Welkom! » Log in » Registreer een nieuw account

Techniek in en rond de wijn, oxidation

Gepost door JohnCopier 
The Science Behind UV Light in Vineyards
19 November 2022 13:04
The Science Behind UV Light in Vineyards

Wine regions that receive higher levels of UV light are finding it comes with unexpected challenges—and benefits

[daily.sevenfifty.com]

John

Life is always better when I wine.

Koken is meer dan een recept.
Scientists in Spain Look to Old Vines to Save Wine Business
19 November 2022 13:08
Scientists in Spain Look to Old Vines to Save Wine Business

Genetic researchers in Spain’s wine country believe grape vines that have lived for more than 35 years are better able to deal with high temperatures brought by climate change.

[learningenglish.voanews.com]

John

Are my bubbles shrinking? A deeper look at oxygen desorption in wine
22 November 2022 18:04
Are my bubbles shrinking? A deeper look at oxygen desorption in wine

In the past decade, there has been an increasing amount of work dedicated to understanding micro-oxygenation in wine. Oxygen desorption into nitrogen gas is a similar process, but there has been little work focusing on this process and no work explicitly examining the effect that changes in wine components have on the process. The removal of excess dissolved oxygen from wine prior to bottling is commonly done in winemaking. A widely used method involves sparging nitrogen through the wine, in a process known as desorption. An indicator of the rate of oxygen desorption (DO) is the oxygen volumetric mass transfer coefficient (kLa), which can be determined experimentally. The aim of the study was to examine how temperature, superficial gas velocity, and ethanol and glycerol levels affected the kLa of dissolved oxygen into nitrogen gas in an aqueous solution of ethanol and glycerol.

[www.infowine.com]

John

A robot will use hydrogen fuel cells in vineyards
12 December 2022 18:03
A robot will use hydrogen fuel cells in vineyards

At the Vinitech trade fair in Bordeaux, the Exel group showcased an environmentally-friendly prototyping of Traxx using a new fuel, namely hydrogen. To achieve this, Exxact Robotics, the research centre for the Exel Industries group, and Fétis Group, via its subsidiary Dintec, have joined forces. The partnership has produced the Traxx Concept H2, the first autonomous green hydrogen vineyard tractor. More specifically, Dintec has designed a hydrogen-powered generator comprising the hydrogen fuel cell, hydrogen storage, the secure control and command of the unit and its integration into the machine. The standard hydrogen fuel cell from the road market (buses, trucks, etc.) was customised for this system to include all the functionalities required for agricultural use.

[www.vitisphere.com]

John

Yet Artificial, Wine Review From Old Friends
23 January 2023 12:33
Yet Artificial, Wine Review From Old Friends

What if I asked the Chat GPT to pretend it is Donald Trump and to review a made up wine?

[tomwark.substack.com]

John

We Asked an A.I. Chatbot to Write a Drinks Review. Here’s What Happened
13 February 2023 14:03
We Asked an A.I. Chatbot to Write a Drinks Review. Here’s What Happened

Like everyone else, I’m a little obsessed with the arrival of artificial intelligence bots—also known as A.I. chatbots—but specifically ChatGPT, a tool that debuted in November 2022 from the research lab OpenAI.

[www.winemag.com]

John

How sheep wool is helping vineyard make better wine
23 February 2023 12:59
How sheep wool is helping vineyard make better wine

A farmer’s novel idea to help deter pests from eating allotment vegetables could help kickstart a revolution in the Welsh wine industry.

[www.bbc.com]

John

Scare Tactics: Robotic technologies applied to bird scaring
23 February 2023 13:04
Scare Tactics: Robotic technologies applied to bird scaring

Small autonomous robots are being trialled as bird deterrents across Marlborough this growing season as the developer looks to demonstrate their utility in the role.

[www.ruralnewsgroup.co.nz]

John

Sorry, alleen geregistreerde gebruikers mogen berichten plaatsen in dit forum.

Klik hier om in te loggen