations Futures.

[france3-regions.francetvinfo.fr]

John

Pesticide residue-free trust mark gains traction
26 March 2021 18:10
Pesticide residue-free trust mark gains traction

Launched in 2018, the ‘pesticide residue-free’ endorsement supported by the ‘Nouveaux Champs’ collective of French producers and livestock farmers, has plenty to celebrate. In a recent press release, the group of “committed producers” reported that nearly 30% of the French have become familiar with the endorsement in just three years. The recognition allows this civic trust mark to continue to make headway with consumers.

[www.vitisphere.com]

John

Organic pesticide copper sulfate—unlike glyphosate—is a carcinogen, kills beneficial insects, decimates soil, pollutes water. It also works. Here are political and science reasons why regulators give it a free pass

Europe is currently in a frenzy trying to drum up enough support to dramatically rollback approvals of targeted synthetic pesticides, the backbone of conventional agriculture. Leveraging the ongoing public debate about the pending new Green Deal and Farm to Fork policies, activists are calling for tighter restrictions and in some cases outright bans. Last month, Switzerland came close to banning synthetic pesticides, and the measure is sure to get resurrected.

[geneticliteracyproject.org]

John

Mildew Threatens French Grape Harvest
20 July 2021 12:00
Mildew Threatens French Grape Harvest

Flash flooding in parts of Europe have brought another threat to France's already troubled growing season.

[www.wine-searcher.com]

John

Chemical weeding banned in the vineyards of Pomerol
02 November 2021 13:36
Chemical weeding banned in the vineyards of Pomerol

“Chemical weeding is banned. Mechanical or physical control of grass cover in vineyards is mandatory”. The wording of new specifications for producing Pomerol appellation wines – validated by a decree published on October 20 – is nothing if not terse. “In 2008, Pomerol included a ban on total weed control in its specifications as a minimum requirement. We intend to stay ahead of the curve with this latest ban on all forms of weeding”, explains appellation chairman Jean-Marie Garde, who goes on to stress that “in Pomerol, almost everyone uses tillage or grass cover. We are ready for this, it is a collective decision”. While acknowledging that the ban entails extra costs, which can be absorbed by a prestigious and prized appellation, but is more challenging for other wine regions, Garde claims, “we must be a driving force”.

[www.vitisphere.com]

John

From facial to fungal recognition
05 January 2022 17:51
From facial to fungal recognition

AI-enabled cameras give a boost to breeding mildew-resistant grapes.

[www.goodfruit.com]

John

Glyphosate Decreases Quality and Quantity of Sperm Production, New Chinese Study Shows
14 March 2022 18:22
Glyphosate Decreases Quality and Quantity of Sperm Production, New Chinese Study Shows

A January 2022 study from Chinese scientists published in Environment International on glyphosate shows how glyphosate decreases sperm quality and quantity. The study was designed to "investigate the influence of glyphosate on the BTB (blood testis barrier) in vivo and in vitro experiments."

[winecountrygeographic.blogspot.com]#

John

Glyphosate dans les vignes en 2022, que peut-on faire?
21 March 2022 13:38
Glyphosate dans les vignes en 2022, que peut-on faire?

Concernant les herbicides en viticulture, plusieurs changements sont à noter au niveau réglementaire pour la saison 2022. À commencer par la mise en application des nouvelles conditions d’usage du glyphosate.

[www.mon-viti.com]

John

Pesticides : 21 faucheurs volontaires jugés en appel à Toulouse pour des dégradations dans des jardineries
22 March 2022 18:31
Pesticides : 21 faucheurs volontaires jugés en appel à Toulouse pour des dégradations dans des jardineries

Après avoir été relaxés par le tribunal judiciaire de Foix en 2021, 21 faucheurs volontaires sont convoqués mardi 22 mars 2022 par le tribunal d'appel de Toulouse. Ils sont poursuivis pour avoir dégradé des bidons de pesticides dans trois jardineries ariégeoises.

[france3-regions.francetvinfo.fr]

John

Drosophila suzukii, a species to monitor
05 September 2022 17:18
Drosophila suzukii, a species to monitor

Drosophila suzukii has recently arrived in Northern Hemisphere vineyards and has caused damage to grape, particularly in Europe. Damage to the grapes has been observed, as well as the development of sour rot linked to its presence. Other species of drosophila are also present in the vineyards. This insect has now clearly established itself in the vineyard, requiring the attention of the viticultural and wine industry.

[ives-technicalreviews.eu]

John

Has the rise of Roundup in Wine Country made it toxic?
10 October 2022 17:20
Has the rise of Roundup in Wine Country made it toxic?

If “Children of the Vine” sounds like a horror flick, that’s because it is, according to filmmaker Brian Lilla.

The picturesque Napa and Sonoma counties are highly toxic due to the use of Monsanto’s Roundup weedkiller, Lilla said. He’s made a documentary on the subject, which will screen at the Rialto Theater in Sebastopol on Tuesday, followed by a discussion with the filmmaker and experts on nonconventional farming methods, such as organic farming.

[www.pressdemocrat.com]

John

The science is clear: We need an ambitious, undelayed pesticides regulation
01 February 2023 10:43
The science is clear: We need an ambitious, undelayed pesticides regulation

DISCLAIMER: All opinions in this column reflect the views of the author(s), not of EURACTIV Media network.

[www.euractiv.com]

John

Sorry, alleen geregistreerde gebruikers mogen berichten plaatsen in dit forum.

Klik hier om in te loggen