Welkom! » Log in » Registreer een nieuw account

Diversen

Gepost door JohnCopier 
STUPID WINE DESCRIPTIONS
14 January 2020 13:47
STUPID WINE DESCRIPTIONS

For the last 5 years I have published my list of the most stupid wine descriptions from the past year. The list is a compilation of what I think are the most stupid wine descriptions published by some of the 100 point wine writers. And, hard to believe, but these wine descriptions are written by these 100 point wine writers who are describing actual wines. So take a look and see if you think the description of the wine matches the actual wine or, for that matter, any wine that you have ever tasted. For me, the answer is a resounding NO! Therefore, I believe that these descriptions are prima facie evidence that many wine descriptions do not matter when using a 100 point system. After all, who would buy or drink any wine based on these descriptions? That only leaves the points as the basis for buying. And, sadly, for many people, wine is all about points. But, for the rest of us, we can get some laughs out of some of the descriptions! And we can drink the wines we like and like what we drink (click here to read my article on that subject).

[www.undergroundwineletter.com]

John

Life is always better when I wine.

Koken is meer dan een recept.
Re: STUPID WINE DESCRIPTIONS
14 January 2020 13:49
The Meaning of Wine Scores

Wine statistics guru David Morrison wades into the issue of wine scores. Despite their alleged usefulness as a marketing tool, he finds them fundamentally misleading because they falsely imply the score serves some precise mathematical purpose.

[foodandwineaesthetics.com]

John

The Other Wine Balancing Acts
10 February 2020 19:18
The Other Wine Balancing Acts

A new generation of wine professionals are in pursuit of different kinds of balance.

Finding balance within the wine industry goes far beyond what's in the bottle.

[www.wine-searcher.com]

John

CGA & The Buyer Report: What Are The Next Big Things in Wine?
12 February 2020 19:26
CGA & The Buyer Report: What Are The Next Big Things in Wine?

OK before you read any further, it’s time to manage expectations. This report does not tell you what the next Prosecco or Pinot Grigio is going to be. But what it does do is provide the insight and the analysis into understanding the consumer and why wine sales in the on-trade were down a further 6% last year. It also explains in detail the steps needed to make wine less of a daunting drinks category for consumers to navigate and how the answer to reviving wine sales actually comes in how it is promoted, talked about, presented and served.

[www.the-buyer.net]

John

Six firefighters clear up spill from 1,590-litre wine bottle
13 February 2020 13:31
Six firefighters clear up spill from 1,590-litre wine bottle

Six firefighters from the Austrian town of Lustenau were called to a Chinese restaurant after staff noticed that their prized three-metre tall wine bottle, containing 1,590 litres of Burgenland Zweigelt, was leaking.

[www.thedrinksbusiness.com]

John

Sorry, alleen geregistreerde gebruikers mogen berichten plaatsen in dit forum.

Klik hier om in te loggen