Welkom! » Log in » Registreer een nieuw account

Brettanomyces, Clean wine, Organic, bees, Bio, Natuurwijn, Terroir, alcoholvrijewijn, malolactic fermentation, yeast.

Gepost door JohnCopier 
The Skeptic’s Guide to Biodynamic Wine
15 June 2020 17:17
The Skeptic’s Guide to Biodynamic Wine

With the correct audience in the room, I like to joke that I’m the ultimate biodynamic wine critic. You see, biodynamic preparation 502 involves stuffing a deer bladder full of Yarrow flowers, and traditionally hanging it above head height in an Alder tree for the summer.

[www.vinography.com]

John

Life is always better when I wine.

Koken is meer dan een recept.
11,1 % des vignes de l’Union Européenne cultivées en bio en 2018
15 July 2020 12:49
11,1 % des vignes de l’Union Européenne cultivées en bio en 2018

D'après les dernières estimations de l'Agence Bio, basés sur les données 2018, 11,1 % du vignoble de l’UE étaient cultivés en bio.

[www.mon-viti.com]

John

IS WINE GOOD FOR YOU?
20 July 2020 17:02
IS WINE GOOD FOR YOU?

There’s a lot of talk at the moment about ‘Clean Wine’. The marketing line? Commercial wines are full of additives and are bad for you, but this Clean Wine (which has a pretty normal range of commercial additives: bentonite, added yeast, sulfur dioxide, and it’s filtered) isn’t bad for you. So you should stop drinking all those famous wine brands, and switch to Clean Wine.

[www.wineanorak.com]

John

What Is Clean Wine And Should You Care?
01 August 2020 18:51
What Is Clean Wine And Should You Care?

Actress Cameron Diaz and her business partner, the entrepreneur Katherine Power, have been all over various media promoting their new product Avaline, a white wine and a rosé, which they bill as “clean wine”. This has stirred up a hornet’s nest of controversy. Here is how they describe this very sanitary liquid:

[www.3quarksdaily.com]

John

Allison Levine, Please The Palate: Is clean wine the new Hydroxychloroquine?
07 August 2020 17:40
Allison Levine, Please The Palate: Is clean wine the new Hydroxychloroquine?

Last week, the wine world was in an uproar. Another celebrity entered the wine industry: Cameron Diaz and her fashionista friend Katherine Power launched their “clean wine” brand Avaline.

[napavalleyregister.com]

John

The Long Read: On ‘Clean’ wine – ambiguity among the vines
21 August 2020 17:18
The Long Read: On ‘Clean’ wine – ambiguity among the vines

Wine is an odd consumable. It’s a drug, it isn’t legally required to list ingredients, and it’s often described with vague, ambiguous terms. In the wake of the natural wine movement and the age of ‘wellness’, it was just a matter of time until a brand tried to hoodwink us. Quickest to the mark were Cameron Diaz and Katherine Power with ‘clean wine’, Avaline.

[harpers.co.uk]

John

Why is a ‘clean’ wine generating controversy?
24 August 2020 17:29
Why is a ‘clean’ wine generating controversy?

Let me start by saying I like Cameron Diaz as an actress.

Her campy stints in The “Charlie’s Angels” flicks, her audio role as Princess Fiona in the “Shrek” films and her dirty dancing in the Chinese restaurant in “The Sweetest Thing” have all made me smile. Though we have not seen her on the big screen since 2014 (“Annie”), she did video-convene with her bestie, Gwyneth Paltrow, for an “In Goop Health” online session this month.

She wants us all to know that she is well in her new life as a wife, mum and, yes, wine entrepreneur. Not surprisingly, the discussion centered on her recently developed wine label Avaline (Ah-vah-leene).

[www.aspentimes.com]

John

Re: Why is a ‘clean’ wine generating controversy?
25 August 2020 17:24
Clean Wines, Explained: Separating Fact From Fiction in Winemaking’s Newest Trend

Offering the promise of "healthy" booze.

[robbreport.com]

John

The dirty truth about ‘clean wine’
27 August 2020 17:24
The dirty truth about ‘clean wine’

Move over food, it’s now about booze.

