Welkom! » Log in » Registreer een nieuw account

Diversen

Gepost door JohnCopier 
Garnacha Masterclass conducted by Norrel Robertson MW
01 June 2021 17:17
Garnacha Masterclass conducted by Norrel Robertson MW

Since writing The wines of Roussillon, I have become much more aware of the qualities of Grenache, or rather Garnacha as a grape variety, so to continue the exploration further, south of the border, I took the opportunity to listen to Norrel Robertson presenting a Masterclass on Garnacha, to give its Spanish name.

[tastelanguedoc.blogspot.com]

John

Life is always better when I wine.

Koken is meer dan een recept.
The Ancient Origins of Beer Geeks and Wine Snobs
03 June 2021 16:59
The Ancient Origins of Beer Geeks and Wine Snobs

If you’re into wine or beer, you’ve likely come across a few “wine snobs” or “beer geeks.” While they might seem like a modern phenomenon, millennia of evidence proves otherwise. But like everything in history, it depends on where you look.

[www.winemag.com]

John

Why Aren't There More 100-point Wines?
30 June 2021 17:38
Why Aren't There More 100-point Wines?

Although wine-making has never been better, getting the top score is no mean feat.

[www.wine-searcher.com]

John

Long read: Authenticity is worth its weight in gold
01 July 2021 17:00
Long read: Authenticity is worth its weight in gold

Callum Saunders, head of planning at ZEAL Creative, looks to the latest BrewDog scandal over its “solid gold” cans for lessons on the importance of promotional excellence.

[harpers.co.uk]

John

The New Rules of Wine Glasses? There are No Rules.
12 July 2021 17:07
The New Rules of Wine Glasses? There are No Rules.

Stephanie Summerson Hall’s earliest childhood memories are soaked in a kaleidoscope of color. Hall’s grandmother, Estelle, was an avid collector of Depression-era glassware. At her South Carolina home, Estelle’s heirlooms sat perched in two china cabinets until ripe for picking on holidays and Sunday dinners when she’d honor those who gathered with a feast served in sparkling emerald green- and amber-colored glassware.

[www.winemag.com]

John

Michael David Winery's Grape Microbiota Experiment Set To Return To Earth Aboard The SpaceX-22 Mission
14 July 2021 17:21
Michael David Winery's Grape Microbiota Experiment Set To Return To Earth Aboard The SpaceX-22 Mission

LODI, Calif., July 13, 2021 /PRNewswire/ -- Michael David Winery is excited to announce their fermentation experiment, Grape Microbiota, is expected to return to Earth on July 17th. Partnering with Common Sense Solutions (CSS) and sent to the International Space Station on the Northrop Grumman CRS-15 mission payload in February, this experiment investigated the microbial ecology and dynamics of grape juice fermentation in the absence of gravity. Michael David Winery is the first winery in history to conduct wine fermentation on the International Space Station.

[www.prnewswire.com]

John

Grenaches du Monde 2021 : ma sélection de médailles d’or
19 July 2021 17:01
Grenaches du Monde 2021 : ma sélection de médailles d’or

Pour rappel, Grenaches du Monde est un Concours annuel ouvert à tous les vins issus majoritairement de grenache, sans restriction de couleur, d’origine ou de nationalité. J’y participe toujours avec beaucoup de plaisir, d’abord parce que j’aime énormément ce cépage, ensuite parce que l’ambiance y est toujours très chaleureuse et amicale. Mais surtout, il faut reconnaître qu’au fil des ans, ce concours a largement contribué à changer l’image de ce cépage et a permis de mieux en saisir ses grandes expressions.

[les5duvin.wordpress.com]

John

Cabernet Franc's Shot at Glory
19 July 2021 17:18
Cabernet Franc's Shot at Glory

Forever in the shadow of more famous red grapes, the Bordeaux stalwart is looking to a brighter future.

[www.wine-searcher.com]

John

EFFECTS OF WIND ON WINE
20 July 2021 12:08
EFFECTS OF WIND ON WINE

TWO CALIFORNIA VINTNERS DISCUSS HOW WIND INFLUENCES VITICULTURE, WINEMAKING AND RESULTING WINE STYLES

[napavalleywineacademy.com]

John

The Cultivation Method That Makes This Hungarian Wine a Legend
20 July 2021 17:18
The Cultivation Method That Makes This Hungarian Wine a Legend

The region of Tokaj, located in the northeast corner of Hungary, hides an intricate labyrinth of wine cellars. There, amid the earthy scent of oak barrels, lies one of the world’s most famous dessert wines, Tokaji Aszú.

[www.winemag.com]

John

WINE: IS IT SOCIAL RITUAL OR ART?
22 July 2021 17:12
WINE: IS IT SOCIAL RITUAL OR ART?

I’ve often contrasted wine understood as a commodity with wine approached as works of art. But I think there is another useful comparison to make.

[foodandwineaesthetics.com]

John

Golden Vines applicants – Aki Sudo
22 July 2021 17:16
Golden Vines applicants – Aki Sudo

I was born in Shizuoka prefecture in central coastal Japan. This prefecture is well known for tea cultivation. Growing up in Shizuoka, I was always fascinated by the unique aroma of Japanese tea – fresh green tea (Sen-cha), roasted green tea (Houji-cha) etc. It elevated my sense of smell. As a beginner, I didnʼt have any problem detecting the characteristics of wine and I could take all the sommelier examinations in Japan. But as I study more, I think this was extremely intuitive. Now I feel that I need to reach conclusions more theoretically. The key is to follow the ‘deductive tasting format’.

