Welkom! » Log in » Registreer een nieuw account

Champagne, crémant, sekt, cava, prosecco.

Gepost door JohnCopier 
Re: Prosecco or Prošek? Italy and Croatia at loggerheads in the EU
24 September 2021 19:11
Croatia and Italy go to battle over use of the term Prošek

Italy is preparing to block for the second time a PDO application for Croatia’s Prošek wine, claiming it sounds too similar to Prosecco.

[www.thedrinksbusiness.com]

John

Life is always better when I wine.

Koken is meer dan een recept.
Re: Prosecco or Prošek? Italy and Croatia at loggerheads in the EU
29 September 2021 19:04
Prosecco or prošek? The EU battle between Italy and Croatia over wine branding

Prosecco is probably the most famous Italian wine, a byword for sparkling good times and popping corks. But behind the fizz, Italy is in a major dispute over whether Croatia can sell a premium dessert wine by the name of prošek in stores across the EU.

[theconversation.com]

John

Apparently, Prosecco Is Having an Existential Crisis
04 October 2021 19:21
Apparently, Prosecco Is Having an Existential Crisis

One is a sparking wine from Italy. One is a still dessert wine from Croatia. And the debate over them is causing abundant friction between two of the E.U.’s member states. The debate around Prosecco and Prošek is heating up — and, much like heat itself, that’s a worrying thing for wine enthusiasts.

[www.sfgate.com]

John

Meet Côteaux Champenois, the Other Wine From Champagne That’s Giving Bubbly a Run for the Money
04 October 2021 19:30
Meet Côteaux Champenois, the Other Wine From Champagne That’s Giving Bubbly a Run for the Money

It's just as tantalizing and made by many of the region’s famed vintners. But good luck trying to track down a bottle.

[robbreport.com]

John

Whatever Happened to the ‘Peach In Champagne’?
04 October 2021 19:35
Whatever Happened to the ‘Peach In Champagne’?

Halfway through “While the City Sleeps,” a 1956 film noir directed by Fritz Lang, actor George Sanders is sitting in a booth with Ida Lupino in a stylish, vaguely tropical New York restaurant. Before him on the table are two deep, glass goblets, each with a small peach nestled inside. While Lupino talks, Sanders methodically pierces each peach on all sides with a fork. His nonchalance indicates he’s done it countless times before. He then fills each glass with Champagne. The peaches float to the surface.

[vinepair.com]

John

Does Prosecco Taste Like Champagne?
05 October 2021 15:13
Does Prosecco Taste Like Champagne?

Let’s talk about Prosecco, how it tastes, is it the cheaper Champagne option or is it an entirely different experience altogether?

Although Prosecco and Champagne are both Sparkling Wines, they are both made using different methods and different grapes, which does create two different tasting experiences.

[glassofbubbly.com]

John

Champagne 2021 ‘a very human harvest’ says Krug cellar master
04 November 2021 14:11
Champagne 2021 ‘a very human harvest’ says Krug cellar master

This year’s “demanding” vintage in Champagne was deemed “a very human harvest” by Krug cellar master Julie Cavil, who compared the resulting wines to those from 2013.

[www.thedrinksbusiness.com]

John

De champagne van de toekomst vraagt om een nieuwe druif
04 November 2021 14:04
De champagne van de toekomst vraagt om een nieuwe druif

Zal het jaar 2100 nog met champagne kunnen worden ingeluid? Opwarming bedreigt de wijngaarden in de Champagne en ook de smaak van de mousserende feestdrank. Producenten zoeken daarom naarstig naar de druif van de toekomst. Wordt het de voltis?

[www.volkskrant.nl]

John

Re: De champagne van de toekomst vraagt om een nieuwe druif
04 November 2021 14:09
Champagne approaches the festive season with a shortage of wire caps, labels and foil caps

It’s now become a fact of life in Champagne – everyone knew that trade would resume after all the gloom caused by the pandemic, but no one had imagined that business would pick up quite so quickly and dramatically. Champagne firms are now coping with a huge influx of orders for the festive season, and are being overwhelmed by demand, but at the same time limited by their suppliers due to lack of inventory. Consequently, “we are short of everything: wire caps, neck labels, boxes, foil caps...” comments Maxime Toubart, chairman of the Champagne producers’ organisation (SGV), who also highlights the fact that the price increases caused by the surging cost of raw materials come with considerable pressure on lead times.

[www.vitisphere.com]

John

Re: De champagne van de toekomst vraagt om een nieuwe druif
11 November 2021 18:36
Will the World Run Out of Champagne? Don't Panic

Hail, frost and mildew meant the 2021 growing season was the toughest in years, but quality is high and reserve wines will ensure there is no Champagne shortage

[www.winespectator.com]

John

Sorry, alleen geregistreerde gebruikers mogen berichten plaatsen in dit forum.

Klik hier om in te loggen