[www.bodyandsoul.com.au]

John

Overstating terroir: the effacing of the vigneron
03 September 2020 16:49

Unlike most other agricultural products, bar the most niche of fruit and vegetable, a wine’s origin, in some cases down to a single acre of land, is touted as a semi-mystical source of quality. Although lacking an exact definition, Jancis Robinson notes terroir to be a vines ‘total natural growing environment‘.

[wordonthegrapevine.co.uk]

John

The Dirty Business of 'Clean' Wine
11 September 2020 17:33
The Dirty Business of 'Clean' Wine

Wine is an alcoholic beverage, not a wellness product. So what does all of this clean wine marketing really mean?

[www.foodandwine.com]

John

Behind the label: the making of a sustainable and vegan wine
22 September 2020 17:25
Behind the label: the making of a sustainable and vegan wine

Winemakers John Coughlan and Roberto Delgado talk peas and potatoes - no, really - and the craft of making sustainably produced vegan wine.

[www.theguardian.com]

John

Slow Wine, Explained
29 September 2020 17:10
Slow Wine, Explained

As a young man, Paul Beveridge developed a deep affinity for Slow Food, an international movement that aspires to preserve simple, traditional ways of living and eating. In 1990, he and his wife even took a Slow Food road trip through France and Italy, where they relished the slower pace of life and outstanding meals.

[www.winemag.com]

John

Bertrand: Biodynamics changed my life
06 October 2020 12:06
Bertrand: Biodynamics changed my life

Converting to biodynamics has been life-changing for Languedoc winemaker Gérard Bertrand, who has seen the acidity levels in some of his wines increase by 50% as a result.

[www.thedrinksbusiness.com]

John

Natural wine organisation celebrates its first anniversary
08 October 2020 17:33
Natural wine organisation celebrates its first anniversary

Jacques Carroget, chairman of the natural wine producers’ organisation sums up the past year in one word: “Encouraging”. A year ago, the newly-minted group was focusing on a legal document to codify the concept of natural wine, and avoid it being wrongfully used. Apart from a charter established in 2005 by the Natural Wine Association, there was no legal framework for producing natural wine. At the beginning of 2020, a charter was endorsed by the producers’ organisation, then in the spring by trading standards, providing irrefutable official recognition of ‘natural method wine’; the term ‘natural’ is highly regulated and was rejected by the authorities.

[www.vitisphere.com]

John

THE GOOD EARTH: CAN TERROIR TRANSLATE BEYOND WINE?
13 October 2020 17:21
THE GOOD EARTH: CAN TERROIR TRANSLATE BEYOND WINE?

Terroir can be a mysterious concept. Loosely defined as the climate, soil, and other geographic characteristics flavoring wine grapes, terroir is often fiercely defended by the growers within named wine regions. A Bordeaux wine is not a Burgundy is not a Languedoc, and most certainly is not a Napa Valley wine.

[www.spiritedbiz.com]

John

How Winemakers Craft Clean Natural Wines
14 October 2020 11:43
How Winemakers Craft Clean Natural Wines

The natural wine category is often associated with characteristics that are considered defects. Yet many natural wines are as clean and stable as conventionally produced wine.

[daily.sevenfifty.com]

John

So, what's new in the world of orange wine in 2020? We ask the on-trade
29 October 2020 18:12
So, what's new in the world of orange wine in 2020? We ask the on-trade

As the UK gets its first dedicated orange wine bar, Millie Milliken takes a look at how the perpetual ‘next big thing’ in wine is performing in the on-trade

[imbibe.com]

John

Friday Read: Monoculture wars – the vineyards killing ecosystems
30 October 2020 18:28
Friday Read: Monoculture wars – the vineyards killing ecosystems

In Napa, John Williams, winemaker and the owner of Frogs Leap, is a winemaker in the minority. Around 6-7% of his land is devoted to crops other than vines. It’s a move that makes him stick out like a sore thumb surrounded by Rutherford’s rolling valleys where there’s barely a fruit tree in sight. In a region where a single hectare costs on average $1m, why devote a single plot to anything else?

[harpers.co.uk]

John

Compulsory exemption for planting conventional vines as organic starting 2022
08 November 2020 11:40
Compulsory exemption for planting conventional vines as organic starting 2022

The exception has become the rule. Due to the lack of organic vine plants in France, organic winegrowers use young vines sourced from conventional outlets. The new plantings are declared in the switch-over phase to organic for 3 years, during which time they cannot produce wines.

