Welkom! » Log in » Registreer een nieuw account

Techniek in en rond de wijn, oxidation

Gepost door JohnCopier 
Chitosan and fermentation
01 October 2021 14:15
Chitosan and fermentation

Knowing the state of health of the grapes is of fundamental importance, especially in certain vintages, as it will give us an idea of their microbiological load. These contaminating microorganisms present will then develop with greater or lesser strength depending on certain factors.

[www.infowine.com]#

John

Life is always better when I wine.

Koken is meer dan een recept.
Sugar is essential to a balanced wine, even ‘dry’ ones. Here’s what you need to know.
04 October 2021 19:33
Sugar is essential to a balanced wine, even ‘dry’ ones. Here’s what you need to know.

Here’s a pro tip for you: If you ask a retailer or sommelier for a “dry” wine, you are likely to be offered one that has perceptible sweetness. An industry maxim says Americans think dry but drink sweet. This makes sense, given our national sweet tooth. We love ketchup on our fries, sticky sweet barbecue sauces, sugary sodas, sweet and sour chicken, cookies, cakes and more. But we have this notion that wine — fine wine, at least — is supposed to be dry, so we frown on sweet wines as unsophisticated. This prejudice should change as boomers yield to more open-minded and adventurous generations, but my recent conversations with winemakers and retailers suggest the anti-sugar bias remains strong.

[www.washingtonpost.com]

John

Frozen wine: the next big thing?
04 October 2021 19:38
Frozen wine: the next big thing?

Forget RTDs, the next big thing will be RTFs or Ready-to-Freeze alcohol ice pops, lollies and frozen cocktails according to Drinks Business magazine, which revealed:

“RTF adult ice pops are a fast-growing segment in the alcohol beverage industry and have grown in popularity. According to Grand View Research, the global ready-to-drink cocktails market size was valued at GBP £521m in 2020 and is expected to grow at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 12% from 2021 to 2028.”

[www.therealreview.com]

John

Grey Poupon clones mustard into wine
05 October 2021 18:46
Grey Poupon clones mustard into wine

But how well will Dijon style wine pair with hamburgers and hot dogs?

[www.thedrinksbusiness.com]

John

Sorry, alleen geregistreerde gebruikers mogen berichten plaatsen in dit forum.

Klik hier om in te loggen