Welkom! » Log in » Registreer een nieuw account

Champagne, crémant, sekt, cava, prosecco.

Gepost door JohnCopier 
The Christmas I learned that prosecco is not a personality
16 December 2020 19:24
The Christmas I learned that prosecco is not a personality

I thought my friends bought me fizz because I was fun. In fact, it was because they barely knew me any more

[www.theguardian.com]

John

Life is always better when I wine.

Koken is meer dan een recept.
Frustrating Champagne labelling
16 December 2020 19:47
Frustrating Champagne labelling

As an enthusiastic Champagne drinker first, and wine professional second, I’m frustrated by the lack of information on Champagne bottles.

Especially with non-vintage (NV) Champagnes, which are normally blends of several vintages, I like to have some idea of the wine’s age, and preferably, the length of time it spent maturing on its lees.

[www.therealreview.com]

John

SEKT: THE CHEQUERED HISTORY
16 December 2020 19:49
SEKT: THE CHEQUERED HISTORY

For the longest time, Sekt was a dirty word. It stood for bottles of inexpensive, easy fizz with obnoxious plastic corks to be found on the street, next to the debris of spent fireworks, on New Year’s Day. Leftovers from high jinks and cheap thrills the night before. But that was then. Today, Sekt’s star is once again on the rise. We cannot even say that it is returning to its former glory because the story of German Sekt today is unprecedented and, quite literally, effervescent.

[trinkmag.com]

John

NATURAL WINES OF THE AUBE: TURNING CHAMPAGNE UPSIDE DOWN
12 January 2021 15:12
NATURAL WINES OF THE AUBE: TURNING CHAMPAGNE UPSIDE DOWN

Champagne is a region with a well defined and often strictly adhered-to identity. Its brand is luxury, built on the backs of large negociant houses making large amounts of very consistent sparkling wine in a region that is one of the world’s most challenging areas to grow ripe grapes. Champagne is famous for cold fronts, hail, and rain, causing mildew, rot, and many other vine diseases which are the enemy of the grape grower. Because of this most Champagne has historically been a blended wine - multi-varietal, multi-vintage, multi-vineyard - in order to achieve a reliable product year in and year out. While the obvious successes of these tactics may prove them a triumph to many, others yet criticize these practices for homogenizing a region of rich potential.

[grapecollective.com]

John

Champagne’s Latest Problem? Sheep Theft
12 January 2021 15:20
Champagne’s Latest Problem? Sheep Theft

It’s been a difficult year for the champagne industry for a number of reasons. Without anything to celebrate during Covid-19, sales of the bubbly plummeted by as much as 70%, leaving as many as 100 million unsold bottles in wine cellars.

[www.forbes.com]

John

CHAMPAGNE FILM FEATURING STEPHEN FRY TO LAUNCH AT CANNES
14 January 2021 14:48
CHAMPAGNE FILM FEATURING STEPHEN FRY TO LAUNCH AT CANNES

A film about Champagne featuring Stephen Fry, a range of high-profile figures from the French sparkling wine region, and UK wine writers is to launch at Cannes in the summer.

[www.thedrinksbusiness.com]

John

Sorry, alleen geregistreerde gebruikers mogen berichten plaatsen in dit forum.

Klik hier om in te loggen