Welkom! » Log in » Registreer een nieuw account

Food & wine en restaurants

Gepost door JohnCopier 
VARIATION WATCH
12 November 2020 19:11
VARIATION WATCH

Constant variation is the life blood of the wine community. The basic styles of wine—red, white, sparkling, and fortified—have been around for centuries. What makes wine interesting is the constant striving for difference within these basic styles that is carried out by nature and our ability to harness it to produce something delicious.

[foodandwineaesthetics.com]

John

Life is always better when I wine.

Koken is meer dan een recept.
M RESTAURANTS HIRES CHAMPAGNE-SERVING ROBOTS
30 November 2020 19:04
M RESTAURANTS HIRES CHAMPAGNE-SERVING ROBOTS

Martin Williams, the chief executive of Rare Restaurants, has recruited Champagne-pouring robots to serve diners at London’s high-end M restaurant chain after lockdown.

[www.thedrinksbusiness.com]

John

How About a Wine Pairing Tonight?
16 February 2021 19:36
How About a Wine Pairing Tonight?

Miguel de Leon, the wine director at Pinch Chinese in New York, first began pairing wines using the traditional French notion of what-grows-together-goes-together at Chez Panisse in 2005. But by 2009, working at the Momofuku group, where food wasn’t defined by one region much less one country, he began thinking about pairings as a way to “[maximize] deliciousness,” pairing off-dry sake with foie gras or a celery cocktail with stewed fruit for an ants-on-a-log experience. “Red wine with meat? Maybe. But it was more interesting to show something like Jura sous-voile instead of a well-trodden cab or pinot,” he says.

[punchdrink.com]

John

How TV’s Raul Diaz mastered the fine art of wine and food pairing
19 February 2021 19:42
How TV’s Raul Diaz mastered the fine art of wine and food pairing

At home or at work, finding the perfect wine to match a dish is a fine art – in his latest book Wine & Recipes, wine consultant Raul Diaz uses his Chilean heritage and experience of visiting over 100 countries to inform a colourful and insightful look at wine-and-food matching. Apart from featuring some dazzling recipes the book attempts to lead you into making some smart pairing choices, advice which can be used as a basis for on-site training.

[www.the-buyer.net]

John

Agrifood Brief: More w(h)ining than dining – MEP’s beef with agri promotion
01 March 2021 15:17
Agrifood Brief: More w(h)ining than dining – MEP’s beef with agri promotion

This week: EURACTIV speaks with Green MEP Viola von Cramon about a new report released which found that agricultural subsidies continue to be misused across countries in Central and Eastern Europe, we discuss a new proposal for a ‘Mediterranean diet’ label, and we speak with Simon Wancke, vice-president of the EU young farmers association CEJA, about concerns over the looming Mercosur agreement

[www.euractiv.com]

John

Sorry, alleen geregistreerde gebruikers mogen berichten plaatsen in dit forum.

Klik hier om in te loggen