[www.jancisrobinson.com]

John

WHAT IS A “LINEAR” WINE?
26 July 2021 17:10
WHAT IS A “LINEAR” WINE?

The term “linear” is often used in tasting notes, but as Rebecca Meir points out in her article on the term in Wine Enthusiast, it doesn’t have a univocal meaning.

[foodandwineaesthetics.com]

John

The Truth About Gluten-Free Wine
26 July 2021 17:24
The Truth About Gluten-Free Wine

When producers promote their wines as gluten-free, what are they really selling?

[www.pix.wine]

John

More Than Amphorae: The Ancient World’s Other Answers to Aging Wine
04 August 2021 18:59
More Than Amphorae: The Ancient World’s Other Answers to Aging Wine

Increasingly adapted by modern-day wine producers, the age-old practice of vinification using clay containers is becoming more recognized by today’s beverage lovers. Yet, “amphora” remains misused as a blanket term to refer to any clay vessel used to ferment and age wine.

[www.winemag.com]

John

The Song Of The Bard
06 August 2021 10:26
The Song Of The Bard

One of the amusements of social media is that you get to see celebrities from unrelated fields fighting. A prominent sub-genre is athletes telling non-athletes off. If the latter is an unsympathetic figure, the moment is particularly delicious. Few things are more fun than seeing an annoying loudmouth get his comeuppance.

[timatkin.com]

John

The Enduring Appeal of Buttery Chardonnay
12 August 2021 17:24
The Enduring Appeal of Buttery Chardonnay

Rich, decadent styles of Chardonnay are still as popular as ever with drinkers

[www.pix.wine]

John

Grenache back in the spotlight
21 August 2021 11:02
Grenache back in the spotlight

The rise in popularity of lighter and medium-bodied red wines around the world has seen a resurgence in Australian Grenache in recent years. The versatility of the grape means it is finding favour among consumers as a single varietal wine as well as a crucial component in a range of different styles of red blends and rosé wines.

[www.wineaustralia.com]

John

Wine Taxes in Europe
21 August 2021 11:07
Wine Taxes in Europe

If you have ever wondered about the tax consequences of opening a bottle of wine in Europe, today’s map will provide you with some insights.

[taxfoundation.org]

John

Re: Wine Taxes in Europe
23 August 2021 13:12
Nederland staat zelf redelijk laag, wist ik niet!
En Ierland dan! yawning smiley
International Space Station on the bed of viticulture
25 August 2021 13:30
International Space Station on the bed of viticulture

The WISE Mission (2019-2022) is the first private sector-led utility research project to help microgravity meet the agricultural challenge of climate change. To do this, go to the International Space Station (ISS).

[presstories.com]

John

When Wine Drinkers Want Pinot Noir, Without The Pinot Noir
02 September 2021 17:07
When Wine Drinkers Want Pinot Noir, Without The Pinot Noir

Pinot noir is one of the best-known, most easily recognized grape varieties for wine enthusiasts around the world.

[www.forbes.com]

John

Future wine land
06 September 2021 17:03
Future wine land

Some of the world’s most prestigious winemakers list five top regions for making wine in the future.
L.M. Archer has the details.

[www.wine-business-international.com]

John

Demystifying Wine: The Five Wine Pillars
13 September 2021 17:29
Demystifying Wine: The Five Wine Pillars

Demystifying wine is essential today as it has always been… perhaps much more important today than at any other time in the past. The world of variety, region and style is as complicated and misunderstood as it has always been and instead of wine becoming less demystified it is still in the complex and mystified strata.

[jamesthewineguy.wordpress.com]

John

Researchers smoke grapes to see how it affects wine
20 September 2021 17:24
Researchers smoke grapes to see how it affects wine

PROSSER — Smoke is one of those things you don’t want to taste in a wine.

Which is why Tom Collins, an assistant professor at Washington State University’s Wine Science Center, is busy setting fire to wood chips and wood pellets and covering a small section of the university’s research vineyard here with smoke.

[basinbusinessjournal.com]

John

Ciatti Global Market Report September2021/1
20 September 2021 17:30
Ciatti Global Market Report September2021/1

[indd.adobe.com]

John

How Do You Make a Wine for the Ages?
20 September 2021 17:40
How Do You Make a Wine for the Ages?

“It’s like the holy grail, to make wines that age that you can enjoy 20, 30 or 40 years later,” says Rick Small, who founded Woodward Canyon Winery with his wife Darcey in Lowden, Washington in 1981. Since then, the pair have created some of Washington State’s most ageworthy wines, with their children Jordan Dunn-Small and Sager Small recently taking the helm.

[www.winemag.com]

John

Taking a New Look at Old Vines
27 September 2021 17:07
Taking a New Look at Old Vines

The term "old vine" is nebulous at best, and does it have any meaning in the modern wine world?

[www.wine-searcher.com]

John

Wine Acidity Can Be Good. Except When It’s Not
01 October 2021 11:57
Wine Acidity Can Be Good. Except When It’s Not

Everything you ever wanted to know about wine acidity and how to taste it

[www.pix.wine]

John

Recette Vin de Rhubarbe
06 October 2021 12:24
Recette Vin de Rhubarbe

Conseil du Chef pour votre recette de vin de rhubarbe

[www.recettes-et-terroirs.com]

John

Sorry, alleen geregistreerde gebruikers mogen berichten plaatsen in dit forum.

Klik hier om in te loggen