[www.vitisphere.com]

John

Two in three independent French winegrowers belong to an environmental scheme
07 December 2020 17:37
Two in three independent French winegrowers belong to an environmental scheme

“Once again, the figures illustrate how rapidly independent winegrowers are responding to environmental challenges. 69% of them are now certified or converting to organic (Acool smiley and/or High Environmental Value (HVE) initiatives, which they pioneered”, said the independent winegrower association in a press release.

[www.vitisphere.com]

John

Swallowing the Reality of Natural Wine
27 January 2021 13:42
Swallowing the Reality of Natural Wine

Despite all the heated debate, isn't it time we accepted that natural wine is here to stay?

[www.wine-searcher.com]

John

Wine and the Good Dirt
02 February 2021 18:43
Wine and the Good Dirt

Clay can be a challenge for grapegrowers, but it can also help produce some of the world's best wines.

[www.wine-searcher.com]

John

Organic wine is not all hype, apparently
03 February 2021 18:26
Organic wine is not all hype, apparently

The term “organic” has been so overused in our culture that it’s become a nebulous indicator of virtue and goodness more than anything else. There’s an organic version of everything, from kale to condoms, so it’s safe to say that this is an enduring trend. But technically, claiming that something is organic needs to rely on a substantive measure. For example, the USDA will label certain produce organic if pesticides were not used to grow it. But when it comes to natural and organic wines — which are having a moment — what's the story? Are they better for us and the environment or just a part of this wellness halo we’re so hell bent on acquiring?

[www.mic.com]

John

Re: Organic wine is not all hype, apparently
03 February 2021 18:29
CHÂTEAU FLEUR CARDINALE BEGINS ORGANIC CONVERSION

St Emilion grand cru Château Fleur Cardinale has begun its conversion to organic farming which is due to be completed by 2024.

[www.thedrinksbusiness.com]

John

MOONSTRUCK IN ALSACE: HOW BIODYNAMIC WINEMAKERS ARE CONNECTING THE DOTS BETWEEN SOIL AND SKY
09 February 2021 19:08
MOONSTRUCK IN ALSACE: HOW BIODYNAMIC WINEMAKERS ARE CONNECTING THE DOTS BETWEEN SOIL AND SKY

Fourth Century Chinese philosopher Zhuang Zhou once said, "Knowing that knowledge cannot know, remains the highest knowledge."

[grapecollective.com]

John

Brettanomyces biofilm: elimination made more difficult
11 February 2021 18:19

Resistance to cleaning agents

The Technical Department of Inter Rhone is leading a research project in conjunction with the University Institute of Vine and Wine in Dijon. The object of the research is to better understand the biofilm lifestyle of Brettanomyces and its link with resistance to cleaning agents.

[www.infowine.com]#

John

Terroir and global warming
15 February 2021 18:21
Terroir and global warming

When I first started to learn about wine, many French wines commanded a price premium, and were apparently intended as an aspirational connoisseur drink. This, at least, was the idea presented by the (mostly British) commentators of the time. New World wine was seen as much more down-market, as it was not quite so much tied up with the notion of "terroir".

[winegourd.blogspot.com]

John

Terroir: reality or fantasy
15 February 2021 18:26
Terroir: reality or fantasy

Terroir is a French word that has no exact equivalent in English, but means “sense of place” or as American writer Matt Kramer says, “somewhereness”.

[www.therealreview.com]

John

22 February 2021 18:10

Unlike most other agricultural products, bar the most niche of fruit and vegetable, a wine’s origin, in some cases down to a single acre of land, is touted as a semi-mystical source of quality. Although lacking an exact definition, Jancis Robinson notes terroir to be a vines ‘total natural growing environment‘. While some consider farming practices a function of terroir, for the most part, it is inclusive of the place, not the person. It is said that the soil, subsoil, rocks, exposition, mesoclimate, and microclimate of a particular vine, are amongst that which most influence the grapevines phenotype.

[wordonthegrapevine.co.uk]

John

Sorry, alleen geregistreerde gebruikers mogen berichten plaatsen in dit forum.

Klik hier om in te loggen