Welkom! » Log in » Registreer een nieuw account

Bordeaux

Gepost door RobertKoopman 
Summer campaign for Bordeaux En Primeur
22 May 2020 14:53
Summer campaign for Bordeaux En Primeur

After the shock of En Primeur week being suspended and with time for a rethink during lockdown, the Union des Grands Crus de Bordeaux (UGCcool smiley is rescheduling the presentation of the 2019 vintage next June, as a prelude to the marketing campaign. “A large majority of producers, merchants and customers have now agreed that the lesser evil is to hold an En Primeur campaign this summer”, claimed Ronan Laborde, chairman of the UGCB.

[www.vitisphere.com]

John

Life is always better when I wine.

Koken is meer dan een recept.
Re: Summer campaign for Bordeaux En Primeur
22 May 2020 18:46
Bordeaux’s Fractured Futures Campaign

The 2019 vintage is in barrel, quality TBD. But with the wines remaining untasted, at what price, if any, will buyers bite?

[www.winespectator.com]

John

Une machine de guerre au service de Bordeaux
27 May 2020 13:34
Une machine de guerre au service de Bordeaux

Depuis sa création, en 1973, l’Union des grands crus de Bordeaux a su valoriser le savoir-faire des châteaux dans le monde entier.

[avis-vin.lefigaro.fr]

John

Bordeaux invests in Australian wine
27 May 2020 19:02
Bordeaux invests in Australian wine

Wynns Coonawarra Estate John Riddoch Cabernet Sauvignon and Jim Barry ‘The Armagh’ Shiraz will soon be launched through La Place de Bordeaux and distributed by some of Bordeaux’s most powerful and influential négociant houses.

[winetitles.com.au]

John

Bordeaux estates launch latest vintages with lower prices
28 May 2020 18:58
Bordeaux estates launch latest vintages with lower prices

Travel restrictions have disrupted one of the most important part of the year for Bordeaux's fine wine producers.

[www.thedrinksbusiness.com]

John

Bordeaux 2019, at a Distance: Advantages?
28 May 2020 19:07
Bordeaux 2019, at a Distance: Advantages?

Eager observers of my posts and schedule will notice that I originally intended to post these thoughts yesterday, but the truth is a full day of tasting, rounded off by a Zoom videoconference with Philippe Bascaules at Château Margaux, left me with no time to see it through. So here I am, just 24 hours behind schedule.

[www.thewinedoctor.com]

John

What is a second wine?
03 June 2020 18:49
What is a second wine?

As prices for grands crus classés reach new heights, and just before the 2019 vintage comes onto the market, iDealwine takes a look at the Bordeaux specific phenomenon of « second wines ». Ancient tradition or marketing ploy? A good buy or a misguided choice?

[www.idealwine.info]

John

Omri Ram on why Pomerol’s Château Lafleur is so special
12 June 2020 19:13
Omri Ram on why Pomerol’s Château Lafleur is so special

It says a lot about the ascending status of Château Lafleur that to date it is the only Bordeaux château to release 2019 en primeur wines at the same price as 2018. So why is it the exception to the rule? With the release of the six new wines of Lafleur and sister estate Grand Village, winemaker Omri Ram takes time out to discuss the turning point of the Pomerol estate’s 3-terroir Grand Vin project, how to make a great white wine on the Right Bank, why droughts make for top vintages, the inside track on Bordeaux 2019 and how Lafleur, Cheval Blanc and Ausone are the only three estates with ‘the magic ingredient’ that makes the finest Pomerol.

[www.the-buyer.net]

John

‘Hobby vineyards’: a new must-have for wealthy Bordeaux wine lovers?
01 July 2020 19:17
‘Hobby vineyards’: a new must-have for wealthy Bordeaux wine lovers?

Canny entrepreneurs in Bordeaux have begun tapping into a niche-but-growing market for wealthy wine lovers looking to live the dream in France, according to a leading estate agency in the region.

[www.decanter.com]

John

Sorry, alleen geregistreerde gebruikers mogen berichten plaatsen in dit forum.

Klik hier om in te loggen